Abel to Yzerman

The Playoffs Are A Thorny Issue

So I'm still optimistic.  The trades could still be filtering in to the league office. Kenny kicked a lot of tires and we all know you don't just kick for the sake of it.  That would be...

...self-flagellating, of course.

Yes, I've been reading.  Bad Wing fans. Screaming across each other while you type sarcastic words poking fun or even daring to question Saint Kenneth.  At some point I'm going to have time and the hardware to address that. It needs...examination.

Now though?  It's just a simple live blog bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›      Next »

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

FUCH!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/04/13 at 11:32 PM ET

klank's avatar

ugh

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 04/04/13 at 11:32 PM ET

VooX's avatar

I feel like this is all my fault and things were going swimmingly until I arrived here and opened my big mouth.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/04/13 at 11:33 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Checkin in late….had a date with my good friend Marty Tini.

One martini, two at the most, three I’m under the table, for I’m under the hos…....ah never mind.

I see the Doanbag is still employed.

Let the comeback begin.

LGRW!!!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 04/04/13 at 11:33 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, procrastilaxin….whore style on 04/04/13 at 11:33 PM ET

Cheers!

Posted by calquake on 04/04/13 at 11:33 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Trimming the unruly bush….

Not. Going. There.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 04/04/13 at 11:34 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Things weren’t exactly going swimmingly before you got here either.  I guess they just weren’t behind.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 04/04/13 at 11:34 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I’ll say again, other teams’ goals are so easy!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/04/13 at 11:34 PM ET

gt500x's avatar

I thought for sure this game would be a gimme.

Posted by gt500x on 04/04/13 at 11:34 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Gamewrecker. tongue wink

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/04/13 at 11:35 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Horry crap!  Gaborik is s BJ?!  That poor SOB…..

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 04/04/13 at 11:35 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Checkin in late….had a date with my good friend Marty Tini.

I believe I know him.  Is he friends with T. Quila and Meister Jager?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/04/13 at 11:35 PM ET

I thought for sure this game would be a gimme.

Posted by gt500x on 04/04/13 at 11:34 PM ET

If the Wings were the team Holland thinks they are it would have been.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/04/13 at 11:35 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I thought for sure this game would be a gimme.
Posted by gt500x on 04/04/13 at 11:34 PM ET

So did the Wings

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/04/13 at 11:36 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Rip em Mick…rip em!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 04/04/13 at 11:36 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Evening 19.  I was gonna ask how they look so far, but I think I know the answer.  I really like our team though.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/04/13 at 11:36 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Gamewrecker. tongue wink

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 04/04/13 at 11:35 PM ET

I have a knack for it.  See 2008, Game 5, 39.fuchyou

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/04/13 at 11:36 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

why don’t the Wings EVER catch the other team on a change, but they get caught repeatedly?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 11:37 PM ET

klank's avatar

I thought for sure this game would be a gimme.

we always make backups look like Vezina winners.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 04/04/13 at 11:37 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Pleanty of time…why, I saw a game once where Abdulfuchinkader scored four goals….till they took one away.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 04/04/13 at 11:38 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I have a knack for it.  See 2008, Game 5, 39.fuchyou

It takes a real man to own up to it and remember exactly when it happened. cheese

Posted by calquake on 04/04/13 at 11:38 PM ET

Tuba Guy's avatar

I love how FSD stays on the broadcast for a few seconds when a scrum happens instead of going to the scheduled commercial.  NBC would have cut away instantly.

This just in: NBC does horrible hockey coverage.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 04/04/13 at 11:27 PM ET

This isn’t an NBC thing.  It’s the difference between a national feed and local.  They have different sponsor/ad obligations.

Posted by Tuba Guy from Royal Oak, MI on 04/04/13 at 11:39 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

17 PHX shots this period? i lIKE oUR d

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/04/13 at 11:39 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Posted by Rumbear

And let’s not forget the time Maltby scored 50 goals in the Juniors.  It’s all coming together now.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/04/13 at 11:39 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Radimvrbata…...Vanna, I’d like to buy a vowel.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 04/04/13 at 11:40 PM ET

VooX's avatar

This just in: NBC does horrible hockey coverage.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 04/04/13 at 11:27 PM ET

Earlier today Sportsnet in Toronto cut away from a fistfight for a a commercial break.  Isn’t that against The Code?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/04/13 at 11:40 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Man do we need points against these non playoff teams.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/04/13 at 11:41 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Jimmah looked loike he thought that one got behind him

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/04/13 at 11:41 PM ET

klank's avatar

that was one fugly period.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 04/04/13 at 11:41 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Exactly.  I like the way you think.

Shots on goal…pfffft, clearly the Wings are saving themselves for the third…..hells a coming.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 04/04/13 at 11:41 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

How long since we ven had an opportunity while short handed?

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/04/13 at 11:42 PM ET

calquake's avatar

What?  Someone called my ex?

Posted by calquake on 04/04/13 at 11:43 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

hells a coming.
Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, procrastilaxin….whore style on 04/04/13 at 11:41 PM ET

Ya mean it’s gonna get worse?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/04/13 at 11:43 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Posted by Tuba Guy from Royal Oak, MI on 04/04/13 at 11:39 PM ET

Except I would think that staying a few seconds to watch a scrum wouldn’t affect that. I would assume the timer wouldn’t start counting until play was over, and I don’t think the play would be considered over.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 04/04/13 at 11:44 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

How the hell that was a penalty of Abdulfuchinkader is beyond me.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 04/04/13 at 11:44 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Ya mean it’s gonna get worse?

Frickin lawyers….I almost got away with that. wink

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 04/04/13 at 11:45 PM ET

VooX's avatar

I have a knack for it.  See 2008, Game 5, 39.fuchyou

It takes a real man to own up to it and remember exactly when it happened.
Posted by calquake on 04/04/13 at 11:38 PM ET

I fully understood the expression “life sucked out of a building” in the moments following that motherfuching punch in the balls.

And I can’t remember what exactly happened earlier today, I have no chance at truly remembering that night.  After the first overtime, they ran out of water and most non-alcoholic beverages.  If you wanted to drink for the next hour your choices were beer or booze.  Or beer mixed with booze with a side of booze.  That was our agenda.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/04/13 at 11:46 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Recreate the first period and we still have a chance.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/04/13 at 11:46 PM ET

calquake's avatar

That was our agenda.

My hat is off to you Sir!

Posted by calquake on 04/04/13 at 11:48 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

How long since we ven had an opportunity while short handed?

Emmerton hit the post about a half hour ago.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 11:49 PM ET