Abel to Yzerman

The Mule Stood There Bright As The Sun On That California Coast

Bob Seger and his Silver Bullet Band are touring our nation.  I've not yet seen a confirmed San Diego date.  I will go scorched frigging earth if he hits the west coast, does Portland, NoCal and skips my transplanted home city.

Uncle Mike Babcock doesn't care. He doesn't care about Bullet Bob and he doesn't care about the calorie count in a Charleston Chew.  He just doesn't. He doesn't care about hurting your feelings and he's not impressed by your roomate's cousin in St. Louis who keeps forwarding him pictures of the tattoo he has on his chest of Erik Estrada.

And Uncle Mike doesn't care if he's hurting Ian White's feelings. All our Uncle wants is a win, and then about 20 more.  Then 16 after that.

So he's gonna sit a vet and then he and Kenny might trade one plus a kid or two.

Uncle Mike will spring for a Fresca and he'll tell Ansar how cool it was to watch you win a game of Boggle on the plane.  But when it comes right down to it, he just wants to win and I'm pretty good with that.

I think something's brewing on that there horizon.

And Uncle Mike doesn't give two shits who it is that gets dealt if it means #12 becomes more of a possibility.  No, I don't mean 13 or 40 so just stop.  I mean a 51 or a 4, but never a 43. Ever.  I don't even remember what number Quichedouchebag wears, because I shield my eyes instead of looking at him...but if we can trade him...YEP.

With every game this team wins without a healthy complement, Tick Tock is getting itchier.  I know he's done exactly jack squat to make Detroy-et better but tonite he should be reminded that anyone can win in this league built by a parody-driven midget.  Anyone. Even the Kings.  Win, win, win...deal. Win, win, win...deal.  Next thing you know Uncle Mike's got himself a contender.

We headed west because we felt that a change would do us good.  Good for the soul, you know.  Well, now it's time for a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›      Next »

WestWing's avatar

Drew Remenda = dildo with ears

You’re implying that perhaps he’s not completely useless then.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/27/13 at 11:39 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Lucky break on that icing call.  Could have been a penalty.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 02/27/13 at 11:40 PM ET

Did…did you see what Miller just did?  He lifted the stick up of a Kings player just so Tootoo can continue the cycle on the forecheck.  Gorgeous play by Miller.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/27/13 at 11:40 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

All this puck possession and time in zone reminds me of kick-ass Wings teams of old.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/27/13 at 11:40 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

We’d done everything but score, so I’ll take the bounce!

You maybe can find a 97.1 audio stream.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/27/13 at 10:36 PM ET

try this:

AM1270

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/27/13 at 11:40 PM ET

And Patrick Eaves proves why speed kills.

That and tons of battle.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/27/13 at 11:41 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

I do love the forechecking but I hate it when we get a little too dump and chasey. And we’ve been a little too dump and chasey so far this game.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/27/13 at 11:43 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

This kind of effort for 60 minutes would be impressive.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/27/13 at 11:43 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Who the hell is this pitbull guy? Looks like a younger Paul Shafer.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/27/13 at 11:43 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

Why is datsyuk playing with gator again :(

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/27/13 at 11:44 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Dude, many of The 19 enjoyed seeing where everyone in this worldwide phenomena called A2Y live as we live blog 110 games a year.

But I always ask before putting someone on The Map…. Usually.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/27/13 at 11:45 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Who the hell is this pitbull guy? Looks like a younger Paul Shafer.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/27/13 at 10:43

With a mug like his he better have a lot of money.

Posted by calquake on 02/27/13 at 11:45 PM ET

klank's avatar

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/27/13 at 10:44 PM ET

good thing it’s not Cleary on the other wing.  oh, wait..

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 02/27/13 at 11:47 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

pucker up

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/27/13 at 11:47 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

I’m not actually attacking your map. It’s more like a combination of jealously and a desire to *#$%@& with shit that I can’t resist. Total respect for your hard work.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/27/13 at 11:48 PM ET

OMG.  Kronner.  Have you settled down your game in just a week’s time? Nice.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/27/13 at 11:49 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Fishay, fishay.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 02/27/13 at 11:50 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Jesucristo what an opening west coast period, would like to have scored six more goals dominating most of that period.  Kings hardly had a scring chance.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/27/13 at 11:50 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I second the much improved play of Kronner the past couple of games. Keep it up.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/27/13 at 11:52 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

SOG 13-4 Wings after one

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/27/13 at 11:52 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Bill. Put Hudson. NC on the MAP!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/27/13 at 11:52 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Welcome.

And what happened to Rorschach?  Go back to bed?

8 hour time difference puts him in the Moscow Time Zone, I lived in that zone for 2 years in Kuwait.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/27/13 at 11:53 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Oh fuch, I’m muting my feed.  No damn way I’m putting up with this crew.

Posted by SYF from Hutt Funkins on 02/27/13 at 10:27 PM ET

The Drewouche Canoe. The Kings are having trouble establishing the goon squad style they are used to. But they’re tryin’.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/27/13 at 11:53 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Hudson, NC.  Well, that’s a disappointment!  Yeah you’re close to me, I forgot.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/27/13 at 11:54 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

JR - Get off of Kessler’s Jock. It’s gross. He is in no way shape or form better on the D then our beloved Pasha. Thanks.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/27/13 at 11:55 PM ET

klank's avatar

The Drewouche Canoe

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/27/13 at 10:53 PM ET

genius!

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 02/27/13 at 11:55 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

The Drewouche Canoe.

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/27/13 at 10:53 PM ET

Bitch that is funny !!!

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/27/13 at 11:56 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Yeah! I do wish I was in Russia though. Those women are smexy.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/27/13 at 11:56 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Why is datsyuk playing with gator again :(

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/27/13 at 10:44 PM ET

I think it’s more of a protection/keep the flys off thing. Gator won’t let anyone mess with Pavs.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/27/13 at 11:57 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Drewouche Canoe. Hoooooe Man. That’s funny.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/27/13 at 11:57 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

omg….this site actually exists

Douche Academy

Amazingly enough…Neither of the Canoes are on it..yet

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/27/13 at 11:59 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Mila Kunis is Russian, or Ukranian.  I can’t believe she’s hooking up with Ashton Kutcher now, ten years after they were a couple on That Seventy’s Show.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/27/13 at 11:59 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Those eyes make me tingle.  and mouth.  and purple ljy928hc

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/28/13 at 12:00 AM ET

The Drewouche Canoe.

Brilliant.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/28/13 at 12:00 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by
          RWBill

from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/27/13 at 10:59 PM ET

Man I will never kick HER out of bed again

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/28/13 at 12:00 AM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Mmmmmm *Drools*

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/28/13 at 12:00 AM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I don’t blame Ashton though. Hooked up with Demi. Learned some awesomeness in the bed from her. And now he’s about to rock that woman’s world. Awe Yeah.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/28/13 at 12:01 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

Why is datsyuk playing with gator again :(

to open up Quincey to score?

in Babbles’ crazy mind, maybe there’s a connection.  and hell, maybe there is.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 02/28/13 at 12:01 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

You’re welcome. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/28/13 at 12:02 AM ET

klank's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 02/27/13 at 11:00 PM E

no second chances my friend.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 02/28/13 at 12:02 AM ET