Abel to Yzerman

Three and Five

Three wins, five losses. That's it so far, and, it wouldn't be so bad if there was at least some semblance of competence, some respect for Wings fans that do not expect miracles. Only a good effort. So, if you're here watching tonight, thank you for persevering.

It's a Live Blog!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >       Next »

calquake's avatar

Three and Five

Makes eight right? wink  Thanks Kate. It’s a great night for a hockey game. L.G.R.W.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/22/19 at 06:22 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

wink  Winky! I absolutely love Mickey!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/22/19 at 06:31 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Evening bitches.

Had a hot dog for dinner…. And made it my special way

Wings win tonight and it aint close

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/22/19 at 06:31 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

The Wings are sure playing like it’s the 80s…. grrr

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/22/19 at 06:33 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Evening bitches.

Had a hot dog for dinner…. And made it my special way

Wings win tonight and it aint close

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/22/19 at 07:31 PM ET

So, you had a hot dinner. Whore style… LOL

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/22/19 at 06:35 PM ET

calquake's avatar

The Wings are sure playing like it’s the 80s….

Please don’t remind me.  confused

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/22/19 at 06:35 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Haha. Damn right Kate.  Just didn’t want to offend our more sensitive members which such crass language. Lol

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/22/19 at 06:36 PM ET

calquake's avatar

You are ‘en fuego’ tonight Kate.  LOL

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/22/19 at 06:37 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/22/19 at 07:36 PM ET

“There are no bad words. Bad thoughts. Bad intentions, and wooooords.”

― George Carlin

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/22/19 at 06:42 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Evenin’ Bitches!

Poor team defense, sub-par goaltending, and little offense, other than that I like their chances!

Thanks for the link and LB, Kate/PA/SC/Detroit.

Posted by RWBill on 10/22/19 at 06:43 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I think his 7 words you can’t say on television are down to about two, maybe one, at least on broadcast TV.

Posted by RWBill on 10/22/19 at 06:44 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Speaking of broadcast tv,,,,is there an over the air channel that airs the wings?  Just discovered my crash pads sling account doesn’t have fox sports

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/22/19 at 06:46 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by RWBill on 10/22/19 at 07:44 PM ET

I saw him at the Royal Oak Theater in 1976. He had all 7 words with him… wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/22/19 at 06:49 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Hirose was in front of the net but Beagle was doggin’ him.

Posted by RWBill on 10/22/19 at 06:54 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Wow in that era he made an appearance on the first SNL episode I think, contrasting baseball and football.

Posted by RWBill on 10/22/19 at 06:56 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Evenin’ Bitches!

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 10/22/19 at 06:56 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

42jeff, try this link, it’s whore style.  Go down to the second frame/box.  You may need to ignore/cancel an ad.

Posted by RWBill on 10/22/19 at 06:59 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Rule #1 - No farkin back passes - take it to the net.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 10/22/19 at 06:59 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Big E was waived !!!!

Posted by RWBill on 10/22/19 at 07:01 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

What is he, like 6-4, 6-5?
That’s what we said all the time in Big E’s initial season.

Posted by RWBill on 10/22/19 at 07:02 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Bill you beautiful bitch

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/22/19 at 07:03 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Watch and hope for 4 minutes…

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/22/19 at 07:05 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Oh Bryan Adams had a few greats, or two.

Posted by RWBill on 10/22/19 at 07:06 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Oh boy…...please no squander

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/22/19 at 07:09 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

The Canucks coach signaling a dive??...

Posted by Down River Dan on 10/22/19 at 07:09 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Boom

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/22/19 at 07:10 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Mantha!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/22/19 at 07:10 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Mantha!!!

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/22/19 at 07:10 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 10/22/19 at 07:10 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

T-Bert?!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/22/19 at 07:11 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

This feed is fantastic Bill.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/22/19 at 07:13 PM ET

calquake's avatar

When is Filppula going to make a positive contribution? On the ice.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/22/19 at 07:14 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

When is Filppula going to make a positive contribution? On the ice.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 10/22/19 at 08:14 PM ET

I think he had a SOG. His first one of the season…..... shut eye

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/22/19 at 07:17 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Is Hughes gonna fill the net tonight of the team who passed on him…. wink

Posted by Down River Dan on 10/22/19 at 07:17 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

From the App “Star Walk”.  “This week the moon will pass the Beehive Cluster”

And by that they mean the B-52s, I think.

Posted by RWBill on 10/22/19 at 07:19 PM ET

Coach Cuisinart chops again!

Posted by Squarewheels from The Land of Unhealthy Scratching on 10/22/19 at 07:21 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Glad that’s working 42J.  I can’t get the Lions very often, and why would I want to is the obvious question, and I’m amazed at how good the video is on the bootleg feed I use.  I have NHL TV subscription but thought I”d look up one of the links I used to look for.  Glad it’s working.

Posted by RWBill on 10/22/19 at 07:22 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

When is Filppula going to make a positive contribution? On the ice.

Your expectations may be too high if it has to be on the ice.  Imagine the outrage if Ken Holland had signed, which he often did, an aging, middling, Red Wing throwback.

Posted by RWBill on 10/22/19 at 07:24 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by RWBill on 10/22/19 at 08:22 PM ET

Interestingly it overlays nicely on my screen so I can watch the game and veg out with world of tanks at the same time.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/22/19 at 07:30 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Did I break the thread again?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/22/19 at 07:42 PM ET

1 2 3 >       Next »