Abel to Yzerman

The Main Hatchway’s Given In

Just go ahead and let it fly.  The vomit.  Don't be embarrassed.  We'll laugh, because watching adults throw up is funny.  But we'll be spewing vomitus at the same time, which will ramp up the hilarity to a redolent degree.

Mikael Samuelsson is on the PP point.  Tatar is the "big net front presence".  Dan Cleary on the first unit.

The Wings have lost three in a row. Half the team remains hurt. Tick Tock is in a slumber of self-denial, with no moves in sight.

And Detroit sits in 9th place.  Gary's playoffs start next week after a 22 game season.

Ready, set, vomit.

Oh, and you know those inbred ruhtards will be blowing those stupid whistles because half of them literally believe Tootoo is still a Predator.

The prospects aren't even dim. They're dimmer than dim. They're dank and dark like the alley Jiri Hudler used to fester in waiting for 6 dollar hookers.

Those were the good old days there, boy.

No chance in Gary's kitchen of hell that the Wings win this thing tonite.

Tatar with one, Wally with one. James Tiberius MF Howard with a shutout because we damned well need it. Wings win 2-0.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last ›      Next »

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

YAK didnt take a penalty that time

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/19/13 at 09:47 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

you guys still mad at Cleary?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 02/19/13 at 09:47 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Upper body injury for our dong.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/19/13 at 09:47 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Taylor Swift was practicing in the arena this afternoon, William Tell injures his hand. Anyone else see a connection there?

Posted by jimathor from The land of Sir Humblepatch of Bumblehound on 02/19/13 at 08:45 PM ET

He musta shot the hell out of that apple.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/19/13 at 09:47 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Upper body injury for our dong.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/19/13 at 08:47 PM ET

Well with such a large one it’s got to be bad on his back

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/19/13 at 09:47 PM ET

calquake's avatar

you guys still mad at Cleary?

Disappointed would be more accurate.

Posted by calquake on 02/19/13 at 09:48 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 02/19/13 at 08:45 PM ET

I’m in Columbus, but I’ve had a few of Frankenmuth’s offerings.  That good stuff.  I’ll keep an eye out.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/19/13 at 09:48 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

So, other than losing our starting goalie to injury, losing Emmerton to a slapshot to the face, Kindl’s three penalties, and the return of the Tootoo whistle, things went relatively well that period.

FML

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 02/19/13 at 09:48 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

I was pretty much 99% sure that was gonna end up in the back of the net.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/19/13 at 08:46 PM ET

I was getting ready to type that!!

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/19/13 at 09:48 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

One goal for Cleary served on a platter by Pavs doesnt make up for a bunch of mediocre games….

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/19/13 at 09:49 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Maybe the guy with the Steelers tats is bad mojo.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/19/13 at 09:49 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 02/19/13 at 08:48 PM ET

Well put

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/19/13 at 09:50 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I’m seriously considering going into hibernation until next October.

raspberry

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/19/13 at 09:50 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Mo’s dong has an upper body injury.  Epic.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 02/19/13 at 09:50 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Have you been drinking that hemp oil… again?

Posted by calquake on 02/19/13 at 09:50 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

As bad as Buckets has been, and he has been bad - - that was a helluva shot.

I’m more pissed at Wally, where the hell has he been?  Hanging with Franzen in the invisibility cloak?

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/19/13 at 09:51 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

you guys still mad at Cleary?

Yup. Every time he pretty much has made the case for the 4th line role he so richly deserves, he scores a goal and U. Mike sings “Oh Canada”

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/19/13 at 09:53 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

oh….and for your shopping pleasure

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/19/13 at 09:54 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/19/13 at 08:53 PM ET

Cleary… oh I thought we were talking about Franzen.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/19/13 at 09:55 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

I swear to goodness - - Trevor and Keating ask the most patently Capt Obvious questions ever.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/19/13 at 09:55 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

give me that fish

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/19/13 at 09:57 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

i dont give a damn about Taylor, show me that beautiful sweetheart named Carrie

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 02/19/13 at 09:58 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

I think that award actually goes to Katherine Tappen on the NHL Network.  I swear to god she asked Mikko Koivu after the Minnesota game to explain to the viewers how those three second period goals made a difference in coming back to win three to two.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/19/13 at 10:00 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Cleary… oh I thought we were talking about Franzen.

I don’t want to talk about Franzen. At least Cleary we can cut.

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/19/13 at 10:01 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

um…I ah…uh…

<ctrl><v>....

?w=500

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/19/13 at 10:01 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Daniels: Red Wings going down, but theyre back in the game.

Equivalent: Poland is fighting valiantly

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/19/13 at 08:42 PM ET

Preach it, brutha’

So, that first twenty was so weird, so strange, that you know how this all ends, right?

Det wins 5-2, and after the game the NHL announces Detroit will be in the Eastern Conference beginning next season, and TPH yells “psyche!!” to the team in the lockeroom after the game as he announces to them and the media he never really was retired, was just making good on a lost bet to Rick Zombo from his rookie year.

Mark my word.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 02/19/13 at 10:02 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

I don’t want to talk about Franzen.

I feel ya.  I usually just cover my ears and go “nanananana” any time that nonsense starts up.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/19/13 at 10:02 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 02/19/13 at 09:01 PM ET

Why do I think of driving through mountain passes?

Posted by calquake on 02/19/13 at 10:04 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 02/19/13 at 09:02 PM ET

Rick Zombo reference?  Priceless.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/19/13 at 10:04 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 02/19/13 at 09:01 PM ET

Why do I think of driving through mountain passes?

Posted by calquake on 02/19/13 at 09:04 PM ET

I was gonna comment on this, but honestly, words fail me.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/19/13 at 10:06 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

I don’t want to talk about Franzen.

We need to start bitching about Wally, where in the hell has he been?

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/19/13 at 10:06 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

2 more periods ... seems like a long time

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/19/13 at 10:07 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Ok one more before the game restarts….

?w=500

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/19/13 at 10:07 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I don’t if you all know who Guy Fieri is, but suffice it to say he’s a world class douche.  Anyway somebody got a hold of his new restaurant’s domain name before he did. and this spoof menu went up:

I’ve been laughing all intermission.  Thought I’d share.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/19/13 at 10:08 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

I’ve been laughing all intermission.  Thought I’d share.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/19/13 at 09:08 PM ET

Football: The Meal….oh that on’e's awesome

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/19/13 at 10:09 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

to me, the ‘lost man games’ says it all

... tough to develop any consistency with a roster turnstile.

downer

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/19/13 at 10:09 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

just jobbed

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/19/13 at 10:09 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

We need to start bitching about Wally, where in the hell has he been?

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Looking for a “D” man on 02/19/13 at 09:06 PM ET

Not making 3.75 million for ten more years?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/19/13 at 10:10 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Soo close toots

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/19/13 at 10:10 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Tatar interfered with entering the zone, far more egregiously than any of the calls against Kindl.  Just sayin.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/19/13 at 10:11 PM ET