Abel to Yzerman

Surprised

The Wings surprised a lot of fans with a win the other night staving off a thirteen game losing streak, but it's the Wings, so most of us are still somewhat sure of what to expect. On the other hand, winning does help to instill confidence in a team that are in some dire straits right now. Well, that and the fact that Mantha and Athanasiou will be back in the lineup. It sure would be nice to be surprised again......

It's a Live Blog!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >       Next »

calquake's avatar

Thanks Katie. It’s a great night for a surprise hockey game. L.G.R.W.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/14/19 at 06:52 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Kate!

Well there is always Hope and Surprises!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 12/14/19 at 06:54 PM ET

Alan's avatar

I’d love to see a win, but I wish I could say I’m expecting one.

Please, make it two in a row? LGRW!

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 12/14/19 at 06:55 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer’s Chair on 12/14/19 at 06:54 PM

I once, long ago, worked with a redhead. She had green eyes. She was gorgeous.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/14/19 at 06:59 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Greetings fellow Wingaholics! Thanks for making to the game.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/14/19 at 07:00 PM ET

WingedRider's avatar

Since chasing P Roy from the Nets long ago, th Wins have been scarce

GoWingsGo Win 19???

Posted by WingedRider from Saskatoon, SK on 12/14/19 at 07:01 PM ET

Yay….finally get to watch a game again.  Stupid work.

LGRW

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/14/19 at 07:02 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

No Mickey in Montreal?  oh oh  Bummer….

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/14/19 at 07:06 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Hoping for two wins in a row? big surprise

Posted by bigfrog on 12/14/19 at 07:09 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Bonsoir mesdames et messieurs

A potential 2 game winning streak on the line….

Well, at least Ottawa lost today, so looks like our only competition is gonna be N.J. & L.A.

Posted by Down River Dan on 12/14/19 at 07:13 PM ET

game on

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/14/19 at 07:15 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Le Taco Belle….  wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/14/19 at 07:20 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Lil’ Bert!!!!

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/14/19 at 07:22 PM ET

Lil’ Bert   1-0

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/14/19 at 07:22 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

1-0 Bert. LOL

Posted by bigfrog on 12/14/19 at 07:22 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Howdy 19. Well let’s see what the chef’s surprise is tonight. Will it be a filet of steak or a shart sammich?  LGRW
Yeah Lil Bert with the one timer. Keep er goin.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 12/14/19 at 07:22 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

T-Bert!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/14/19 at 07:22 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Woo Hoo 1-0
Good Start
Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 12/14/19 at 07:22 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Lil Bert with a big first goal! That’s a great start! Don’t let up now, boys

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 12/14/19 at 07:24 PM ET

take the shot Fabri

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/14/19 at 07:29 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Nice save Bernier. These canuck announcers wanted a penalty unwarranted of course.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 12/14/19 at 07:31 PM ET

These canuck announcers wanted a penalty unwarranted of course.

I have a feeling I’m going to make extensive use of the mute button tonight.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/14/19 at 07:33 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

present

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/14/19 at 07:38 PM ET

Guy got slashed because he held the puck in his glove forever.  Crap call

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/14/19 at 07:42 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Hmm that’s unusual… Montreal getting questionable pp at home??

The Habs player caught the puck and closed his hand and should’ve been called…

Posted by Down River Dan on 12/14/19 at 07:43 PM ET

OK, so the slash was before the Hab player grabbed the puck….it was still crap.  Homecooking in Montreal, say it isn’t so.  rolleyes

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/14/19 at 07:45 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Yeah!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/14/19 at 07:46 PM ET

Abby gets outmuscled on the boards by Tatar….lovely.  shut eye

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/14/19 at 07:47 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Hello Reprobates !
Am caught up to live, more or less as much as my stream ever is.

I didn’t know Abdelkder was playing until I saw a Wing fall down sprawled out at center ice.

Glad for the first period lead, that Bertuzzi is a gamer.  Flat on the ice getting sticked in the back he just kept on fighting for the puck without asking any quarter.  I like that guy.

Posted by RWBill on 12/14/19 at 07:50 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Good road period.
Sorry for your Army football team loss today RW. No. Not really.. tongue wink

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 12/14/19 at 07:59 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

...Bertuzzi ... I like that guy….

I concur RWBill..he’s been my favorite for a few seasons now. It will be a crime if he doesn’t have an ‘A’ on his sweater next season.

Posted by Down River Dan on 12/14/19 at 08:00 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I’d give the A to Lil Bert and LGD now if I had my druthers.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 12/14/19 at 08:03 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Good road period.
Sorry for your Army football team loss today RW. No. Not really.. tongue wink

The little I paid attention to the Academy teams I could see Navy was back at a high level again.  QB play is so critical in those type offenses.

I never really cared too much or identified with the ring-knockers from West Point, as I got a civilian commission through CMU we were sometimes subjected to the the academy talk whenever some of the bastards got together.  Some really quality individuals though mostly, smart and good character.

Posted by RWBill on 12/14/19 at 08:07 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

P.S. I always pull for Navy to beat Notre Dame, once in a while it happens.

I can’t help with the feeling that the ice continues to be tilted which will eventually lead to a resumption of losing.

Posted by RWBill on 12/14/19 at 08:11 PM ET

hands of elm

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/14/19 at 08:12 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

The ring knockers I had the pleasure of knowing seemed to want to to be by the book hard asses. Most of the officers I knew after getting into the medical side we’re good joes. I saw one out of the hospital in Bethesda one day and he whispered “ if you salute me ,I’ll kick your ass”with a wink..  Good guy.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 12/14/19 at 08:16 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Gallagher is always crashing into the goalie and the net. Someone needs to put the hurt on him…..

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/14/19 at 08:18 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Yeah Kate he is a Marchand wanna be.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 12/14/19 at 08:19 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Nielsen being outscored by the backup goalie…..that’s just wrong on many levels.. sick

Posted by Down River Dan on 12/14/19 at 08:22 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I really loves me some Ozzie!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!