Abel to Yzerman

Spokes In A Great Big Winged Wheel

I'm writing this at 0900 PST and the last thing George told me was that William Tell is in for the Strangler.  Note to Sobotka, reinforce the glass behind the nets...hell, ALL the glass.  A hail of rubber is headed your way.

I've decided Justin Abdelkader is my huckleberry today.  I have a feeling, an inkling really.  Something tells me this young man is going to be a wrecking ball of a force tonite in front of hockey's greatest fan base, in hockey's greatest arena, with banners hanging down and fat men with red cheeks sputtering while aging Fins, balding assholes and a pansy named Perry get angrier and angrier.

It's a big one.  A big fat one.

Hope you enjoyed your Saturday, used your time wisely to prepare yourselves for what's to come.  Somewhere, Larry Murphy is incoherent.  Somewhere closer Darren Helm is wondering what he's done to baby Jesus.  I keep waiting for the game that he's just, without fanfare, announced as a starter.  Surprise me.  I dig it.  Fairy tales, I know.

It's a Live Blog, you bitches.  Grab your seats.  Unwrap the cheddar.  Hide the pets. Warn the neighbors.  Keep your whore mouths shut unless the situation is clearly deserving.

LGRW. 15 to 12.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

Hootinani's avatar

Reporting for duty bitches

great work on the map RW.  Good to see where everyone’s at.

Posted by Hootinani on 05/04/13 at 06:31 PM ET

bdos's avatar

What’s up, 19! Here’s the HD feed.. It’s FSD today too! Remember to copy the link location and open it in VLC or Quicktime. Enjoy!

Posted by bdos from Columbus, OH on 05/04/13 at 06:32 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Oh god the light effect by section at the JLA…

Posted by Primis on 05/04/13 at 06:32 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

The Joe looks very sparkly tonight!

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/04/13 at 06:33 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

The game is on KDOC if you are in the SoCal blackout area. I think it is channel 56 OTA

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/04/13 at 06:33 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

only if they have figured out a way to attach a new thumb for Del Keiser within the next 5 minutes.

if not… *#$%@& technology.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/04/13 at 07:26 PM ET

If they can replace all of Lee Majors for 6 mil, we should be able to get Der Kaiser a new thumb for a couple thousand, right?

I’ve got 38 cents, who’s with me!?!?

Posted by Hootinani on 05/04/13 at 06:34 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by bdos from Columbus, OH on 05/04/13 at 07:32 PM ET

I don’t use it., and you’re still a hero to me.

Maybe later i the game I’ll try the feed in Windows MediaPlayer and see if it works there.

Posted by Primis on 05/04/13 at 06:34 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Bullet Bob will bring this tilt home.

Speaking of home, Rambo is enjoying the game with me tonight.

Bonjour.

LGRW

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/04/13 at 06:34 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Hope you enjoyed your Saturday, used your time wisely to prepare yourselves for what’s to come.

It’s a glorious 70 degree day here in the pacific northwest (we don’t get a lot of these), so there’s been grilling, and oh yes, there’s been drinking—there are wary-eyed pets in the neighborhood who know damn well by now that look in my eye that seems to be a rite of spring.

The Tigers just went up by 4 runs in the first inning and the feeling here is that the locals back in Detroit are going to blow the roof off the fucher.  The GaryAss-driven lockout, the shit-load of doubt that followed—it all kinda sucked didn’t it?  But it’s spring-time now bitches.  The sun is shining, I’m well on my way to drunker-than-a-loon and the Red Wings are in playoff mode.  It all feels so right and familiar.  Memories of #19 leading his team with that glint in his eye.  Memories of #5 steely-eyed and cooler than a hit-man.  Memories of #39 sprawling and making snow angels as his stick flies away.  Memories of #91, his awesome talent as well as everything that ever frustrated us about him.  And memories of the grind line, the long-dead rivalry with the dive, that heavenly night in 1997 and all the crazy highs and soul-crushing lows that come along with hockey at this time of year.

But make no mistake—this is our time of year!

LGRW!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/04/13 at 06:35 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Odds are it was one of two things… hot muffler pulled over tall grass (which does exist near the freeway shoulders) or someone flicked a butt from their car.  P.S.A. Smoke all you want.  Just don’t be a *#$%@& and use some common sense.
Posted by calquake on 05/04/13 at 07:31 PM ET

Could have been a fire bug too. Those a holes follow the weather closely and know when to start a fire at the worst possible time

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/04/13 at 06:35 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/04/13 at 07:35 PM ET

Now there’s a manifesto!

Posted by calquake on 05/04/13 at 06:36 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Posted by calquake on 05/04/13 at 07:18 PM ET

glad to hear things are safe and sound for you and yours man!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/04/13 at 06:36 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Speaking of home, Rambo is enjoying the game with me tonight.
Bonjour.
LGRW
Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 22 on 05/04/13 at 07:34 PM ET

Awesome!

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/04/13 at 06:36 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Which reminds me… where have you been the last few days? cheese

Posted by calquake on 05/04/13 at 06:37 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Speaking of home, Rambo is enjoying the game with me tonight.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 22 on 05/04/13 at 07:34 PM ET

perfect!

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/04/13 at 06:38 PM ET

bdos's avatar

I don’t use it., and you’re still a hero to me.

Thanks! Just trying to play Robin Hood - stealing from Gary and giving to the 19 - all the credit has to go to the Redditors that taught me the trick.

Posted by bdos from Columbus, OH on 05/04/13 at 06:38 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Just don’t be a *#$%@& and use some common sense.

Posted by calquake on 05/04/13 at 07:31 PM ET

You have met people before, right?

thats a lot to ask

Posted by Hootinani on 05/04/13 at 06:39 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/04/13 at 07:36 PM ET

Thank you.  Like I posted earlier… I’m lucky and grateful.

Posted by calquake on 05/04/13 at 06:40 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

game on

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/04/13 at 06:40 PM ET

Primis's avatar

FS Detroit opening with a montage backed by Imagine Dragons.  Jesus.  Not a good choice at all…  kinda’ kills the mood.

Posted by Primis on 05/04/13 at 06:40 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Buckle up!

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/04/13 at 06:40 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

LGRW. 15 to 12.

Evenin’ Bitches. Grandson is 3 today. Win #3 today, Shut. Whore, Mouth, Today.

I’ll be in and out. Mostly out. My whole whore family is here. Whore-style.

Let’s Roll. 3 year old Birthday Style.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/04/13 at 06:40 PM ET

klank's avatar

wow.. Souray out for punishment?  I thought he has played a solid D game.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/04/13 at 06:41 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I thought Souray got hurt?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/04/13 at 06:42 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Let’s Roll. 3 year old Birthday Style.

Happy birthday to the GS.

LGRW

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/04/13 at 06:42 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Just don’t be a *#$%@& and use some common sense.

Posted by calquake on 05/04/13 at 07:31 PM ET

You have met people before, right?

thats a lot to ask

Posted by Hootinani on 05/04/13 at 07:39 PM ET

Yes, or as I like to call them “the grotesque populace” and I remember when we didn’t have to ask.

Posted by calquake on 05/04/13 at 06:42 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

James.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/04/13 at 06:43 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Flashing the leather

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/04/13 at 06:43 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I’m getting fed up with Kindl’s inability to clear the puck. He also had a couple ill timed pinches last game.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/04/13 at 06:43 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

okay Jimmeh—redemption begins right there/

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/04/13 at 06:43 PM ET

klank's avatar

that would explain, Cap’n… our shall I say, make sense.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/04/13 at 06:44 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Lashoff with a bad turnover

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/04/13 at 06:45 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Perry is such a fuching punk

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/04/13 at 06:46 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

So I’m leaving the Tigers game with a 6-0 lead.

LGRW!!!

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/04/13 at 06:46 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by calquake on 05/04/13 at 07:42 PM ET

or as us elder statesmen like to call it, “the good ole days”

now you kids get off my lawn!

Posted by Hootinani on 05/04/13 at 06:47 PM ET

klank's avatar

work the jitters our, Lash

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/04/13 at 06:47 PM ET

klank's avatar

*out

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/04/13 at 06:47 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Sammy on point for PP tonight.  Everyone at the Joe is now in mortal danger.  Code Red, Code Red…

Posted by Primis on 05/04/13 at 06:48 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

now you kids get off my lawn!

Posted by Hootinani on 05/04/13 at 07:47 PM ET

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/04/13 at 06:48 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Sammy’s first shot, on net!

That has to be a good sign.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/04/13 at 06:48 PM ET