Abel to Yzerman

The Future Of A2Y

Now what do we do?

My plan is to continue posting in Abel to Yzerman for this season then come up with a game plan for the future.

Either RedMenance or I will continue to post a live blog until a regular blogger or bloggers step forward.

If any of the 19 wish to do the live blog, fee free to leave a comment or email me.

If you want to form a group of bloggers, that is fine be me but I will not be able to organize a posting schedule, that would be up to you to do.

So give me your thoughts, ideas on how we can maintain this great blog moving forward.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

redxblack's avatar

This is just a thought, and I’m fine with being crucified by the 19 for it.

Maybe we could organize a few bloggers who wish to continue on, but out of respect for The Chief and his voice on A2Y, we retire his banner and rename the blog for future posts after this season. A2Y is at least 19% Bill and 19% the rest of us, and it would feel weird having someone else at the helm of the stress train.

Even a slight twist to the name like Abel to Zetterberg might be a demarcation of both a clean slate and a continuity at the same time.

Flame away.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 12/02/13 at 11:00 AM ET

joedaiceman's avatar

My vote is to keep it alive for the next generation. I’m betting the next generation of bloggers will take it to the next level and I’m thinking the Chief would like that.

Posted by joedaiceman on 12/02/13 at 11:20 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I think A2Y should stay A2Y. Banner and all.(until the next Cup is won then add the year) My son is a member of the next generation, and a member of A2Y.

The name Abel to Yzerman is for the ages, and, the aged.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 12/02/13 at 12:01 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I like keeping it A2Y while adding something to the banner to denote Chief’s retirement.. Get our own rafters.

As far as the posting for the future?  Man, I don’t know. I’d just about run it as an anything-goes members blog until the 19 choose their Rufio from among the lost boys/girls to take over the main duties.

I personally don’t want to see a string of people trying to be the next Chief, but that’s just a general worry. I’m sure we’ll all respond to whatever’s written as it deserves and if we find somebody who does it just like that and does it well, then I’m ok with that.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 12/02/13 at 12:45 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Pretty much what Kate & JJ said.
I’ve been far less active here this year that years past, but I’ve made some great friends and acquaintances from A2Y and this place needs to stick around.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 12/02/13 at 12:55 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

How about if we add a little wings jersey with the name “Chief” below the banner, as if it were a retired jersey? Name instead of a number, for obvious reasons

Who knows, 20 years from now the banner would have another few jerseys, each for a retired blog that took over A2Y

It would be a freaking nice tradition

Posted by Zqto on 12/02/13 at 01:22 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

It would be a freaking nice tradition

Posted by Zqto on 12/02/13 at 01:22 PM ET

Yes. I really like this idea. Or, me likey!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 12/02/13 at 02:20 PM ET

Joe Z.'s avatar

No single being could replace the chief, we can only replace him by committee. Yeah I actually did make that comparison.

Posted by Joe Z. from Austria on 12/02/13 at 05:00 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Agreed.  A2Y is a family.  Maybe every year or so we appoint a few well versed volunteers to keep it alive.  Most of it has been live blog comment threads, let’s not lose that.  Maybe at the minimum we pick one of the 19 each month or week to usher in the starter post?  No replacing the chief but I’m sure we all have a little flavor to add.  And who knows, maybe the Chief will surprise us once in a while by curating one out of the blue.  No idea how to regulate such a thing.  Does KK have a voting poll feature?

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 12/02/13 at 09:55 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Late entry.  Let’s keep it alive somehow, by committee if necessary.  Chief IWOCPO may retire in a couple of years and be able to take the reins again.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 12/06/13 at 07:20 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Exactly RWB.  A2Y won’t go away, hopefully we can get some people to do the live blog.

I imagine after the holidays a few folks may come forward.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/06/13 at 07:22 PM ET