Abel to Yzerman

The Wings Have Turned The Minutes To Hours

And I have no idea where the love of god has gone.  No, that's not pessimism talking. That's not me saying that adorable cherub, that drooling, babbling bundle of baby fat and joy, our precious 8lb baby Jesus has forsaken us and punished us for our many, many sins.  Baby Jesus has not decreed the end of our (shortened) season.

I'm talking about Stress.  I'm talking about disgusting, horrific Stress.  It's going to overtime tonite.  Because it must.

Double overtime, because if this season is going to end tonite it's going to end in the most painful way possible.

I'll say it again, how awesome would it be if that little tazmanian bastard skated out for the opening faceoff?  Do you know what Darren Helm would add to this equation? I don't. Because I can't remember the last time he played.

The musty old hall will be rocking.  Hopefully, if providence allows, we'll hear the echoes of  "You..Got...Kronwalled". My god that is a beautiful invention.

Something else, and I have to tell you this because I've sucked as a blogger for the entire year.  I've left the carrier Navy and moved on to the shooters, the small boys, the little ships who blast away.  Two weeks ago I took over as Command Master Chief of a Destroyer here in San Diego and the pace is...unbelievable.  That's why I've been largely absent except for the live blogs.  I don't see the work slowing down but I will maintain the blog the best I can.

It's a Live Blog bitches.  One shift, one beer at a time.

LGRW

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

RWBill's avatar

Double overtime, because if this season is going to end tonite it’s going to end in the most painful way possible.

You bastard, I hate when you’re right in a depressing, kick in the gonads kind of way.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/10/13 at 06:50 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

LGRW!

I’ll be watching on DVR delay tonight.  I’m stressing already!

Congratulations Master Chief!

Voox, please make it a double vodka and then knock me out.

RSV!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 05/10/13 at 06:51 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Command Master Chief of a Destroyer

Jesus Lashoff, what could be a better job title?

(Maybe “Kirk Maltby, 4 time owner of the Stanley Cup”, but that’s beyond our reach.)

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/10/13 at 06:53 PM ET

I’ve left the carrier Navy and moved on to the shooters, the small boys, the little ships who blast away.  Two weeks ago I took over as Command Master Chief of a Destroyer here in San Diego and the pace is…unbelievable.

God bless the Shooters, Master Chief.  Tipping the pint of Guinness to you, Sir.

Let’s just fuching play.  We win, there will be a Game Seven.  We don’t, a pox on the shitacular DuhUcks and their scrotum jockey, Dorey Fairy.

LGRW.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/10/13 at 06:53 PM ET

gowings's avatar

I love your work. Keep it up:)

I am sitting at a Mtl pub with my computer along with my friends with our Wings jersey…we are not getting great service (understandably, we are cheering for the wrong team…and the Canadians got eliminated last night) but hey….they need our money!!!

Please let us not share the same faith as the Canadians…...let us see game 7

Amen

Posted by gowings from MTL on 05/10/13 at 06:55 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

If it’s 1555 on the Left Coast the Officers and Senior NCOs are lining up for Happy Hour and Swabbies are just getting jacked up to go get their drunk on in America’s Best City.  You could have a long night outside the Wings game.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/10/13 at 06:55 PM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

He’s invoked Lightfoot.
Dear God, the Chief has gone straight to DEFCON 5.

(covers eyes and returns to fetal position in the Hasek)

Posted by The Hurricane on 05/10/13 at 06:55 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Hey gowings can I add you to our worldwide Abel to Yzerman Band of Bitches map?

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/10/13 at 06:56 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Could you lend that destroyer to the Wings tonight, Master Chief?  Many congrats to you, sir.

For the love of helm, LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 06:58 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Congrats on the new command Chief… that’s fkn awesome sir.
Just the term Destroyer in and of itself is just bad ass.
One shift at a time and the most important one is the next one. Time to go all in or go home…
LGRW.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/10/13 at 07:02 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Command Master Chief of a Destroyer

awesome! and a well deserved promotion, i’m sure.

Thank You!, for your service, Chief.

... um, may we still call you just “Chief”? our Chief?

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/10/13 at 07:02 PM ET

Surfer Ken's avatar

Even if we go down tonight, we will never lose our swagger.

*#$%@& THE DUCKS AND THEIR LAME ASS FANS.

Posted by Surfer Ken from San Clemente on 05/10/13 at 07:02 PM ET

gowings's avatar

“Hey gowings can I add you to our worldwide Abel to Yzerman Band of Bitches map?”

Of course you may:)

Posted by gowings from MTL on 05/10/13 at 07:03 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

gowings we really need you to fill in that part of Canada, eh?  across the north it would go from “whore style” to you in Montreal.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/10/13 at 07:03 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

um, may we still call you just “Chief”?

Yes please. I didn’t get promoted to pharmacist, after all.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/10/13 at 07:04 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

209 row 6 seat 10 thrill me red wings

Posted by Rdwings28 on 05/10/13 at 07:05 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

awesome, gowings,  and by the way, “Evening Bitches” !

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/10/13 at 07:08 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

209 row 6 seat 10 thrill me red wings

Posted by Rdwings28 on 05/10/13 at 07:05 PM ET

Do us proud and as Pee-Wee Herman would say:  Scream real loud!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 07:12 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

209 row 6 seat 10 thrill me red wings

Posted by Rdwings28 on 05/10/13 at 07:05 PM ET

I see you there!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/10/13 at 07:12 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Jesus Lashoff, isn’t it 8 o’clock YYYEEETTT?

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 07:13 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

um, may we still call you just “Chief”?

Yes please. I didn’t get promoted to pharmacist, after all.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/10/13 at 07:04 PM ET

at least, not yet

wink

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/10/13 at 07:14 PM ET

Tony Perkis's avatar

I made sure to buy enough brew for many OTs. Just took my last final exam for my major, so I’m getting sloppy tonight. Feeling good about tonight, cooking up Ducks from SoCal tonight.

Posted by Tony Perkis from Drinking at Robert's Lounge with Billy Batts on 05/10/13 at 07:17 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Holy balls chief.  That is frigging epic.  For those of you that haven’t spent any time on a navy ship, I’m guessing you can’t fully appreciate the level of absolute bad-assery that comes with the title of CMC.  Seriously Bill, all juvenilishisness aside, that’s frigging awesome.  Congrats, and thank you, for both your service and the blog.

Now back to your regularly scheduled rampant douche-baggery.

You - Got - Kronwalled - clap, clap-clapclapclap.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 05/10/13 at 07:17 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

I wont be able to watch it live tonight, but Im setting up my stream and pausing it, so I can watch the whole game whitout any spoilers

Hopefuly I can watch the next Wings playoff game this year, yet!

Lets kick some quack butt!

Posted by Zqto on 05/10/13 at 07:18 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Two weeks ago I took over as Command Master Chief of a Destroyer here in San Diego and the pace is…unbelievable.  That’s why I’ve been largely absent except for the live blogs.  I don’t see the work slowing down but I will maintain the blog the best I can.
It’s a Live Blog bitches.  One shift, one beer at a time.

Congratulations, Chief. I’m sure it has taken an incredible amount of hardwork and dedication to get there. Considering how many enlisted men there have been in the Navy since you signed up compared to the number of those sailors that made Command Master Chief over that same time period, I bet your accomplishment is roughly the equivalent of being promoted to Captain of an NHL team. Well done, Sir.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/10/13 at 07:21 PM ET

Tony Perkis's avatar

Yes congrats Chief. Much respect for all military service, but CMC is very impressive. Deuce is right, very bad-assery. I’m sure that required a lot of work and dedication. Congrats again, we all appreciate your work.
And the people who don’t appreciate the work of the military can *#$%@& off, great job Chief.

Posted by Tony Perkis from Drinking at Robert's Lounge with Billy Batts on 05/10/13 at 07:28 PM ET

monkey's avatar

With all the whiz bang technology available via the internet I cannot find any good way to determine what was the earliest posting of the words “kronwalled” and “kronwalling”.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 07:30 PM ET

Cheer for me guys, gotta wait to see the score as I’m flying. Hope to see one more…  Just one more

Posted by neffernin on 05/10/13 at 07:31 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Congrats Chief!

Now if the Wings lo….los…...don’t make it to game 7, please steam that puppy north and shell the Pond.

Posted by Hootinani on 05/10/13 at 07:31 PM ET

Tony Perkis's avatar

I also used to be confused why everyone called you Chief. I get it now. Forgive me, I’m Polish and often drunk.

“You’re not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.”

Not there yet.

Posted by Tony Perkis from Drinking at Robert's Lounge with Billy Batts on 05/10/13 at 07:33 PM ET

gowings's avatar

wow….the TSN panel is basically saying that the Wings are down..mainly because of our Captain…as per Craig Button and Aaron Ward, if he does not elevate his game, the Wings are done….

Well….last time I check…he did a great job just to get us in the playoffs…

Anyway, got to close the computer…not enough room on the table with all the alcohol….

Bonne chance a tous! On lâche pas!!!!!

Posted by gowings from MTL on 05/10/13 at 07:35 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

Thanks bill. 19+

Posted by Rdwings28 on 05/10/13 at 07:36 PM ET

klank's avatar

salute to you, Chief

one shift, one goal, one period.  beat dah dirtybirds!

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/10/13 at 07:36 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 07:30 PM ET

January 12, 1981.

The first victim was his mother’s obstetrician..

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/10/13 at 07:36 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/10/13 at 07:30 PM ET

it was about the time this took place ...

scroll done to the “Kronwalled” section:

” ... Kronwall has developed a reputation as one of the stronger hitters in the league. Fans refer to the frequently devastating hits as being “Kronwalled.” The most famous incident stems from the 2009 Western Conference Finals when Kronwall delivered a strong finishing check to Chicago Blackhawks forward Martin Havlat which rendered Havlat unconscious. Though he was penalized on ice, no supplemental discipline was issued. ... “

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/10/13 at 07:37 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

The first victim was his mother’s obstetrician..

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 05/10/13 at 07:36 PM ET

Believe it or not, he still walks with a limp

Posted by Hootinani on 05/10/13 at 07:38 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Hail to the Chief!  Somehow, in my head, I hear it sung by Lightfoot and played by Seger.  Congratulations Bill on a well deserved appointment.  Does this mean more or less chance of being put out to sea for long engagements?

Posted by calquake on 05/10/13 at 07:39 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

It’s a Live Blog bitches.  One shift, one beer at a time.

LGRW

Congratulations Command Master Chief!

Let’s Roll. Destroyer-style.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/10/13 at 07:41 PM ET

Kronwalled.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/10/13 at 07:41 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

He’s invoked Lightfoot.
Dear God, the Chief has gone straight to DEFCON 5.

(covers eyes and returns to fetal position in the Hasek)

Posted by The Hurricane on 05/10/13 at 06:55 PM ET

Isnt DEFCON 1 the worst???

Posted by pgoody on 05/10/13 at 07:42 PM ET