Abel to Yzerman

The Wings Have Turned The Minutes To Hours

And I have no idea where the love of god has gone.  No, that's not pessimism talking. That's not me saying that adorable cherub, that drooling, babbling bundle of baby fat and joy, our precious 8lb baby Jesus has forsaken us and punished us for our many, many sins.  Baby Jesus has not decreed the end of our (shortened) season.

I'm talking about Stress.  I'm talking about disgusting, horrific Stress.  It's going to overtime tonite.  Because it must.

Double overtime, because if this season is going to end tonite it's going to end in the most painful way possible.

I'll say it again, how awesome would it be if that little tazmanian bastard skated out for the opening faceoff?  Do you know what Darren Helm would add to this equation? I don't. Because I can't remember the last time he played.

The musty old hall will be rocking.  Hopefully, if providence allows, we'll hear the echoes of  "You..Got...Kronwalled". My god that is a beautiful invention.

Something else, and I have to tell you this because I've sucked as a blogger for the entire year.  I've left the carrier Navy and moved on to the shooters, the small boys, the little ships who blast away.  Two weeks ago I took over as Command Master Chief of a Destroyer here in San Diego and the pace is...unbelievable.  That's why I've been largely absent except for the live blogs.  I don't see the work slowing down but I will maintain the blog the best I can.

It's a Live Blog bitches.  One shift, one beer at a time.

LGRW

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 19 20 21 22 23 >  Last ›      Next »

RWBill's avatar

You have chosen to ignore comments from this member.

....and you, you can kiss my ass!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, DuhUck hunting….whore style on 05/10/13 at 10:58 PM ET

this works really well.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/10/13 at 11:05 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Pleasure watching this clusterfuch with you bitches

it was never in doubt smile

Posted by Hootinani on 05/10/13 at 11:05 PM ET

monkey's avatar

it was never in doubt

By the believers, that is.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 11:06 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Etem will get the winner. That dude has had our number all series.
What? You’re upset I picked a duh uck? Well, picking a Red Wing hasn’t helped. It’s reverse superstition, bitches.
Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 05/10/13 at 10:50 PM ET

Reverse superstition FTW, bitches!

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/10/13 at 11:06 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Why Cola out?  I thought he had a good game.  I was watching him carefully for the 2 1/2 periods or whatever I saw total.  He did good work in his own zone.

Posted by Primis on 05/10/13 at 11:05 PM ET

AND he successfully avoided the DL tonight so bonus!

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/10/13 at 11:07 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by Primis on 05/10/13 at 11:05 PM ET

Yeah I don’t see Lashoff coming back in.  We’d have won this series already if we could eliminate the errors and turnovers.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/10/13 at 11:07 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

this works really well.

Who? wink

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 05/10/13 at 11:07 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Paul Woods just said that Game 7 will be Jimmah’s 21st consecutive start.  That’s nuts.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 11:07 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Etem will get the winner. That dude has had our number all series.

Reverse superstition FTW, bitches!

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 05/10/13 at 11:06 PM ET

Go reverse bitch!

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 05/10/13 at 11:08 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

it was never in doubt

By the believers, that is.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 11:06 PM ET

Somehow that had about as much to do with it as Jesus and the Dinosaurs, but I believed.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/10/13 at 11:09 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 11:07 PM ET

No, that’s a $5m goaltender.

Posted by Primis on 05/10/13 at 11:09 PM ET

monkey's avatar

If I know Babcock, McCollum will start.  Give the kid some experience.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 11:09 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Jesus and the Dinosaurs for everyone!

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 11:10 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

This team’s D stinks out loud. One more win and then rerack. On to 12.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 05/10/13 at 11:10 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Who is Paul Woods? What does Zbignew Hufflebrink say?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 05/10/13 at 11:11 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

see ya Sunday, 19.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/10/13 at 11:11 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Jesus and the Dinosaurs,

My favorite punk band.

Posted by calquake on 05/10/13 at 11:11 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Rummy, 2 in sect 441, upper bowl where wings shoot twice $50 each, you in?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/10/13 at 11:11 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/10/13 at 11:13 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Rummy, 2 in sect 441, upper bowl where wings shoot twice $50 each, you in?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 05/10/13 at 11:11 PM ET

Hit me. Ima in.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 05/10/13 at 11:13 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

If I know Babcock, McCollum will start.  Give the kid some experience.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 11:09 PM ET

LOL

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 11:13 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

it was never in doubt

By the believers, that is.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 11:06 PM ET

Funny you said that cuz I’m wearing my Believe shirt circa 1998.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/10/13 at 11:13 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Z comes to the rescue once again in an elimination game. Mandingo give p goody the rest of those pain pills. That time of the month eh? I have never in my life saw someone so pissed after an ot win. Relax dude.

Until Sunday at 10;pm ahhhh the playoffs. You gotta love it. Got all summer to sleep I guess.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 05/10/13 at 11:14 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Funny you said that cuz I’m wearing my Believe shirt circa 1998.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/10/13 at 11:13 PM ET

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/10/13 at 11:14 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/10/13 at 11:13 PM ET

I like how there is one girl with her hands up and everyone else is frozen.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 11:15 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Boudreau saying both of Z’s goals were “savable” goals.  Blaming Hiller.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 11:15 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

If I know Babcock, McCollum will start.  Give the kid some experience.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 11:09 PM ET

LOL

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 11:13 PM ET

Hah!  Maybe we can get Tater back in to the mix…...

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 05/10/13 at 11:15 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

So I just got cut at work. Was listening to the game with my headphones and when Z scored I threw a full plate of food across the kitchen where it shattered and splattered against the wall. Worth it.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 05/10/13 at 11:17 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Boudreau whining about not getting a PP.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 11:18 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Boudreau saying both of Z’s goals were “savable” goals.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 11:15 PM ET

Apparently not cuz Zetterberg scored.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/10/13 at 11:18 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Rummy grab your cell phone

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/10/13 at 11:18 PM ET

monkey's avatar

That was only Zetterberg’s eighth game winning goal in the post season.  Not exactly Johan Franzen, but he’s getting there.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 11:19 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Priorities in order.  Good to hear.  Don’t take gruff from those swine.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 11:20 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Posted by Yzersyuk on 05/10/13 at 11:17 PM ET

Seriously?  Wow.  That’s taking one for the team.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 11:20 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

“Could you talk about the impact Justin Abdelkader had ?”

Boudreau-

“What do you want me to say?  He’s a good player.  They’re in the blue paint all night long.  We’ve been told if we cross check or move them it’s going to be called a penalty.  Hiller didn’t see 2 or 3 of their goals.”

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/10/13 at 11:22 PM ET

monkey's avatar

“What do you want me to say?  He’s a good player.  They’re in the blue paint all night long.  We’ve been told if we cross check or move them it’s going to be called a penalty. Hiller didn’t see 2 or 3 of their goals.”

On what planet?  Does this actually happen now?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 11:23 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

“We’ve said all along the shorter we make the series the better for us.  It’s real short now.” - Babs.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/10/13 at 11:24 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/10/13 at 11:13 PM ET

I like how there is one girl with her hands up and everyone else is frozen.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 11:15 PM ET

I thought you were talking about the dude over on the aisle.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/10/13 at 11:25 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Boudreau saying both of Z’s goals were “savable” goals.  Blaming Hiller.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 11:15 PM ET

And if there is anything you definitely wanna do going into a game 7, it’s blame your starting goaltender for a OT loss in the playoffs. Coaching at its finest rolleyes

I smell a win…......or Hot Pockets.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 05/10/13 at 11:25 PM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

Can someone explain why they went to a commercial 1 minute into OT? I went to take a leak and missed the goal…weirdest end to a game ever!

Posted by The Hurricane on 05/10/13 at 11:25 PM ET