Abel to Yzerman

The F Stands For Finger And The Finger Could Really ______ Us All

Thanks to the Emperor for covering me the last few LBs, and thanks to all 19 of you for the patience. January was a slow-moving month on America’s Favorite Carrier and I already told you what February has in store for the weak-hearted Wing fan. I warned you. I told you what kind of pain was on the horizon.

And now it’s here.  Jimmy says it could be two games but then I read it might be 4 weeks until Jimmy said it was more like two weeks he’s hoping because six weeks sucks the worst kind of ass. Seriously. We’re all dead in six weeks if that’s how long Tiberius Howard is out.  Oh, and you want to trade for a backup goalie?

Don’t bother because whoever we get isn’t gonna be good enough to do the job we need done to get what belongs to us.  Baby Jesus, that tiny tadpole of love, adores us but even he can’t guarantee or even decree a Cup if we’re down to a backup goalie some shitbag team was willing to deal in February.  So…it’s James F. Howard or bust, and I’d prefer me some Jimmy if it’s all the same to you.

Transplants. Transplants galore in Gary’s hometown of Phoenix. They’re running amok, paying outrageous sums, drinking cheap beer and laying waste to the women of Glendale, if they’re single and clean…the transplants, that is.

It’s a Live Blog bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›      Next »

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I thought they had better jump than we did. I don’t think we came out with as much energy. It may take us a few periods to get going.

Posted by Mike Babcock from with Bob and David on 02/06/12 at 08:43 PM ET

Fixed.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/06/12 at 10:45 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

if mill berry can diagnos our PP, why can’t our coaches?

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/06/12 at 10:47 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Milbury said sucky. To kind.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/06/12 at 10:47 PM ET

monkey's avatar

if mill berry can diagnos our PP, why can’t our coaches?

Hey, he’s available.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/06/12 at 10:48 PM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Time to put an APB out for the Detroit Red Wings, last seen in the Phoenix area.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/06/12 at 10:49 PM ET

dougie's avatar

When I watch our team play like this, and then I look at the standings, I am confused.

Posted by dougie on 02/06/12 at 10:51 PM ET

monkey's avatar

As is “Sez you”.

Yeah, says you.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/06/12 at 10:52 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Evening bitches, how are we looking?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 02/06/12 at 10:52 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

thought i saw the clock do one of them stop start at 1.8 seconds. but maybe it is just my double vision.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/06/12 at 08:42 PM ET

It’s amazing technology, dude.

Posted by monkey from with Bob and David on 02/06/12 at 08:45 PM ET

Amazing technology indeed.  Thank you Dean Lombardi.  The Coulombs Blue Jackets feel the burn,

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/06/12 at 10:53 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by dougie on 02/06/12 at 08:51 PM ET

Thank goodness we don’t root for those teams…

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/06/12 at 10:53 PM ET

dougie's avatar

When I watch our team play like this, and then I look at the standings, and then I drink more moonshine, I am cornfused.

Posted by dougie on 02/06/12 at 10:53 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

SOG after one, 6-6

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/06/12 at 10:54 PM ET

HockeyFanOhio's avatar

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/06/12 at 08:49 PM ET

Worth the effort but I doubt it will help.  They’ve been looking for the Wings PP for a long time now.  No luck.

Posted by HockeyFanOhio from Central Ohio on 02/06/12 at 10:54 PM ET

monkey's avatar

The Coulombs Blue Jackets feel the burn,

HA

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/06/12 at 10:54 PM ET

Posted by monkey from with Bob and David on 02/06/12 at 08:43 PM ET

I think my head just exploded…again.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 02/06/12 at 10:55 PM ET

Second period.  Start on time?

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 02/06/12 at 10:58 PM ET

VooX's avatar

How has the McGoalie looked?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 02/06/12 at 10:58 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

JMac is on his game, VooX.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/06/12 at 10:59 PM ET

Wings trying to clear the zone and they throw into their own bench.  Par for the course.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 02/06/12 at 10:59 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

bar keeper, bar keeper.

one whiskey one scotch one beer, and don’t be stingy, keep ‘em coming.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/06/12 at 10:59 PM ET

monkey's avatar

We have boobs behind Babcock, but they’re wearing a jersey.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/06/12 at 11:00 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Come on WIngs, we need a few Goals this period.

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/06/12 at 11:00 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

How has the McGoalie looked?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 02/06/12 at 08:58 PM ET

He looked a weak on the Coyote’s break away goal, but hey, if his defense didn’t leave him out to dry…... you know the story.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/06/12 at 11:00 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

blame the break away on bad D, not JMac

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/06/12 at 11:01 PM ET

Yotes 13-2-2 when leading after one period of play.

Nice save, JMac.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 02/06/12 at 11:02 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

The one positive in this game - JMac keeping DET in the game.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/06/12 at 11:02 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

This game may have well started at 10. I’m falling asleep watching this. Howbout some pace huh?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/06/12 at 11:02 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

blame the break away on bad D, not JMac

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/06/12 at 09:01 PM ET

Oh I agree, but you gotta admit that Gordon froze him when an active stick would have ended the chance.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/06/12 at 11:02 PM ET

blame the break away on bad D, not JMac

Replays show Kronner and Stuie on ice for the breakaway.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 02/06/12 at 11:03 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Has E52 shown any redeeming qualities lately?  Sorry for the interrogation, bitches, it’s been a while since I’ve seen a game.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 02/06/12 at 11:04 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Word.  The puck was within reach.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/06/12 at 11:04 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Replays show Kronner and Stuie on ice for the breakaway.

Yeah, and an awful pass from Z started that Fuster Cluck

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/06/12 at 11:05 PM ET

Outworked by an inferiorly talented team.

And there’s the PK.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 02/06/12 at 11:05 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Two minutes for losing your stick?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/06/12 at 11:05 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Has E52 shown any redeeming qualities lately?

A five and a two.  Height.  A beautiful head of hair.  Calm, cool, Swedish.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/06/12 at 11:05 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

That was a penalty?

No fuching way! Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/06/12 at 11:05 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 02/06/12 at 09:04 PM ET

Honestly I think he is starting to turn the corner.  He is a lot less noticeable lately, which in his case is a good thing.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/06/12 at 11:05 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by bezukov from South of Detroit on 02/06/12 at 09:02 PM ET

yep

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/06/12 at 11:05 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Posted by bezukov from South of Detroit on 02/06/12 at 09:02 PM ET

“An active stick solves many problems”
                        - She

Posted by dougie on 02/06/12 at 11:06 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Ian White is having an epically terrible game so far.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/06/12 at 11:06 PM ET