Abel to Yzerman

The Big Game At The Big House

Yesterday's games had a sit back, reminisce a bit and relax feel to it.

Today, the stress level will be on the upswing once again.

First a few bits-Channel 4, the local NBC affiliate will have a pre-game show on at 12:30pm ET today and CBC/HNIC does too.

Game time is just after 1:00pm ET on NBC and CBC.plus RDS.

Question of the day for Detroit fans, will Jimmy Howard have a bounce back game?

Because of the ice conditions, expect a north/south game and play in front of the net will be crucial.

No matter of the outcome, it should be an enjoyable event to watch.

But, knowing Detroit fans, the stress level will be high and a perfect game will be expected.

It's a live blog bitches on the first day of a new year.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Alan's avatar

Red Wings fans are easily spotted in the medical profession due to their naturally high heart rate and blood pressure levels.

At least, that’s what I make of my abnormally high heart rate and blood pressure.

LET’S GO RED WINGS!

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/01/14 at 12:59 PM ET

Slumpy's avatar

Sign The Little Ball of Hate Pat Verbeek! Bring Sergei back too.
Man it was cool seeing them play yesterday.
Important divisional game against old rival.
The snow and wind should help the Wings mediocre defense…...to bad they can’t play every game outdoors.
Should see some ugly goals and zebras will be blind because of weather.
Mother Nature have a laugh.

shock

Posted by Slumpy from Detroit on 01/01/14 at 01:09 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Hockey in the Big House again!  Can’t wait!

LGRW!!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/01/14 at 01:23 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

I’ve been watching the live stream here on the NHL Network. ... good stuff.

Both teams will be dealing with the elements. “Puck Luck” could decide the outcome.

But I’m banking on the Wings’ talent. Get the “W” and 2-points.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/01/14 at 01:24 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Happy New Year!!

Looking forward to the game.

LGRW!!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 01/01/14 at 01:32 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Paul!

Happy New Year, You All! smile

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/01/14 at 01:36 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Hello bitches.  Haven’t been around much this year, due to relocating across the country, and timezone issues and whatnot but I’m gonna LB this sucker as long as I can stand to not throw my laptop through the TV.  It has been frustrating to watch the Wings this year, for sure…

Anyway, happy new year bitches, and let’s get some points outta this sucker!

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 01/01/14 at 01:44 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Unbearable NBC crew today.  Wonder how many wings goals will be “wind assisted?”

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 01/01/14 at 01:49 PM ET

Alan's avatar

It has been frustrating to watch the Wings this year, for sure…

The best way I know how to put it: Many fuchs said, not many given.

But today? We play like we know how. Or, at least, I hope we play that well.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/01/14 at 01:50 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

So, the exact type of game Detroit doesn’t know how to play?  Terrific.

Posted by Hootinani on 01/01/14 at 01:53 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Happy New Year, Bitches!

Oh no, Jimmah is in net during warmup.

It will take a miracle to over come the elements, our goalie, our coach, officiating, and biased announcers, but I believe! L.G.R.W.!!!!!!

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/01/14 at 01:54 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Happy New Year 19

Not optimistic about the Wings’ chances today, but on the positive side maybe Jimmy can work out a swiss cheese endorsement deal after today.

timezone issues

As much as I like the move to the Eastern Conference, it makes it challenging for those of us on this coast—especially those of us who have jobs and shit.

LGRW!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/01/14 at 01:54 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Can the crew on NHL Live get the Leaf’s dong any farther down their throats?

Posted by Hootinani on 01/01/14 at 01:56 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Can the crew on NHL Live get the Leaf’s dong any farther down their throats?

Posted by Hootinani on 01/01/14 at 12:56 PM ET

Good to know I’m not imagining things

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/01/14 at 01:57 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Happy New Year Bitches! 2 fuching points just for spite!

Have a blast to all of the 19 of you lucky Bitches that are in attendance.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/01/14 at 01:58 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Happy new year bitches!

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 01/01/14 at 01:58 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

I remember snow like that on the ice when I was a wee lad.

LGRW

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 01/01/14 at 01:58 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Looks like a tonne of blue in the stands.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 01/01/14 at 02:00 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Looks like a tonne of blue in the stands.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where free agents no longer want to go. on 01/01/14 at 01:00 PM ET

I see what you did there

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/01/14 at 02:01 PM ET

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 01/01/14 at 12:49 PM ET

Dear Gord, did anyone watch that ‘09 WC retrospective where Pee-air emphatically said that he, “...really felt a gust of wind…?”  Cringed, I did.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/01/14 at 02:02 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

I see what you did there

Well it looks like the dominant colour so far.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 01/01/14 at 02:04 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

My sympathies go out to all those in the elements today.  It’s cold enough to kill any buzz in about a minute.

Posted by MoreShoot on 01/01/14 at 02:04 PM ET

Hope we’ll see the official attendance real soon.  This is flippin’ amazing.  Watch it while you can, folks.  It’s History.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/01/14 at 02:05 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

The terms “gust of wind” and “douche canoe”—these two things are synonymous.  As it should be.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/01/14 at 02:05 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

sounds loud in The Big House

... even I have goose bumps watching from my living room.

cool stuff

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/01/14 at 02:06 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Looks like a tonne of blue in the stands.

I know I received 10 times more emails about tickets and WC stuff from the Laffs than from the Wings

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/01/14 at 02:06 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Well it looks like the dominant colour so far.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where free agents no longer want to go. on 01/01/14 at 01:04 PM

I also see what YOU did

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 01/01/14 at 02:06 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Nice telestrator work there NBC.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 01/01/14 at 02:06 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

It’s cold enough to kill any buzz in about a minute.

Posted by MoreShoot on 01/01/14 at 01:04 PM ET

Went to an outdoor NYE celebration last night, and I can confirm this sentiment

Posted by Hootinani on 01/01/14 at 02:08 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Can the crew on NHL Live get the Leaf’s dong any farther down their throats?

Thanks for reminding me, I need to break out the leaf blower.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/01/14 at 02:08 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

The Guinness World Records Official to make announce at the start of the 3rd.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/01/14 at 02:08 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

I’m wondering how much NBC is going to troll us Wing fans today with Penguins and Rosby talk.  It is league mandated after all.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 01/01/14 at 02:08 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

I don’t get NBC sports out here, but I actually forgot how much I hate PeeAir and Mike Milbury.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 01/01/14 at 02:08 PM ET

calquake's avatar

It’s a great day for a hockey game!  Be safe, be warm but most of all… BE A RED WINGS FAN!

Posted by calquake on 01/01/14 at 02:09 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

I’m on CBC thankfully.

Posted by MoreShoot on 01/01/14 at 02:10 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Yeesh. Looks friggin’ cold.

Posted by dougie on 01/01/14 at 02:10 PM ET

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/01/14 at 01:05 PM ET

Brother, Slainte.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/01/14 at 02:11 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 01/01/14 at 01:08 PM ET

Where you at now Deuce?  Am I recalling correctly that you were from MQT?

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 01/01/14 at 02:11 PM ET

Thanks, stoney.

calquake's avatar

Looks friggin’ cold.

I’m willing to bet it’s too cold to frig.

Posted by calquake on 01/01/14 at 02:11 PM ET