Abel to Yzerman

Terrible Ted’s Got a Fever…

... and I'm not talking about Ted Lindsay.

Yeah, I had to take a swipe at the low-hanging fruit there. Sue me. Wait, on second thought, don't. I know there are more than a couple lawyers around here...

Don't have much to say regarding tonight: Second half of a back-to-back, against a bad team, with Gustavsson making back-to-back starts; Stevie White playing his first game against his old club; the kids are playing well, for the most part, in the absence of Hank and The Ghost... I guess we'll just have to see how it goes, won't we?

I hope everyone's had their shots, because here comes another Live Blog, Bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

dougie's avatar

Ha, saw Ted shoot flaming arrows from the stage across the parking lot at Bowman Gray Stadium in your hometown, Red. That would have been, uh, 1972. Awesome show, with my new 16 year old girl friend, back before pantyhose were invented.

Posted by dougie on 12/07/13 at 07:43 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

I know there are more than a couple lawyers around here…

Don’t know about lawyers…..but I know there’s several pharmasists

Evening itches

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 12/07/13 at 07:45 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

cool smile

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/13 at 07:48 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Wangoooo…Zeeetangoooooooooooooooo. The Sauce lights the lamp for 2 tonight. Git ‘er done!

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 12/07/13 at 07:57 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I must confess to having more interest in college football than 2nd night of a B2B without our 3 top centers. Those damn Buckeyes must LOSE at all cost.

Posted by dougie on 12/07/13 at 08:01 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Mick with the wink

... let’s go.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/13 at 08:01 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

hey everybody,

while I was away dealing with things recently, the Chief announced his retirement (major bummer), but as if I needed any proof as to why this crazy ass show we call A2Y should continue to go on for many years to come, you guys reminded me last night why this is such an awesome place.

thanks for all the kind words—all 19 of you bitches.

time for another win!!

Go Wings.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 12/07/13 at 08:03 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Evenin’ Bitches.
Well I can watch this one on FSFL but don’t know aboot this Bill Lindsay.  Anybody know him?  Am I gonna hafta mute tv and listen to Ken & the Mick or does he know his stuff?  Or if he’s biased, I guess.

LGRW

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 12/07/13 at 08:06 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

”... Buckeyes must LOSE ...”

Agree.

Imma U of M fan, not Michigan State ... but I will root for ANY TEAM to beat osu.
Given that Sate is Big Ten and from Michigan, I’m in their camp tonight.

And the Red Wings, too, of course.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/13 at 08:06 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

game on

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/13 at 08:08 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Osgood needs some vocal coaching… he’s got way too much of a monotone going on.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 12/07/13 at 08:09 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

You know, I feel bad for KFQ. I mean, I never actively want someone to fail, but he just can’t buy anything positive here this season.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 12/07/13 at 08:12 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I went from being a big fan of the Tim Thomas “story” to hoping he falls flat on his face in aboout 2 years time. What a fonzanoon.

Posted by dougie on 12/07/13 at 08:13 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Danny? huh?

Goal!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 12/07/13 at 08:14 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Cleary - Wings 1-0

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 12/07/13 at 08:14 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Was that Bear ???  Go Cleary

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 12/07/13 at 08:14 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Even a squirrel finds an acorn every now and then.

Posted by calquake on 12/07/13 at 08:14 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Proving the old adage aboot blind hogs finding the occasional acorn.

Posted by dougie on 12/07/13 at 08:14 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

golden ticket???

Finally. Good for Buckets.

1-0

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/13 at 08:14 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Cal, get out of my head. It’s a scary place, buddy.

Posted by dougie on 12/07/13 at 08:15 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Dougie you could put your and my comments together and it still wouldn’t make any sense. LOL

Posted by calquake on 12/07/13 at 08:16 PM ET

Holy cheese and pie.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/07/13 at 08:16 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Wow, I am WAY behind, as usual.

At least Cleary can tap the puck into a wide open net, and that’s something, right?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 12/07/13 at 08:16 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

God Kvall Bitches.  !!!!! Already a goal….Really 71 ???? Wow…good for him

Let’s Go Red Wings !!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 12/07/13 at 08:16 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Cal, get out of my head. It’s a scary place, buddy.

Posted by dougie on 12/07/13 at 07:15 PM ET

Come on over to mine… it’s pretty empty.

Posted by calquake on 12/07/13 at 08:17 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Coke n pepsi causing problems.  Just shoot ‘em.

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 12/07/13 at 08:17 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 12/07/13 at 07:16 PM ET

Hell yeah, that probably bought a 2 year contract extension

Posted by dougie on 12/07/13 at 08:18 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

cal? dougie?

you guys want your own LB?

cheese

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/13 at 08:18 PM ET

calquake's avatar

cal? dougie?

you guys want your own LB?

cheese

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/13 at 07:18 PM ET

Sure, we could call it “The Sh*t Starts Here”.

Posted by calquake on 12/07/13 at 08:19 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

cal? dougie?

you guys want your own LB?

If Cal ever accepts an invite to Dougie’s secluded, mountain cabin…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 12/07/13 at 08:20 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Osgood needs some vocal coaching… he’s got way too much of a monotone going on.

Murph needs a job.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 12/07/13 at 08:20 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Coke n pepsi ...

hadn’t heard that nickname in a while ... forgot what happen to the guy actually.

guess you can ride hossar’s coat tails only so long, aye?

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/13 at 08:20 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Sure, we could call it “The Sh*t Starts Here”.

Posted by calquake on 12/07/13 at 07:19 PM ET

Or “Two Worthless Nuts”. We could talk aboot blind acorns and pantyhose

Posted by dougie on 12/07/13 at 08:21 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

an invite to Dougie’s secluded, mountain cabin…

Scarey words there.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 12/07/13 at 08:21 PM ET

Trish's avatar

It’s a weird night.  Not a full moon; Imma callin it - hat trick for Buckets. . .

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 12/07/13 at 08:22 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Osgood needs some vocal coaching… he’s got way too much of a monotone going on.

Ozzie’s monotone is the result of his “calm demeanor” ... or vice versa.

... imma guessing it’s a goalie thing.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/13 at 08:23 PM ET

calquake's avatar

an invite to Dougie’s secluded, mountain cabin…

Scarey words there.

I do have a fondness for banjo pickin’. big surprise

Posted by calquake on 12/07/13 at 08:24 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Murph needs a job.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 12/07/13 at 07:20 PM ET

If by “job” you mean “hot dog…”

Ozzie’s monotone is the result of his “calm demeanor” ... or vice versa.

... imma guessing it’s a goalie thing.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/13 at 07:23 PM ET

Darren Pang and Daryl Reaugh would like an emphatic word or two with you. wink

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 12/07/13 at 08:24 PM ET

Trish's avatar

an invite to Dougie’s secluded, mountain cabin…

Scarey words there.

I do have a fondness for banjo pickin’. big surprise

Posted by calquake on 12/07/13 at 07:24 PM ET

Now I’m asceerd.

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 12/07/13 at 08:25 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

I do have a fondness for banjo pickin’. big surprise

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/13 at 08:26 PM ET

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »