Abel to Yzerman

The Monster Goes For Three In A Row

Paul here in relief again for Bill who must have received the get back to work memo sometime today.

Speaking of relief, The Monster is a great name for a baseball closer.  You never know, the Tigers may need him tonight.

Uh, no.

Hey, it is really Rivalry Night tonight and Wings/Avs once was the greatest of them all, lately, nada.

A lot of talk about Roy today, wonder how Babcock will match-up with the rookie coach?

Avs defense is their weak point, Wings must force the issue in the offensive zone.  On the other side, the boys in Denver can skate and get a bit creative on offense, so the Wings can't let up against them.

Let's kick this one off with a live blog b#$%&@*!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 8 >       Next »

Rumbear's avatar

The announcermanperson, he of vast intellect and verbiage says…“The second period WHAT?”

If you have a day job…keep it.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 10/17/13 at 10:42 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, Rocky Mountian highing….. on 10/17/13 at 10:42 PM ET

Working in the television industry and having seen “Anchorman” at least a dozen times, I can say, unequivocally, that TV personalities aren’t necessarily the sharpest bricks in the deck.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/17/13 at 10:45 PM ET

Looked like a totally different team from 1st to 2nd period.  Too many players trying for the perfect pass and setup and almost no one playing hard on the puck.  Lucky to escape only giving up the 2 and still being tied.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 10/17/13 at 10:46 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/17/13 at 10:45 PM ET

I bow to your expertise. wink

Help me out here. Now, I admit that I do not follow baseball, yet I see this Prince Fielder chap wearing a glove and swinging a bat, albeit occasionally, so I ponder, why does he “play” baseball? He strikes me more as a Nintendo or PS3 sort….

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 10/17/13 at 10:51 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

I don’t know how to put this but I’m kind of a big deal.

Posted by Hootinani on 10/17/13 at 10:52 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I don’t know how to put this but I’m kind of a big deal.

Posted by Hootinani on 10/17/13 at 10:52 PM ET

Has anybody called you “dickbasket” yet? cheese

Posted by calquake on 10/17/13 at 10:54 PM ET

Only 17 shots on goal through two periods against a team giving up over 35 a game is not good.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 10/17/13 at 10:56 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by calquake on 10/17/13 at 10:54 PM ET

Would that not be “Mister Dickbasket?”

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 10/17/13 at 10:56 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

thast Lord Dickbasket.  I said I was a big deal.

Posted by Hootinani on 10/17/13 at 10:57 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, Rocky Mountian highing….. on 10/17/13 at 10:51 PM ET

He used to have alot of power (before the Tigers signed him) and he was brought in to make guys have to pitch to Miguel Cabrera instead of walking him all the time.  Though now all Prince is good for is inning ending ground balls to the second baseman.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/17/13 at 10:57 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

I don’t know how to put this but I’m kind of a big deal.

Posted by Hootinani on 10/17/13 at 10:52 PM ET

I remember you…some of us a kinda old.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 10/17/13 at 10:58 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

to be fair this prince fellow did have over 100 rbi’s this season

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 10/17/13 at 10:59 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Good news everyone!  I was watching when they had a 2-0 lead then had to stop for a bit.

So I’m sure it’ll be fine now because that’s how it works, right?

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 11:00 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Howard City, MI on 10/17/13 at 10:57 PM ET

42jeff!  I have been AWOL…..The migration east went well?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 10/17/13 at 11:00 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, Rocky Mountian highing….. on 10/17/13 at 10:58 PM ET

I do love the Smothers Bros and folk music

Posted by Hootinani on 10/17/13 at 11:02 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I’m in the same basket regarding baseball.. albeit, the one without the dicks. More like the one headed to hell.

Though, in my defense, I do wear a Tigers hat almost every day.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/17/13 at 11:03 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

So I’m sure it’ll be fine now because that’s how it works, right?

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 11:00 PM ET

So on the flip side, its your fault that they were doing so bad when you weren’t watching?

Posted by Hootinani on 10/17/13 at 11:03 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Man I really gotta’ get a Slingbox up and going.

Wings on the big TV.  Tigers game going on my tablet via shady feed, sitting next to the laptop I’m typing on now.

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 11:04 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Man I really gotta’ get a Slingbox up and going.

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 11:04 PM ET

Ain’t techmologies grand?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/17/13 at 11:05 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

42jeff!  I have been AWOL…..The migration east went well?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, Rocky Mountian highing….. on 10/17/13 at 11:00 PM ET

It has.  Spent the summer getting reaquainted with family, working on the house and letting my hair grow.  smile

Finally had to get a haircut.  Got sick of family just in time for hunting season to start.

Honey dos almost done just in time for Wings season to start up.

And the only thing I really miss about the USAF is the fellas.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/17/13 at 11:05 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by Hootinani on 10/17/13 at 11:03 PM ET

Clearly it’s Prince Fielder’s fault.

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 11:05 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

If the Wings lose this game, I swear on my grandmother’s Detroit-based grave, that I’ll never post a John Denver video again.

Come on, boys.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/17/13 at 11:07 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Clearly it’s Prince Fielder’s fault.

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 11:05 PM ET

agreed

Posted by Hootinani on 10/17/13 at 11:07 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Hmm… my comma splicing is tip top tonight.

Tip. Top.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/17/13 at 11:08 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I love Franzen.

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 11:08 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULE

from abby and alfie

sweet

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/17/13 at 11:09 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Hey guess who’s up?!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 10/17/13 at 11:09 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

where is all Mule haters tonight ?

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/17/13 at 11:10 PM ET

sjketcheson's avatar

Muuuuuuuuuuuuuule!

Posted by sjketcheson from the floor of the Hasek on 10/17/13 at 11:10 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I love Franzen.

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 11:08 PM ET

*#$%@& me running.

Can the Wings send him down to Grand Rapids until they play Colorado?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/17/13 at 11:10 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

WTH? My feed blinked over to Joe Quenville bitching about a cloud or something…

Oh, and the Prince grounded out.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 10/17/13 at 11:11 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

where is all Mule haters tonight ?

Posted by Gary Bettman SUCK from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/17/13 at 11:10 PM ET

*raises hand*

I’m right here.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/17/13 at 11:11 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Cabrera hit into double-play,  Prince Fielder ground out.  Urgh.  Why do I watch this stuff?

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 11:11 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Oh, and the Prince grounded out.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, Rocky Mountian highing….. on 10/17/13 at 11:11 PM ET

For the record, my money was on him striking out in 3 pitches.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/17/13 at 11:12 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 11:11 PM ET

If you tell me you cheer for the Lions as well, I can tell you why.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/17/13 at 11:12 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Can the Wings send him down to Grand Rapids until they play Colorado?

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/17/13 at 11:10 PM ET

No because OTT is in the division now too.

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 11:13 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I want a Mule hat trick tonight !!  grin

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/17/13 at 11:14 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

gus huge ... like a monster cheese

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/17/13 at 11:14 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

If you tell me you cheer for the Lions as well, I can tell you why.

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/17/13 at 11:12 PM ET

That’s me too.

I call it masochism.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/17/13 at 11:15 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

No because OTT is in the division now too.

Posted by Primis on 10/17/13 at 11:13 PM ET

DAMMIT MULE!

See, another reason to be a hater.

Yes, I hate the player AND the game.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/17/13 at 11:15 PM ET