Abel to Yzerman

The West Is On Fire

And it's burning to the tune of "Chelsea Dagger."

I'd love to tell the naysayers to suck it, but I'd be telling myself to suck it and that's just awkward.

This is absolutely insane.  Discuss as you see fit and I'm sure George will be right behind me with a 5000 word recap that he'll call "quick".  All I can possibly type at this point is that, once again, this is the postseason none of us ever saw coming, but--because of who we are (Red Wing fans)--it's the one we deserve.

LGRW.  9 to 12 and 5 until this conference is burned to the ground once and for all by the team that kept it afloat and ruled it for twenty years.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >       Next »

MsRedWinger's avatar

Yeah, Chief.  It’s burning.

Burn.This.Conference.Down.

One more and little Punky Toes is gone.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/23/13 at 10:57 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Beautifully said. I woke my ass up at 8am to watch this in the Philippines after 22 hours of flying. So glad it was the magnificent work of art I wanted it to be. James with the shutout. Team defense functioning at a high level. I’m so fuching happy right now.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/23/13 at 10:59 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

JLA playing “The Night Chicago Died”

A little premature, scoreboard wise, but Toews’ soul has been crushed.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/23/13 at 10:59 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/23/13 at 11:00 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

From the Peleton of Suck to the precipice of the WCF.

Go figure.

LGRW

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/23/13 at 11:00 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

I got two words (ish), and this man knows them well-

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 05/23/13 at 11:00 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Posted by pgoody on 05/23/13 at 11:01 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/23/13 at 11:00 PM ET

Ha, The Emperor with the ultimate burn.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 05/23/13 at 11:01 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/23/13 at 10:59 PM ET

Plus +19

Pimps will ask you there if you want a nice girl.  If you say no, they’ll ask if you want a nice boy.

That is a long ass trip!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/23/13 at 11:02 PM ET

MarkK's avatar

Toews looked so…... childish. Could anyone here imagine any captain wearing the winged wheel throwing such hissy fits?

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 05/23/13 at 11:03 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/23/13 at 11:00 PM ET

Love the way that nail just keeps getting up over and over and over.

I am so proud of our team.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/23/13 at 11:03 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Pimps will ask you there if you want a nice girl.

I have some stories. You know my first duty station in this great Navy was in the PI?  How I survived that (with an allergy to penicillin) remains a mystery.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/23/13 at 11:04 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

We must stop giving up the stretch pass breakaway on our goalie.

Jeezo .  Kindl and Coli almost gave up the farm late in the game.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/23/13 at 11:04 PM ET

monkey's avatar

*#$%@& A RIGHT, MAN

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/23/13 at 11:04 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/23/13 at 11:00 PM ET

Me likey, Paul.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/23/13 at 11:05 PM ET

Bent's avatar

It hit a high of 45 degrees here in the UP today.  I was outside for a burial service, and this evening I had golf league.  I froze various parts of my body.  I came down with a head cold and am so stuffed up and I feel like shit.  And I’m still cold.

And I couldn’t be happier.  Funny chief, you talk about how the Wings game influences your mood.  I always know it did mine too.  I guess I never realized it was the sole deciding factor.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 05/23/13 at 11:06 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Pimps will ask you there if you want a nice girl.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/23/13 at 11:04 PM ET

Sure there are many stories.  Some may not even be suitable for The 19.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/23/13 at 11:06 PM ET

monkey's avatar

In case anyone was wondering, it’s on now.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/23/13 at 11:07 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

I’m telling you, Bent.  It’s an issue.  I’m not proud of it, but fuch it.  It’s who I (we) am (are).

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/23/13 at 11:07 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

In case anyone was wondering, it’s on now.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/23/13 at 11:07 PM ET

Just about, I’d say.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/23/13 at 11:08 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

the Wings held onto a 1-0 lead.  what universe did I wake up in?  this must be the one where…

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 11:08 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

In case anyone was wondering, it’s on now.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/23/13 at 11:07 PM ET

Oh. It most definitely is.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/23/13 at 11:08 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/23/13 at 11:00 PM ET

Awesome.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 05/23/13 at 11:08 PM ET

Burn the West down Bitches!

We own Q.  We should have expected it.  Of course, Q not giving Howard credit on the post game.

Posted by Jeff from CO. on 05/23/13 at 11:09 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/23/13 at 11:07 PM ET

I have embraced this since I hit 2 digits.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/23/13 at 11:10 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

We own Q.  We should have expected it.

Yes we do. It was about midway through the second, though, that I remembered there’s a sick genius in that organization. I kept expecting to see Q fired on the spot and Scott Bowman take his place.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/23/13 at 11:10 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Twittered by Dan McNeil approx 4 hrs ago:

To all my “fans” in #RedWings country: Enjoy your dinner. It’s comin’ back up later when the hammer gets back to being the hammer.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/23/13 at 11:10 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

the crazy thing is, I was never scared.  somehow I just knew, through that whole third period, that they’d pull it off.  there’s just something about this team.  Identity^19

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 11:10 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

God they ask stupid questions.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/23/13 at 11:11 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Twittered by Dan McNeil approx 4 hrs ago:

Interesting. Do you think he knows it’s on now?

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/23/13 at 11:11 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Interesting. Do you think he knows it’s on now?

Who knows, my man, who knows.  He’s trying to build a wall but all he has is a pile of lumber.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/23/13 at 11:12 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

God they ask stupid questions.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/23/13 at 11:11 PM ET

And more of the same.  Geezus let Jimmy take a shower.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/23/13 at 11:13 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Babs should really start bringin his own water to the pressers I dont like that he goes right for the sketchy Dasani just sitting there

Posted by pgoody on 05/23/13 at 11:13 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

The level of arrogance on this Hawks team makes me giggle…  They cannot be THAT stupid, right?  Right???

Posted by Zqto on 05/23/13 at 11:13 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

waiting for the postgame presser to start on NHL.com and it kept looping this…

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 11:13 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

Babcock actually saying the Wings could have been better.

never arrogant.  never haughty.  never overconfident.

Q could learn a thing or two…

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 11:14 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/23/13 at 11:07 PM ET

That’s a fact Jack. I hate any one thing having sway,  over my emotions or mental state. But it’s who we are and what we do.

Wingaholics. Every single one of us.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/23/13 at 11:15 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

They got behind our D a few times and Jimmy came up big.  -  Babs.

Understatement.  Gotta tighten up those breakaways.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/23/13 at 11:15 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 05/23/13 at 11:15 PM ET

1 2 3 >       Next »