Abel to Yzerman

The Ducks Are Going To Use One Of Those Elmer Fudd Guns And Blast Us

We're about to Live Blog a shipwreck.

I have nothing good to report.  Anaheim is the best team in hockey right now.  We are the 7th best team in the Western Conference, if that.  Anaheim hasn't lost at home since 1985.  The Wings are in a fun little dance we like to call, "One step forward, eight steps back right into a pile of steaming dog shit."

Mike Babcock actually said...

“Bert and Helmer and Sammy (Mikael Samuelsson) have been on our roster, but I haven't seen them. It would be like a trade-deadline deal (getting one or two back). It would be unbelievable to have them.

God. Please. Just STFU.

But hey, don't worry.  The trade deadline's right around the corner and the Wings are ready to stick some shishkabob spears into some burning meat just to see if it's raw or cooked and if it's cooked, well then shit let's send it down to GR to get even more cooked but if it's raw? Well hell. If it's raw, you let a good talented defenseman sign with Edmonton instead of making a big push to get him in Detroit because Kyle Quincey, for instance, is wayyyy better than, oh I don't know...Justin Schultz?

And if you don't learn your lesson from that, then you go ahead and do what the smart kids tell you is the stupidest fuching thing ever...you repeat the same mistake.  What am I saying?

Don't even think about this Dekeyser kid. Thinking about it is setting yourself up and that leads to nothing but disgust because Tick Tock's trying to decide whether we can afford yet another young player who makes less than 500 thousand, eh?

What he's really trying to do, and he's said as much, is figure out whether the Wings are a playoff team.  Well, are they? Huh? We'll find out soon enough. Tonite. Sunday. In Anaheim. It's not looking good. Not one bit.

Live Blog it, bitches.  The ugliness is just beginning, really.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last ›      Next »

RedMenace's avatar

Come on, Babcock, swap Nyquist and Miller.

Give the kid a shot.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/22/13 at 11:34 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Any time any of you make it up this way, let me know and I’ll take you on a personal brew-pub crawl—crawl being the operative term.  Portlanders like their beer like they like their women—robust and strong dammit

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/22/13 at 11:34 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Perry is only noticeable when he whines to the refs.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/22/13 at 11:35 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Perry is only noticeable when he whines to the refs.

In other words, VERY noticable

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/22/13 at 11:36 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/22/13 at 11:34 PM ET

Thanks man, by the way, didn’t we meet at an L.A. Kings game; you were with your daughter maybe?

Posted by calquake on 03/22/13 at 11:36 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Posted by calquake on 03/22/13 at 11:36 PM ET

Yep, I recall that.  Except the long-haired kid was my son

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/22/13 at 11:38 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Evening bitches.  Just caught up to live.  There is something wrong with my TV tonight.  It says Abby has a hat trick.  Not sure what is wrong with it, but it sounds pretty serious.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/22/13 at 11:38 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/22/13 at 11:34 PM ET

Got a buddy that moved to the Bend area.  Loves it.  Lots of good beer there too.  I’ve had some Red Chair, and Inversion IPA, and love them both.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/22/13 at 11:39 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I think I am having a blotter acid flashback from the Who concert at the Silverdome in “77”.Curly fries by Abby? Or is Igor playing? How bout Ivan Bolderev?

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/22/13 at 11:40 PM ET

klank's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/22/13 at 11:34 PM ET

lots of Porter up north?

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 03/22/13 at 11:40 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Yep, I recall that.  Except the long-haired kid was my son

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/22/13 at 11:38 PM ET

Oops…  red face  please ask him to accept my apology if he finds out aboot this.

Posted by calquake on 03/22/13 at 11:41 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

pucker up

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/22/13 at 11:41 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Beat that *#$%@& down, Ericsson

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/22/13 at 11:41 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Shit, I thought it was just me—I was pretty convined I was having a flashback

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/22/13 at 11:41 PM ET

klank's avatar

E52 has been wanting to dance since TooToo stole his thunder.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 03/22/13 at 11:42 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Big Rig not taking any crap. Getslapped got slapped.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/22/13 at 11:42 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

YEAH LASH, *#$%@& HIM UP

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/22/13 at 11:43 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Beat the shit out of these ducks.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/22/13 at 11:43 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Ericsson for Baldy Flat Scalp? I’ll take it.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 03/22/13 at 11:43 PM ET

Honestly, I lurk on this website a whole bunch.  Read a lot of the comments to get a feel for what others think.  But after all the bashing on Justin seeing a hat trick made me laugh pretty hard.  About a week ago, what would you guys say the odds of this happening against a Ducks team on a win streak are?  10,000 to 1?

Posted by neffernin on 03/22/13 at 11:43 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Was that like in December and it was aboot -14 wind chill outside while we waited for the buses after the concert?

Posted by calquake on 03/22/13 at 11:43 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Hey Ducks:  sucks to suck.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/22/13 at 11:43 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Nothing like a few goals to get a team up. Wings looked dead on their feet middle of the first, and everything looks different now. I guess if 8 has a trick, you figure you can’t do wrong.

Posted by MoreShoot on 03/22/13 at 11:44 PM ET

Anaheim announcing clowns need to rethink those penalty minute stats and just look at minors as that’s much more telling.  29th for Anaheim, 13th for Detroit.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/22/13 at 11:44 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Ducks better get an extra 2 minutes.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/22/13 at 11:44 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 03/22/13 at 11:39 PM ET

A Deschutes Brewing fan.  You should also check out 10 Barrel Brewing.  Had some of the black IPA just last night.  Good stuff

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/22/13 at 11:45 PM ET

Thunderpriest's avatar

Posted by

neffernin

on 03/22/13 at 11:43 PM ET

Abby has deserved every bit of criticism that he has gotten on here.
10,000-1 seems like generous odds for the hat trick against Anaheim.
Glad he got it…...but if you aren’t shocked, you haven’t been watching.

Posted by Thunderpriest on 03/22/13 at 11:45 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Ummm I can’t recall Cal. LOL

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/22/13 at 11:46 PM ET

Ducks better get an extra 2 minutes.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/22/13 at 11:44 PM ET

I’d call the chances of that slim at best.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/22/13 at 11:46 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Babs putting Abby with Pasha was ...

brilliant.

grin

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/22/13 at 11:47 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/22/13 at 11:45 PM ET

What do you think of the Bend area?  He really seems to love it out there.  Almost makes it sound magical.

Duuuuuude, I love me some black IPA.  I mean, sometimes I was hoppy, and sometimes I want malty.  To not have to choose is epic…

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/22/13 at 11:48 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Ummm I can’t recall Cal. LOL

Yeah, somehow a quarter tab of acid found it’s way into my system and the guy in front of us tossed his cookies and we had to literally fight our way onto the buses after the concert… good times.

Posted by calquake on 03/22/13 at 11:48 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

I think I went to a Who concert back in 77, but quite honestly the late seventies and much of the eighties are kinda hazy

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/22/13 at 11:49 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by neffernin on 03/22/13 at 11:43 PM ET

A billion to one. But, we’ll take it. Babcock looks like a genius tonite.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/22/13 at 11:49 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Is it just me, or does the NHL Network’s studio dressing have a HUGE mouth?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/22/13 at 11:50 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Analheim 101. When being beat badly.. resort to bush league thuggary.

They have done it for years.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 03/22/13 at 11:50 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Magically Delicious: Both Milestones in the same game.. would you have expected it to go any differently?

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 03/22/13 at 11:52 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 03/22/13 at 11:48 PM ET

I havent spent a lot of time in Bend but I like what I’ve seen.  Generally speaking I’m a fan of all the fermented beverages, but the sun was out on Tuesday, I had the day off, and while it wasn’t exactly warm out, we found a nice sunny patch on the concrete slab out back, and that black IPA tasted pretty freakin’ damn great.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/22/13 at 11:53 PM ET

Colquhoun's avatar

This is a pretty good effort for the Wings but I doubt the outcome will outshine the two assists by Sidney Crosby tonight

Posted by Colquhoun on 03/22/13 at 11:53 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Of all the friggin’ times to not get to watch the game on the Tee Vee.  I usually tape all the Wings games and erase the losses afterwards.  Besides I’ll never convince anyone Abby scored a hattie without video proof.

Posted by calquake on 03/22/13 at 11:55 PM ET