Abel to Yzerman

The West Is On Fire

And it's burning to the tune of "Chelsea Dagger."

I'd love to tell the naysayers to suck it, but I'd be telling myself to suck it and that's just awkward.

This is absolutely insane.  Discuss as you see fit and I'm sure George will be right behind me with a 5000 word recap that he'll call "quick".  All I can possibly type at this point is that, once again, this is the postseason none of us ever saw coming, but--because of who we are (Red Wing fans)--it's the one we deserve.

LGRW.  9 to 12 and 5 until this conference is burned to the ground once and for all by the team that kept it afloat and ruled it for twenty years.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 >       Next »

MsRedWinger's avatar

Twittered by Dan McNeil approx 4 hrs ago:

To all my “fans” in #RedWings country: Enjoy your dinner. It’s comin’ back up later when the hammer gets back to being the hammer.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/23/13 at 11:10 PM ET

He did NOT really tweet that - did he?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/23/13 at 10:16 PM ET

VooX's avatar

From the LB:

Babs “Howie played well, we pay him to play well and expect him to do that.”
Our intern tells it like it is.
Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/23/13 at 11:15 PM ET

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/23/13 at 10:16 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

boo my presser feed went

Posted by pgoody on 05/23/13 at 10:16 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

That’s a fact Jack. I hate any one thing having sway,  over my emotions or mental state. But it’s who we are
Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/23/13 at 11:15 PM ET

It really is.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/23/13 at 10:17 PM ET

monkey's avatar

And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting—on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.…

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/23/13 at 10:18 PM ET

monkey's avatar

He did NOT really tweet that - did he?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh yes he did.  A few minutes ago he said his dinner was “crummy”.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/23/13 at 10:19 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

How does breathing work again? In-out, in-out?

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/23/13 at 10:19 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I like our intern!

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/23/13 at 10:19 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Oh yes he did.  A few minutes ago he said his dinner was “crummy”.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/23/13 at 11:19 PM ET

Poor Schmuck.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/23/13 at 10:20 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

But our trip was different. It was to be a classic affirmation of everything right and true in the national character. A gross physical salute to the fantastic possibilities of life in this country. But only for those with true grit.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 05/23/13 at 10:20 PM ET

monkey's avatar

How does breathing work again? In-out, in-out?

You practicing Lamaze?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/23/13 at 10:20 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

How does breathing work again? In-out, in-out?

You practicing Lamaze?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/23/13 at 11:20 PM ET

Then you push. Hard!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/23/13 at 10:22 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run… but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant.…

History is hard to know, because of all the hired bullshit, but even without being sure of “history” it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash, for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/23/13 at 10:22 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

pay very close attention…

the three Adams award nominees…

Boudreau
Quenneville
Maclean

Babcock already outcoached Boudreau and is outcoaching Quenneville.

sadly, it doesn’t look like he’ll get the chance to outcoach MacLean in the SCF…

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 10:22 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/23/13 at 11:22 PM ET

Those fuching bats.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/23/13 at 10:23 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

Freep gets it right

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 10:25 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Babs “Howie played well, we pay him to play well and expect him to do that.”
Our intern tells it like it is.

Cant’ be.  I was sure money didn’t factor in player expectation.  They’re all people.  Participation awards for EVERYONE smilesmile:)

/puke

King James was epic and definitely earned his check and WORKED his ass of.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/23/13 at 10:25 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Well why not? Shit if it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right! This is the American Dream in action. We’d be fools not to ride this strange torpedo all the way to the end!

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 05/23/13 at 10:26 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

Howard has a .977 save % in the last 3 games

TELL ME HE’S NOT WORTH $5 MILLION SO I CAN SLAP YOU WITH HIS DONG.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 10:26 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

You practicing Lamaze?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/23/13 at 11:20 PM ET

As crazy and unpredictable as this post-season has been, it would not surprise me at all if I gave birth tonight.

And I’m a guy. And I really like women.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/23/13 at 10:27 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

I have this queasy feeling every once in a while that our fate is tied to Pittsburgh. I mean. Look at the history and look at the present. It’s creepy.

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/23/13 at 10:28 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only real cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas. To relax, as it were, in the womb of the desert sun. Just roll the roof back and screw it on, grease the face with white tanning butter and move out with the music at top volume, and at least a pint of ether.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/23/13 at 10:29 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

thought I’d add a little to that Freep image…

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 10:31 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

lmao, LOVE Torts “Kiss my ass”

Fuchin’ love it.  Guy always owns his shit, ALWAYS holds himself accountable for his decisions.  Too bad that’s frowned upon and holding the players who play FOR you is frowned upon.

As far as the Wings.

Completely agree with Babs, we could’ve been better, but sometimes you just gotta get it done and that’s exactly what they did.

In the third I dont’ know how many times I saw a pass go to no one because the guy who was supposed to be there was half-assing it or pucks thrown in front of the net only to have whoever was supposed to be there coasting into the zone instead of skating.

But like I said, we got it done and they’ve left a good amount on the ice, enough to win.  But we can be better, for sure.  We HAVE been better.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/23/13 at 10:31 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Whore mouth.  But, it’s one game at a time.  Look so far we should not.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/23/13 at 10:31 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Night all. Saturday.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/23/13 at 10:31 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

Freep gets it right

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach

This is now, my new facebook cover
It fits perfectly…  Coincidence?  =D

Posted by Zqto on 05/23/13 at 10:32 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 11:25 PM ET

That is some beautiful stuff right there

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/23/13 at 10:32 PM ET

monkey's avatar

The Blackhawks were shut out for the first time all season

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/23/13 at 10:35 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Thursday’s loss also marked the first time all season the Blackhawks lost three consecutive games.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/23/13 at 10:36 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

The Blackhawks were shut out for the first time all season

Posted by

monkey

from Finland on 05/23/13 at 11:35 PM ET

In a game where “If there ever was a must win” - Keith, you piece of shit.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/23/13 at 10:36 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Significant point, this was far from our best game, the Hawks have played two of their best games and lost both.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/23/13 at 10:36 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Awesome Dan McNeil reference found here:

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/23/13 at 10:39 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Wowowowowowow. I can barely talk. What a win!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 05/23/13 at 10:39 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Mike Babcock is now first among active coaches with 78 postseason wins.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/23/13 at 10:40 PM ET

....a contrast of captains…...

.........hi, my name is jonathan toews ....as in braves…as in fighting sioux…...i was the third player picked in my draft…...i am captain of the chicago blackhawks…..almost younger than stevie y…..i expect to have a good game every game…...the league adores me…..the refs like my style….............i like it here…....

.....hello, i’m henrik zetterberg…....captain of the detroit red wings…....it is a great honor to be the captain, since my country’s greatest player was one of the storied captains….....and…......... it’s the wings…..who would not feel his life improved, by being able to wear the wheel ???........that, or shortstop on the tigers…...i was picked at #210 in my draft….......the wings passed me over six or seven times, too…..but…...it’s the wings…...

.....coach mike babcock was quoted as saying…......” when we play like we should…...show up on time….....we’re like a super studded flying snowtire from hell….”

Posted by dingus from the salty great lake on 05/23/13 at 10:41 PM ET

Oh yes he did.  A few minutes ago he said his dinner was “crummy”.

Nobody enjoys eating crow.

Posted by Garth on 05/23/13 at 10:43 PM ET

The Blackhawks were shut out for the first time all season

First three game losing streak too.

Seems like this streak is a lot more significant than that other streak they had…

Posted by Garth on 05/23/13 at 10:45 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

I have one simple question.

how in the hell am I supposed to SLEEP now?!

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 10:45 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/23/13 at 11:15 PM ET

... I thought it was just me ...

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/23/13 at 10:45 PM ET

« Previous        < 1 2 3 >       Next »