Abel to Yzerman

The Michigan Sports Hall Of Fame Wants Your Vote

Hockey related names on the ballots include: Vladimir Konstantinov, Igor Larionov, Tony Esposito and Tommy Ivan.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

The Meal's avatar

Espo!  “A three-year hockey letter winner, Esposito was a three-time first-team All-America selection. He was a driving force in helping the Michigan Tech Huskies to the 1964–65 NCAA Championship and was named a first-team NCAA All-Tournament Team choice in 1965. Still currently the MTU career leader in goals against average (2.55) and second in career saved percentage (.912), Esposito was also a three-time All-WCHA first-team selection.”  — https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Esposito#Early_years

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 04/17/19 at 04:24 PM ET

I would like to vote my Grandpa to the Michigan Hall of Fame. My Grandpa Gerald “Jerry” Shields, founded hockey in Lake Claire Shores and Trenton, Michigan. My Grandpa also coached Mark Howe and Chris Illitch in the Little Cesar’s team. Gordie Howe asked my Grandpa to coach his son Mark.  My Grandpa passed away in June of 1998. My Grandma Valentine is still alive, soon to be 93.

Posted by AdrenRush369 on 04/17/19 at 05:26 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

I knew the Esposito’s were from Sault St. Marie (Canada)...I had no idea that he played at Tech??  I guess you do learn something every day..

Posted by Down River Dan on 04/17/19 at 05:32 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Posted by AdrenRush369 on 04/17/19 at 05:26 PM ET

That is some neat stuff right there.  Thanks for sharing.

Posted by TreKronor on 04/17/19 at 05:38 PM ET

Posted by AdrenRush369 on 04/17/19 at 05:26 PM ET

Isn’t there a write-in option on the ballot?

Posted by SYF from Jackie Redmond's blue eyes on 04/17/19 at 05:41 PM ET