Abel to Yzerman

The Rhythm Method Never Works and You Shouldn’t Have Tried It.

It's been a long, long day.  Torturous.  I tried to give you advice this morning. But you didn't take it. Not a single one of you listened.  Instead you opted to obsess.  You chose to fret and worry, and you probably ruined a whole bunch of Mother's Days.  19 pretty maids all in a row, waiting for you to pamper them.  And all you could do was stress about...you know.

I like this team.  We all do. They've grown on us and they've done more than we could have seriously expected.  It's been a bonanza, a bountiful bouncing April and May baby that you didn't expect.  You thought you took all the precautions, but this one time, this one silly time, the cheap-ass thing broke.  We didn't expect this but here we are, and I'll be damned if we don't love this baby just like the other 21.

And we've learned from the others.  We cut this one a bit more slack. We temper our expectations for their sake and for ours. But when they succeed, even slightly, we start to think maybe they'll be just as awesome as three or four of their older siblings.

But this baby's still a toddler, mostly toothless.  He takes a few steps forward and you're thinking you'd better start putting the expensive shit away, out of reach, because he's got the skills to start breaking things.  Then he falls and you almost breathe a sight of relief. Too much. Too soon.

But you see it.  You've seen it before and you know the signs. This one's got something.  He does.  The unexpected ones always do.  They bring you a kind of joy you didn't anticipate and so everything is new again.

Put the binkies in, boys.  Put 'em in. Keep 'em in and piss all over yourselves if you have to. If that's what it takes.

It's a Game Seven Live Blog, bitches.  We like this team. We dig these kids.  And we've all got a feeling.  This baby just may have legs.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »

RWBill's avatar

Detroit Starting line up

Cleary
Zetterberg
Filppula

Says ken kal

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/12/13 at 09:04 PM ET

klank's avatar

Reddit thread where found VLC link

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/12/13 at 09:05 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

Is NBSHIT late?

Maybe they will wait for the last 6min of BOS x TOR?

I mean, I can see Gary.Ass smiling, making the 10:00 game delay a bit…  Freaking moron!

Posted by Zqto on 05/12/13 at 09:05 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

NHLN better have the Game.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/12/13 at 09:05 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/12/13 at 10:04 PM ET

Nothing makes sense anymore.  RSV.

Just win.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/12/13 at 09:06 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

I think I’m going to be sick.

God, I hate Game 7s.

I can’t argue with a single word of this, but just a couple weeks ago there were so many gleefully writing the Wings’ obituary.

So once more we descend into the pit, but damned if I’m not fired up at what this team has a chance to do this time.  Every game this team wins takes another chunk out of the haters who just can’t wait for this team to fail, and that my friends is a beautiful thing.

Come on Red Wings, finish these punks!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/12/13 at 09:06 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

AHHHHHHHH
It started…  NCSHIT broadcast for the Wings feed, on gamecenter

Im gonna puke a bit, see you guys later

Posted by Zqto on 05/12/13 at 09:06 PM ET

peiz11's avatar

Even if they wait till after the other game we would miss like a minute but its inexcusable for the NHL to be so stupid not to even mention there’s a game coming up and where to see it. I swear this league is run by 5 year olds.

Posted by peiz11 from Minneapolis on 05/12/13 at 09:06 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

I will take a shot of starting fluid if it means we get going on time, VooX.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/12/13 at 09:06 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

I should not have had enchiladas for dinner.  It only gave my stomach fuel to churn.

Posted by Hootinani on 05/12/13 at 09:07 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Check my link at the bottom of last page, MO.  HD and Wings together on your screen.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/12/13 at 09:07 PM ET

As if it’s not enough the game is on at 10 o’clock in certain places, the NHL can’t even schedule a Game 7 at a time that doesn’t conflict with another game.

They have ONE national channel. The Leafs/Bruins game is still going on it, and it’s going to be unnecessarily close. It’s completely stupid that I might miss any of a Game 7.

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 05/12/13 at 09:07 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

What are you bitches drinking?

Windex and pure grain alcohol here.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/12/13 at 09:09 PM ET

Going to commercial on NBC feed…. Looks like they are trying to wait a few minutes to let Toronto/Boston hopefully finish up.

Posted by CJBear71 on 05/12/13 at 09:10 PM ET

Did the game start?  Where is the freaking game?  I’ll take a shot of Vodka.

Posted by Jeff from CO. on 05/12/13 at 09:10 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Typing will be sporadic for me.  Stress plus peyote is never pretty.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/12/13 at 09:10 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Oh come on! No game here in Pa. yet. Me no likey!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/12/13 at 09:10 PM ET

peiz11's avatar

NHLN apparently. Per Malik retweet. Thanks to NHLN for not saying a damn thing to 99% of your fans not on twitter. I’m too on edge for this crap.

Posted by peiz11 from Minneapolis on 05/12/13 at 09:10 PM ET

Bent's avatar

The wife won’t let me have the tv until the toronto game is over.  I hope they hurry.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 05/12/13 at 09:10 PM ET

monkey's avatar

What are you bitches drinking?

Drano, bleach, anti-freeze, and kitten tears.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/12/13 at 09:11 PM ET

klank's avatar

one shift, one shot, one goal, one period at a time.  eliminate da Dirtybirds!

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/12/13 at 09:11 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Typing will be sporadic for me.  Stress plus peyote is never pretty.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/12/13 at 10:10 PM ET

Its tough to type with the damn keys running every which way

silly keys

Posted by Hootinani on 05/12/13 at 09:11 PM ET

klank's avatar

thanks, peiz11

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/12/13 at 09:12 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Voox that’s fsd?  On break now.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/12/13 at 09:12 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

It’s completely stupid that I might miss any of a Game 7.

The NHL—all the charm of a flaming bag of dogshit on your front step.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/12/13 at 09:12 PM ET

VooX's avatar

nbc bill

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/12/13 at 09:12 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I’m nauseous.  Nerves + wine + NBCSucks + Gary.Ass.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/12/13 at 09:13 PM ET

Itrusteddrrahmani's avatar

according to NHLN, waiting for NBCSN

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 05/12/13 at 09:14 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

those are some big line changes

Posted by Hootinani on 05/12/13 at 09:14 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

singing the national anthem

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/12/13 at 09:14 PM ET

One more commercial…. NBC clearly trying to wait. Hold on for 25 more seconds Toronto.

Posted by CJBear71 on 05/12/13 at 09:14 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Listening to Ken and Paul.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/12/13 at 09:14 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

This delay business is offensive.  Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 05/12/13 at 09:15 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

game on, bitches

Posted by Hootinani on 05/12/13 at 09:15 PM ET

Bonus coverage now on NHLN

Posted by CJBear71 on 05/12/13 at 09:15 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

NHLN has the game.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/12/13 at 09:15 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Fuching NBC.  Damn I thought I had FSN.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 05/12/13 at 09:15 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

OK, it’s over.  Leafs won 2-1.  National anthem being sung.  Let’s go NBCSucks.

Buckle up.