Abel to Yzerman

The Monster Goes For Three In A Row

Paul here in relief again for Bill who must have received the get back to work memo sometime today.

Speaking of relief, The Monster is a great name for a baseball closer.  You never know, the Tigers may need him tonight.

Uh, no.

Hey, it is really Rivalry Night tonight and Wings/Avs once was the greatest of them all, lately, nada.

A lot of talk about Roy today, wonder how Babcock will match-up with the rookie coach?

Avs defense is their weak point, Wings must force the issue in the offensive zone.  On the other side, the boys in Denver can skate and get a bit creative on offense, so the Wings can't let up against them.

Let's kick this one off with a live blog b#$%&@*!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 >       Next »

Rumbear's avatar

jeff, good to hear. Life here on the Left Coast is growing…tiresome.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 10/17/13 at 10:16 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I call it masochism.

Posted by 42jeff from Howard City, MI on 10/17/13 at 11:15 PM ET

We love a city that’s been dead for nearly 20 years now?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/17/13 at 10:16 PM ET

Primis's avatar

If you tell me you cheer for the Lions as well, I can tell you why.

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/17/13 at 11:12 PM ET

I swore off the Lions the day they hired Matt Millen.  Never looked back.  Will not even consider following them in any way until the Fords sell the team.

As far as I’m concerned Detroit would be a better sports place if both the Lions and Pistons left town.

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 10:16 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

I want a Mule hat trick tonight !!

Posted by Gary Bettman SUCK from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/17/13 at 11:14 PM ET

I would love that.  First hat trick for me in Michigan.

I tried that in North Dakota and the gal actually had to go get a manager.

I confused the hell out of him and got my curly fries anyway.  smile

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/17/13 at 10:16 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

......nearly 20 years now?

I was supposed to turn the lights out when I left in 79. My bad….

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 10/17/13 at 10:18 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 11:16 PM ET

Who are these “Pistons” you speak of?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/17/13 at 10:18 PM ET

It’s games like this that make me hate Mule more.  You see what he’s capable of and have to wonder where this effort was in all the other games.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 10/17/13 at 10:19 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

See, it’s funny - Wah will get all up in the grille of a guy like Boudreau because he knows he’s not really a threat…

... Babcock, on the other hand…

“Oh, what’s that, Patty?”

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/17/13 at 10:22 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

#13!!!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/17/13 at 10:22 PM ET

Primis's avatar

That’s right boys.  Close the lid of the coffin and now weld it shut.

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 10:22 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

MAGIC

alfie to Pasha

nice

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/17/13 at 10:23 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

*#$%@& YEAH ALF TO DANGLES!!!!

*#$%@& YOU WAH

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/17/13 at 10:23 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Alfredsson MADE that play, BTW.  Veteran patience.

I’m starting to come around on him having more left in the tank than we thought.

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 10:24 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

And I’m Pavel Datsyuk, go *#$%@& yourself, Colorado

Posted by Hootinani on 10/17/13 at 10:24 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

BINGO BANGO!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..

In other news…...Just showed Kid Rock and Chelios in a sky box at the Tiger game.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 10/17/13 at 10:24 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

... Babcock, on the other hand…

He’s only willing to throw punches with women and Boudreau.  The death stare—he don’t fuch with that shit.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/17/13 at 10:25 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Now… Datsyuk came in the zone there and put up a weak sort of “Zetterberg shot” on goal…..but the difference is he WENT AND GOT HIS REBOUND and kept it alive.  He could do that because he wasn’t at center ice when he took it.

I wish Z would learn this.

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 10:26 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

pretty nice 3rd period

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/17/13 at 10:27 PM ET

Primis's avatar

So the Sox have put in Urethra I see.

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 10:27 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Alfredsson MADE that play, BTW.  Veteran patience.

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 11:24 PM ET

So far, he’s certainly showing that the signing was a good one.

And I’m Pavel Datsyuk, go *#$%@& yourself, Colorado

Posted by Hootinani on 10/17/13 at 11:24 PM ET

Dammit, who put that on the teleprompter? For the last time, anything you put on that teleprompter, Pavel will read!

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/17/13 at 10:28 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, Rocky Mountian highing….. on 10/17/13 at 11:24 PM ET

Kid Rock at the wrong game I can understand…

... Chelios, on the other hand…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/17/13 at 10:29 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Apparently my tag line for this evening is “...on the other hand…”

Also, sorry for the spam. I’ve been drinking, and I’m feeling optimistic.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/17/13 at 10:30 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Kid Rock at the wrong game I can understand…
... Chelios, on the other hand…

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/17/13 at 11:29 PM ET

When Kid Rock says “Man, we’re going to the Tigers game…”  YOU GO TO THE TIGERS GAME.

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 10:31 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Monster!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 10/17/13 at 10:31 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 11:31 PM ET

Kid Rock may be from Detroit, but…

... I mean…

... his music is terribad, and that’s the only reason he’s famous.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/17/13 at 10:32 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

is Wah getting teary eyed?

Posted by Hootinani on 10/17/13 at 10:33 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

count it

Posted by Hootinani on 10/17/13 at 10:33 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

They introduced Chelli as a former Shitcago Blackhawk and oh, he played for the Red Wings…

Y wonder how Joe Buck gets his head and a microphone so far up his arse.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 10/17/13 at 10:34 PM ET

sjketcheson's avatar

Osgood struggling… and not in net

Posted by sjketcheson from the floor of the Hasek on 10/17/13 at 10:34 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Hahah, Ozzie sounds like Bubba from “Forrest Gump.”

“Square saves, upright saves, shoulder saves, big saves…

... um, shrimp gumbo saves…”

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/17/13 at 10:34 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Ozzie flopping around uncomfortably at the mic like he used to in net.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/17/13 at 10:35 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

*#$%@&.

“Ekspecially.”

Ozzie, a wordsmith you’re not.

Good win, boys.

More John Denver you say?

wink

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/17/13 at 10:35 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

ahah, Ozzie sounds like Bubba from “Forrest Gump.”

“Square saves, upright saves, shoulder saves, big saves…

... um, shrimp gumbo saves…”

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/17/13 at 11:34 PM ET

I actually lolzed

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/17/13 at 10:36 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

good win
wahahahahahahaha

hope kronner can recover quick

g’nite

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/17/13 at 10:36 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Even the Swedes are embracing the Tigers.  Got at least a couple more days.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/17/13 at 10:36 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

kronner updates here

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/17/13 at 10:38 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I’ll give Ozzie a bit more time.  It’s a hard job.

If over time he struggle like Murphy still always used to, even after years, then well…

Great win tonight.  Shots fired across the bow in a lot different ways:  to the Avs, to the East… and to the West that the more things change the more they stay the same.

Kronwall going down is my worst nightmare for this team though.  And I am petrified of what it means beyond this game.

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 10:40 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Ozzie flopping around uncomfortably at the mic like he used to in net.

He’s been off his angles all season

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/17/13 at 10:40 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

And now I can go into tomorrow happy.

I’m 75% intoxicated, my laptop is actually working again, and the Wings punched Patty Wah in his stupid face.

A good night in my book.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/17/13 at 10:40 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Over to the Tigers…night all.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 10/17/13 at 10:40 PM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 >       Next »