Abel to Yzerman

Today We Settle All Family Business

When this fire is finally done, and there's nothing but embers left and the Wings have pissed all over the ashes of the West once and for good?  It will have been the perfect way to leave this idiotic, Bettman-created sewer of a conference.

Nashville? Eliminated from playoff contention, largely because the Wings turned it up with two weeks left.  Nice knowing you Bubba.

St. Louis? A great joke. So much promise, yet nothing to show for it.  Now resigned to sit and watch the two teams they despise the most. Again.

Columbus? Again, another nice little team that almost got there but petered out when the Wings ratcheted up the heat.

Anaheim...a former nemesis, but now just an overrated afterthought.  Nice knowing you, Corey.

Chicago...oh, what a way to leave.  More on that in a minute.  But, if it happens, the sweetest road East would be through San Jose.  The Wings owe them and this is just the year to do it.

Chicago's loading up their top line: Kane, Sharpe, Toes.  That's the best Quenneville can do. He's tried everything else. It's his last ditch bit of genius.  Unfortunately for him, the real genius has better hair and he hunts big game. By himself. With one bullet.

3 games to do this, but you know it needs to end tonite.  You can't take it and I know for a fact I absolutely can't.

LGRW.  Settle this. It's a Live Blog, bitches.

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Graphic brilliance below courtesy of SoDakWIngNut.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

LivinLaVidaLockout's avatar

Bounces will start ‘going their way’ after a few rounds of 18, I’m sure.  Whore-style.

Posted by LivinLaVidaLockout on 05/25/13 at 05:52 PM ET

dougie's avatar

You can’t take it and I know for a fact I absolutely can’t.

That’s the damn truth, if it has ever been spoken. Let’s just be done with it tonight, so I won’t be scowling at my grill all weekend.

Posted by dougie on 05/25/13 at 05:55 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

3 games to do this, but you know it needs to end tonite.  You can’t take it and I know for a fact I absolutely can’t.

You said it, Chief.  Do it tonight.

Awesome image by SoDakWingNut.

No LB for me again tonight.  I’ve stayed away from the last three and the Wings won.  So… No Jink.

I am wearing my James Mother Fuching Tiberius Howard t-shirt, which I have worn for the last three games, hoping it’s a good puck luck charm.

Wings just need to bear down, focus every minute of every shift, and hope Toes just loses it completely.  I’ll be watching with the sound muted again - the only way to watch the NBC crew.

Burn.This.Conference.Down.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/25/13 at 05:55 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

Burn it all General Tecumseh ” Babs” Sherman.

Posted by Rdwings28 on 05/25/13 at 05:56 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Burn it all General Tecumseh ” Babs” Sherman.

Posted by Rdwings28 on 05/25/13 at 05:56 PM ET

Sherman was a sorry excuse for a human being. Babcock is just the opposite. Big difference.

Sorry to get my “Southern” up, but that’ll do it every time tongue wink

Posted by dougie on 05/25/13 at 06:01 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

LGRW. Settle this. It’s a Live Blog, bitches.

It’s Game 5 and the Wings should expect nothing but the full on goon squad douchebaggery that is Quinnville. That will not be enough. Not tonite.

Our Detroit Red Wings will…..Be prepared. Be determined. Be closers.

Burn it the fuch down!

Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/25/13 at 06:12 PM ET

monkey's avatar

It’s on now, bitches.

Time for Sherman to show these rebs what’s for.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/25/13 at 06:30 PM ET

Tony Perkis's avatar

It was Barzini all along…

Posted by Tony Perkis from Drinking at Robert's Lounge with Billy Batts on 05/25/13 at 06:34 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

90 minutes. Trying to be cool, but I’m ridiculously amped.

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/25/13 at 06:35 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

thanks, Chief.

I mean, Thank You.

Since we may not have a GDT nor LB Monday, please allow me to post this today:

Take a moment to honor those who have served our country!

... and this is worth a read,

“Never Give Up”

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/25/13 at 06:37 PM ET

gowings's avatar

God….just came back from the office. The board shows the odds of the Wings winning tonight….. 2 VS 17 !!!! Only 2 of us voted for the Wings….I was laughed at all day. Heard terrible things….how the Hawks will bounce back….how “lucky” we were and how the Hawks will slap us silly 6-0…... :(

I want them ALL to pay dearly….. I want to prove them wrong…..I want to go back to work and show them…..

Please Wings…..this one will be THE most difficult game…...just WIN…...if we win this, I am convinced we can win the cup (some will call me crazy, but I truly believe it)

Posted by gowings from MTL on 05/25/13 at 06:37 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Don’t tell me you’re innocent, Carlo.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/25/13 at 06:37 PM ET

Konnichiwa, Chief-san.  A tip of the Guinness to you and the shooters.  Slainte.

Let’s just play.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/25/13 at 06:43 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I’ll be late to the LB for gametime, if at all.  When recital ends we’re all going out to eat.  But I’ll be watching, oohhhhh I’ll be watching.

More of the same please, more of the same.

Posted by Primis on 05/25/13 at 06:46 PM ET

SandysWingingit's avatar

One more chance for Toews to deny Z is getting under his skin…so deep under his skin… LET’S GO RED WINGS!

Posted by SandysWingingit on 05/25/13 at 06:58 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Thanks Stoney, for the reminder. And the link.

Thanks CMC, for your service, and for all you do, every single day.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/25/13 at 06:58 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Jack Adams Award nominee Joel Quenneville’s coaching strategy adjustments for tonights elimination game… stretch passes and putting Toes, .20, a diver, and a ball spearer all on one line…

Posted by pgoody on 05/25/13 at 07:02 PM ET

Aimee in Austin's avatar

I am taking the kid to watch this game with the Chicago side of the family tonight. He’s wearing his lucky sweater and - Zata willing - we will do our best to get them a few noise complaints from the neighbors.

Burn it down, B*tches.

LGRW!

Posted by Aimee in Austin on 05/25/13 at 07:02 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Burn it down, B*tches.

LGRW!

Posted by Aimee in Austin on 05/25/13 at 07:02 PM ET

You and the kid have fun, Aimee. Do us proud.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/25/13 at 07:05 PM ET

Graphic brilliance below courtesy of SoDakWIngNut.

Genius.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/25/13 at 07:10 PM ET

19 sticktaps to the men and women of the United States Armed Forces this Memorial Day Weekend.  Never Forget.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/25/13 at 07:14 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Here’s to Anaheim! and soon to be Chicago, remember the fallen!!!!!!!

Posted by pgoody on 05/25/13 at 07:15 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thank you Chief and all others that are serving or have served.

Thanks Stonehands, nice article.

Howdy 19+

Wings - Lets Settle this, indeed!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 05/25/13 at 07:19 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

Oh, Im posting that image on my facebook, hope you and SoDakWIngNut dont mind, chief!
Its too good!

LGRW!!!

Posted by Zqto on 05/25/13 at 07:19 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

No LB here, the clan is in town.
Good luck, bitches.
LGRW

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/25/13 at 07:20 PM ET

Alan's avatar

A brilliant graphic, and yet another masterpiece of a post. Let’s do this.

Burn. This. Conference. Down.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 05/25/13 at 07:21 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

I chuckled. Had I been drinking already, ( I am not) I might have back snorted a R&C. Okay, I lied, I am, I did.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 05/25/13 at 07:23 PM ET

SoDakWIngNut's avatar

Thanks everyone…was an honor to have it posted here. Never forget the fallen or the missing. L.G.R.W! 9 for 12!

Posted by SoDakWIngNut from Rapid City, SD on 05/25/13 at 07:25 PM ET

Skate to the throat Bitches.

This one is for Q. Give it up.  Babcock has your number.  Soon to be 0-6 in playoffs vs. Wings. 9 to 12,  and 5 to Rosby.

Posted by Jeff from CO. on 05/25/13 at 07:31 PM ET

I’m not feeling the General Sherman comparison in regard to Babcock. My personal opinion is that he has been channeling ancient Chinese general and strategist Sun Tzu who pretty much wrote the manual on battle, The Art of War.

“Should the enemy strengthen his van, he will weaken his rear; should he strengthen his rear, he will weaken his van; should he strengthen his left, he will weaken his right; should he strengthen his right, he will weaken his left. If he sends reinforcements everywhere, he will everywhere be weak.”

My favorite quote:  “If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.”

Posted by bkrigner1313 on 05/25/13 at 07:32 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Michael. (Babcock)  Do you renounce satin? (The western conference)
Organ music commence.
End er tonite Wings.

I give my most respect to all who have lost a family member or friend while serving this country. That’s what this weekend is all about. It allows us to enjoy everything and anything.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 05/25/13 at 07:35 PM ET

Will definitely have the NBC feed on my PC, but muting the bitch as usual.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/25/13 at 07:37 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Evening, bitches, I have a day of your redolence to catch up on.  Thank you, Master Chief, for keeping the Stress Train rolling.

It’s 9 to 12 , Do you know where your children are and what are you bitches drinking?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/25/13 at 07:40 PM ET

VooX's avatar

VLC Link

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/25/13 at 07:43 PM ET

...and what are you bitches drinking?

A Guinness, Tarbender, and the next one.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/25/13 at 07:44 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Got the spring yardwork done on a glorious nonhumid day thanks to a cool front from our friends to the north. Even had time to wash a bunch of very stinky hockey gear that my teammates will appreciate. Half way through a LaGloria Cubana cigar and a Shiner bock beer. 30 more minutes bitches.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 05/25/13 at 07:46 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Vooxie. Give me some of the house whiskey. Silly vu play.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 05/25/13 at 07:50 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

so I’m watching Boston/NY…

is it just me or are neither of these teams particularly good?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/25/13 at 07:55 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

...and what are you bitches drinking?

Three fingers of rum on the rocks with a lime, por favor

Watching the Rangers game.  They show an intro of our game and it has Kane scoring a goal….like that has happened a lot.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 05/25/13 at 07:55 PM ET

Tony Perkis's avatar

I’m drinking Victory Prima Pils. Made in PA so I’m not sure if you guys get Victory, but it’s delicious. Drank it the past 3 wins, so I had to buy some more for tonight.

Posted by Tony Perkis from Drinking at Robert's Lounge with Billy Batts on 05/25/13 at 07:55 PM ET

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »