Abel to Yzerman

The Wings Have Turned The Minutes To Hours

And I have no idea where the love of god has gone.  No, that's not pessimism talking. That's not me saying that adorable cherub, that drooling, babbling bundle of baby fat and joy, our precious 8lb baby Jesus has forsaken us and punished us for our many, many sins.  Baby Jesus has not decreed the end of our (shortened) season.

I'm talking about Stress.  I'm talking about disgusting, horrific Stress.  It's going to overtime tonite.  Because it must.

Double overtime, because if this season is going to end tonite it's going to end in the most painful way possible.

I'll say it again, how awesome would it be if that little tazmanian bastard skated out for the opening faceoff?  Do you know what Darren Helm would add to this equation? I don't. Because I can't remember the last time he played.

The musty old hall will be rocking.  Hopefully, if providence allows, we'll hear the echoes of  "You..Got...Kronwalled". My god that is a beautiful invention.

Something else, and I have to tell you this because I've sucked as a blogger for the entire year.  I've left the carrier Navy and moved on to the shooters, the small boys, the little ships who blast away.  Two weeks ago I took over as Command Master Chief of a Destroyer here in San Diego and the pace is...unbelievable.  That's why I've been largely absent except for the live blogs.  I don't see the work slowing down but I will maintain the blog the best I can.

It's a Live Blog bitches.  One shift, one beer at a time.

LGRW

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 20 21 22 23 24 >       Next »

Rumbear's avatar

I like how there is one girl with her hands up

Yur wimmens…they know this?

1-800-Rumbear….hello?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 05/10/13 at 11:26 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

“We moved the puck better, he (Colaiacovo) gave us an upgrade there.”

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/10/13 at 11:26 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I don’t know how I’m going to be able to relax and go to sleep, but guess I’ll stop babbling and sign off now.  Nite everyone.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 11:26 PM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

If we can just hold…out ...long…enough ....for Helm to return…...

Posted by The Hurricane on 05/10/13 at 11:27 PM ET

klank's avatar

Babs admitted sitting Eaves may not have been good move.  “..didnt think our 4th line was that good tonight.”

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/10/13 at 11:27 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 11:26 PM ET

that’s a couple of hours away for me !  smile

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/10/13 at 11:28 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Voox! My friend,get me a double of whatever this BoodRow guys is drinking!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 05/10/13 at 11:28 PM ET

monkey's avatar

And if there is anything you definitely wanna do going into a game 7, it’s blame your starting goaltender for a OT loss in the playoffs. Coaching at its finest

“I understand that Anaheim is the favorite and given how the regular season went that is to be expected.  But until proven otherwise I expect nothing good in the playoffs from any team coached by Bruce Boudreau.”
                                                      -me, April 29, 2013

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 11:30 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Rumbear and I just scored two tickets to game 7.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/10/13 at 11:30 PM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

I was bottom of last page so my question was probably missed, but can someone explain why they broke away to commercial with 1 minute gone in OT? I totally missed the goal.

Posted by The Hurricane on 05/10/13 at 11:30 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Tickets!  Game #7 with the Cap’n….Gonna be awesome!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 05/10/13 at 11:30 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Give ‘em hell, boys.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 11:31 PM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

Nice Captain and Rumbear…I see an opportunity for a DoucheCanoe poster!

Posted by The Hurricane on 05/10/13 at 11:32 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Well, Lil Gary has drones now….where do you live?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 05/10/13 at 11:32 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

I got laps to swim…..g’nite all.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 05/10/13 at 11:33 PM ET

calquake's avatar

-me, April 29, 2013

Are you from the future?

Posted by calquake on 05/10/13 at 11:33 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Rumbear and I just scored two tickets to game 7.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 05/10/13 at 11:30 PM ET

Tickets!  Game #7 with the Cap’n….Gonna be awesome!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, DuhUck hunting….whore style on 05/10/13 at 11:30 PM ET

sounds like a hot date!  wink

enjoy, and ...

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/10/13 at 11:34 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by The Hurricane on 05/10/13 at 11:30 PM ET

didn’t notice, actually.  was that NBC or FSD?  There aren’t supposed to be any TV commercial breaks in the OTs.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/10/13 at 11:34 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Are you from the future?

Aren’t we all?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 11:34 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Man… heck of game…

Posted by pgoody on 05/10/13 at 11:35 PM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

It was FSD Bill…

Posted by The Hurricane on 05/10/13 at 11:36 PM ET

monkey's avatar

It was FSD Bill…

Probably some rookie mistake. They never should have fired Murphy.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 11:36 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Are you from the future?

Aren’t we all?

Do we know this?

Posted by calquake on 05/10/13 at 11:36 PM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

Probably some rookie mistake. They never should have fired Murphy.

truth

Posted by The Hurricane on 05/10/13 at 11:37 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Are you from the future?
Aren’t we all?
Do we know this?
Posted by calquake on 05/10/13 at 11:36 PM ET

You will.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/10/13 at 11:37 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Do we know this?

How could we not?  The present is a myth. There is only the past and the future.  We have to be from one, so it’s at worst a 50-50 shot.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 11:38 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Are you from the future?
  Aren’t we all?
  Do we know this?
  Posted by calquake on 05/10/13 at 11:36 PM ET

You will.

You don’t listen to Alex Jones do you?

Posted by calquake on 05/10/13 at 11:38 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Tickets!  Game #7 with the Cap’n….Gonna be awesome!

Color me a jealous bitch

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/10/13 at 11:38 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Hotpockets Boudreau tossing his goaltender under the bus and starting to whine like a turbine.

In the immortal words of Jim Schoenfeld—have another donut you fat pig!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/10/13 at 11:38 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Hotpockets

Did I eat it or rub it on my face?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 11:40 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Hotpockets

Did I eat it or rub it on my face?

The dreaded Hotpockets facial—an outtake from HBO 24/7?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/10/13 at 11:42 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I just rewound the dvr to watch the goal again and ducks announcer Brian Hayward actually said “And Henrik Zetterberg has tied this game up,” on the game winner in overtime.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/10/13 at 11:43 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Remember the kid who always sat in the “dumb row” in school?  Who knew he’d ever get a job broadcasting a professional sport?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/10/13 at 11:44 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Sunday evening is gonna be a helluva ride.  Strap in, let go, be a fan.  Whatever happens is whatever happens, I’m happy with this year’s results.  Seriously… where would the Wings be if they had Helm and Der Kaiser?

Posted by calquake on 05/10/13 at 11:45 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Seriously… where would the Wings be if they had Helm and Der Kaiser?

DellQuasar for the win!

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 11:46 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

You don’t listen to Alex Jones do you?
Posted by calquake on 05/10/13 at 11:38 PM ET

Nah, the world could use a new order.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/10/13 at 11:46 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Seriously… where would the Wings be if they had Helm and Der Kaiser?
Posted by calquake on 05/10/13 at 11:45 PM ET

Already resting up to play the chickenhawks

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/10/13 at 11:47 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Nitall. Sunday. Book it. Captian and Rummy. The dynamic duo.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/10/13 at 11:47 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Nah, the world could use a new order.

Would you like fries with that?

Posted by calquake on 05/10/13 at 11:48 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

NOW I need to go outside and do that 5 mile bike ride Dennis advised me to.  That was obviously the best call and I ignored it.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/10/13 at 11:49 PM ET