Abel to Yzerman

The Mule Stood There Bright As The Sun On That California Coast

Bob Seger and his Silver Bullet Band are touring our nation.  I've not yet seen a confirmed San Diego date.  I will go scorched frigging earth if he hits the west coast, does Portland, NoCal and skips my transplanted home city.

Uncle Mike Babcock doesn't care. He doesn't care about Bullet Bob and he doesn't care about the calorie count in a Charleston Chew.  He just doesn't. He doesn't care about hurting your feelings and he's not impressed by your roomate's cousin in St. Louis who keeps forwarding him pictures of the tattoo he has on his chest of Erik Estrada.

And Uncle Mike doesn't care if he's hurting Ian White's feelings. All our Uncle wants is a win, and then about 20 more.  Then 16 after that.

So he's gonna sit a vet and then he and Kenny might trade one plus a kid or two.

Uncle Mike will spring for a Fresca and he'll tell Ansar how cool it was to watch you win a game of Boggle on the plane.  But when it comes right down to it, he just wants to win and I'm pretty good with that.

I think something's brewing on that there horizon.

And Uncle Mike doesn't give two shits who it is that gets dealt if it means #12 becomes more of a possibility.  No, I don't mean 13 or 40 so just stop.  I mean a 51 or a 4, but never a 43. Ever.  I don't even remember what number Quichedouchebag wears, because I shield my eyes instead of looking at him...but if we can trade him...YEP.

With every game this team wins without a healthy complement, Tick Tock is getting itchier.  I know he's done exactly jack squat to make Detroy-et better but tonite he should be reminded that anyone can win in this league built by a parody-driven midget.  Anyone. Even the Kings.  Win, win, win...deal. Win, win, win...deal.  Next thing you know Uncle Mike's got himself a contender.

We headed west because we felt that a change would do us good.  Good for the soul, you know.  Well, now it's time for a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

stonehands-78's avatar

thanks, Chief.

this: “Win, win, win…”

period.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/27/13 at 09:04 PM ET

Just so we can be reminded once more of why he’s Uncle Mike, he also started Ozzie in favor of CMOI and won the Cup.

Go Wings.  And Stephen Walkdum is officiating our game tonight as well.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 02/27/13 at 09:07 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Chief, hoping you have fair weather for your sailing out west.
Heading West sounds nice, or at least warmer.

I hope Uncle Mike keeps sending in TooToo to grin, punch and duck-
Go WINGS, and Win x3 - that’s all!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/27/13 at 09:11 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I have some quality bar time scheduled tonight, so I’m not sure if I can LB this one.

Here’s hoping TickTock leaves Turnstile on the side of Route 66 with a copy of the “Unwritten Book of the Road.”

LGRW

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/27/13 at 09:23 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Uncle Mike will spring for a Fresca

Anybody else want a Fresca?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/27/13 at 09:36 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

2 points isn’t too much to ask for….

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/27/13 at 09:38 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Who else thinks Wally is a healthy , but shown unhealthy scratch?

Chief you must think about the 19 with your decision. A bunch of reprobate,juvinile,waifs unsupervised when watching Wings games? Oh the humanity of it all.

I’m off work and play a hockey game myself tomorrow so lets belly up to the Hasek bar. Vooxie. Give us your best sprits right away.

Kate I was at that last game at olympia also and remember Greg Joly scoring the last goal in the old barn. I remember walking on the ice with the cops chasing us and everyone was trying to steal the goal lights to keep as souvenirs. Good times.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/27/13 at 09:42 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

“...and he doesn’t care about the calorie count in a Charleston Chew.”

Now, I dare anyone to tell me that, even though the Gore is humongously huge, you can fine another website tonight that mentioned the calorie count of a Charleston Chew.

Can’t.

Add to the fact the caloric count of said candy bar was mentioned in a hockey blog, and I think you get a pretty good idea why this blog has won 19 Gore Awards in its 19 years of existence.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 02/27/13 at 09:43 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Bonjour, beetches.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/27/13 at 09:45 PM ET

monkey's avatar

the calorie count in a Charleston Chew.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/27/13 at 09:46 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Smile bitches you’re on the big screen tonight

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/27/13 at 09:47 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Bon jour, bitches.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/27/13 at 09:48 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Bon jour, Bitches.

My God, her eyes are bigger than her purple nurples.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/27/13 at 09:50 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

Smile bitches you’re on the big screen tonight

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota

Oh, it should be fun to watch the game like that!

Posted by Zqto on 02/27/13 at 09:54 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

The first Hit Me Mick, me watching the game with a picture of my Hootch reading the Live Blog, featuring a picture of Gabe watching the game with his Hootch reading the LB.

0227092148

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/27/13 at 09:58 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Oh, it should be fun to watch the game like that!

Posted by Zqto on 02/27/13 at 08:54 PM ET

It’s a riot.  62” across, 40” high.  And I have it wired through my Bose.

Before I sold my house this summer, I used to go out in the yard and put up moveis for the young uns, UFC for my older boys, and Wings games for…well…the whole damn neighborhood…all on the giant North wall of my house.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/27/13 at 09:58 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Wow..  Just saw Kessler’s out for a while with a broken foot.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/27/13 at 10:00 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Heading West sounds nice, or at least warmer.

It was in the 80’s today. As I park my car at Staples, it’s 72.

L. G. R. W.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/27/13 at 10:08 PM ET

Paul's avatar

You boys keep enjoying your big screen tv, while I watch Searching for signal on Satellite… on Directv.  Bad weather in the city of the big tire.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/27/13 at 10:11 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

You boys keep enjoying your big screen tv, while I watch Searching fro signal on Satellite… on Directv.  Bad weather in the city of the big tire.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/27/13 at 09:11 PM ET

I’ll be hitting a feed shortly…I’m a cheap ass.  smile

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/27/13 at 10:12 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Bob Seger and his Silver Bullet Band are touring our nation.  I’ve not yet seen a confirmed San Diego date.  I will go scorched frigging earth if he hits the west coast, does Portland, NoCal and skips my transplanted home city.

How is his voice? I would love to see him again, but not if it tarnishes the memories of seeing him at Cobo.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/27/13 at 10:21 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

It’s not active right now but it should be soon.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/27/13 at 10:23 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Anybody else getting some wierd verification error every couple minutes trying to refresh the page?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/27/13 at 10:24 PM ET

gowings's avatar

Evening chief,

I am fairly new here, but you should really keep this blog going. Although I do not post often, I read (and now everyone at work also) your blogs religiously. All of the 19 are fun people and share intelligent thoughts with humor. This is a unique blog. You might not realize it, but even though some folks don’t register or make comments, you are very much appreciated. At least. I can assure you that you have the support of a lot of Detroit fans here in MTL

Just keep up the good work smile

Posted by gowings from MTL on 02/27/13 at 10:25 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 02/27/13 at 09:24 PM ET

First I heard of that one, email me details if you can.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/27/13 at 10:27 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

That’s a mighty fine screen you got there. But it doesn’t beat the 100 incher drop down HD projector. Now that.. Is amazing.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/27/13 at 10:27 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 02/27/13 at 09:24 PM ET

yep , i get those too.

Chief, I’m surprised you didnt mention anything about the 19 stopping by at Stewie’s for dinner? LOL

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 02/27/13 at 10:29 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/27/13 at 09:27 PM ET

So I did the math on mine…comes out to 73.7834669828”...and it’s not HD.

But it was FREE!

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/27/13 at 10:31 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Posted by gowings from MTL on 02/27/13 at 09:25 PM ET

Welcome to the family.

And yes. Don’t get rid of this blog. Please.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/27/13 at 10:32 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 02/27/13 at 09:24 PM ET

First I heard of that one, email me details if you can.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/27/13 at 09:27 PM ET

I think its due to javascript not being enabled. Mine is off in chrome. Too much hackey crap going around with java lately to keep it on. Just a safety precaution

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 02/27/13 at 10:32 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 02/27/13 at 09:31 PM ET

That’s not bad either. Mine was only a total of 600. 600 for the Projector. They threw in the 100 incher screen. I could pass that up.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/27/13 at 10:34 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I still can’t believe that Ian White was whining like a little bitch. Really dude? Really?

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/27/13 at 10:38 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Well, now it’s time for a Live Blog, bitches.

Ahoy-hoy Master Chief. Evenin’ bitches. Hoping I can hang all nite. I believe I’m all in.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/27/13 at 10:41 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I’m all in as well! 5:45 am Wake up call? Not a problem.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/27/13 at 10:42 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 02/27/13 at 09:32 PM ET

FYI NIVO, javascript is a completely different technology than java.  Disabling it will only cause you problems.  You need to either uninstall java completely, or disable the browser plugin.  You don’t need to mess with javascript.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 02/27/13 at 10:44 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

He doesn’t care about hurting your feelings and he’s not impressed by your roomate’s cousin in St. Louis who keeps forwarding him pictures of the tattoo he has on his chest of Erik Estrada.

Chief, your posts are literary magic.  you are the Pavel Datsyuk of hockey blogging!

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 02/27/13 at 10:44 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Whoever give us the best chance to win. I don’t care if White’s wittule feewings are butt hurt.  Whatever it takes. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/27/13 at 10:45 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I’m all in as well! 5:45 am Wake up call? Not a problem.

Posted

Jolly good old bean. I’m with ya and Kate.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/27/13 at 10:45 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

FSD FEED

playing now

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/27/13 at 10:47 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 02/27/13 at 09:24 PM ET

I have before. A couple of times. I just thought it was the iPad’s fault.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!