Abel to Yzerman

Slipping Into Darkness…Bring On Baby Brother And Live Blog It

An early Live Blog for a game that’s bigger than most.  Deal with it.

That’s Bullet Bob up there, by the way. It took close to three months but our Horschackian commissioner has finally allowed little baby brother out of the front yard and into the alley with the sticky street and the smelly stuff.  It’s dank and it’s scary back here Patrick.  It’s places like this where boys with names like “Corey” don’t wander.  Rivalries have a unique obscenity to them.  There can be no elegance to a real rivalry.  They’re dirty and things happen that shame adults after the fact. The Wings used to have a rival like that, but then that team started to suck so bad that the ferocity became a joke.  Now? Good god. Pathetic Denver hacks are using pulpits like SI to beg for, yes, relevancy (good call, JJ).

And you would tune in for a current Avs-Wings Winter Classic, too, because it would be something new, something different.

Rivals don’t beg Adrian.  They just don’t.  It’s sad and it’s over.  Let it go because, aside from an occasional giggle at your expense, it’s just not that fun anymore.

Relevant hatred doesn’t need sniffling hacks like Dater begging the mean old mainstream to please, just please, take notice of a team in Denver that absolutely nobody gives a shit about including the last dozen people in Denver who even realize there’s a team there.

You know what builds real hate, Adrian?  Stuff like this.

You think Patrick Kane doesn’t absolutely despise Johan Franzen for treating him like a spoiled little sissy boy, on national TV, in a playoff game?  That’s real, visceral, legitimate hatred Adrian.

Oh, sure.  Denver hates Franzen too…for essentially making the entire franchise his bitch, repeatedly. But that’s it and that’s all Adrian. There is nothing else there and I promise you there will never be a Classic in Denver because nobody gives a shit about the Dive. Nobody.  Even a draw like the miracle manger baby’s favorite team wouldn’t be enough to get that game to Colorado.

We’ve got a new old rival now Adrian.  And this one’s got all the ingredients.  Cups have been won on each side but the inferiority complex remains in Chicago, as it should.  Baby brother knows. He does.

“Ever since I’ve been here, we’ve maybe beat them in the regular season and obviously lost (to them) in the (2009) playoffs, but we’ve never really dominated them or got the chance to say that we’re officially a better team than them,” said 23-year old Patrick Kane, who scored the winning goal in overtime of Game 6 in the 2010 Stanley Cup Final but dreams of ending the Wings’ season someday. “Even though we’ve had some ups against them in the regular season, we’ve never beaten them in the playoffs.”

Still with us Adrian?  Patrick Kane is a spoiled punk but he’s got it. He understands that until Chicago throws a hammer into the bad man’s junk the Hawks and their coiffed fan base will just have to swill in the fact that they’re one step behind professional sports’ gold standard.

This is bound to get ugly because that’s what’s been decreed.  Six games crammed into a short period of time.  Each game essentially determining the division because it’s going to be tight all year Adrian. All year.  Denver?  Any chance of them grabbing an 8 seed?  Yeah, that Classic’s coming to Denver realllllll soon.

Something wicked this way comes because that’s what happens when teams with hate in their hearts let emotions get the best of them.  And that’s a rivalry defined.  Ugliness is around the corner because it’s been building for a few years.  There’s only been one playoff series in the last decade between these two but that’s enough. There were isolated episodes in that series…the mouthpiece thing and the spear to the nuts that probably cost us a Cup…but now you get the feeling it’s time that the hate took over for a long-term run.

And Adrian, one final word from you?

I want to see some other teams play hockey.

LOL (seriously)...too bad bitch.

It’s a Live Blog.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Six hours early for an LB and I’m completely digging it.  Slainte, Sailor.

Which reminds me, I’m having one of those days where I can’t get a song out of my head.  It’s a good one:  The Wild Rover and this is by a guy I see at McMullan’s Irish Pub on a regular basis here in Vegas.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 12/30/11 at 07:36 PM ET

Chris in A^2's avatar

Sweep the weekend in regulation and take back the division.

LGRW

Posted by Chris in A^2 from Nyquist Puck Control on 12/30/11 at 07:39 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

It’s a Live Blog.

Evenin’ Bitches. Ahoy, Master Chief. Me likey the early write-up.

Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 12/30/11 at 07:46 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

+19

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 12/30/11 at 07:50 PM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

Another brilliantly penned entry in the Vagalanche memoriam guest log….I only wish I would have read this closer to game time. Having this much bile in the back of my throat can’t be good for my health. If i get throat cancer, by God I’m gonna kick Dater square in the nuts and send him my doctors’ bills.

Posted by The Hurricane on 12/30/11 at 08:16 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Wow…he even looks like a homo.  You see that haircut? Good grief.  How was the soup?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 12/30/11 at 08:21 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Great post, Master Chief!

I ripped that video of the Mule removing Kane’s mouthpiece and tossing it to the ice on to my computer because it’s one of my favorite Red Wing moments (love Dan Cleary’s facial expression). So thanks for reminding everyone of that.

Time for the Wings to send another message - this time to Little Bro that they’re still the wannabe team.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 12/30/11 at 08:32 PM ET

The linesman was vainly stifling a laugh as well, MsRedWinger, as he separated Mule from the $0.20.  It’s the second funniest part of the vid.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 12/30/11 at 08:54 PM ET

The BC-MTU third period is tied at 1-apiece and the kids are playing their hearts out.  It’s fast, hits galore, stellar goaltending, and great passing for superb scoring chances.

It’s sensational college hockey.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 12/30/11 at 09:01 PM ET

Sal's avatar

Our Goalie-of-the-Future Mrazek just had a 52 save performance and very nearly an empty netter to lead the Czech Jrs to a 5-2 win over the USofA.  Kid’s quite the hot-dog.  The Canadian crowd loved it, but I don’t think the US team appreciated his celebrations.  Country loyalty tells me I should be cheering for the US, but I couldn’t help myself, I cheered for the Czech team.  Mrazek was great and Fish is an assistant coach, too, looking very proud of his charges.

Posted by Sal from the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains on 12/30/11 at 09:23 PM ET

With 9:20 left in the third, BC takes a 2-1 lead.  The Huskies just tied it at 2 with 29 seconds left BUT apparently, it was knocked in with a high stick (stick above the shoulders).  Refs are reviewing the play.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 12/30/11 at 09:33 PM ET

Just ruled a no-goal.  Heartbreaking for the Huskies.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 12/30/11 at 09:36 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Evening, all.

Don’t know if I’ll be in the LB tonight.  I’m going to start watching Michigan/Mich State on FSD.com, which starts at 7:30.  When 8:30 rolls around, I’ll either have to watch the Wings on my I-Phone, switch from the Michigan game to the Wings, or just watch the Wings after the Michigan game is over.

In any event…

LET’S GO BLUE !!!  LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 12/30/11 at 10:05 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Posted by Sal from the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains on 12/30/11 at 06:23 PM ET

I was cheering for Team USA and I’m very sad they lost and are out of medal contention.  (It’s going to be tough for them to get up for playing Canada tomorrow night, since it won’t matter.)

But it was fun watching Mrazek.  I kind of like his swagger.  And he’s good, really good in goal.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 12/30/11 at 10:08 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Brilliant dissertation there MC.  Funny, but spot-on.

Hey you bitches, see you at game time.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 12/30/11 at 10:17 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

good shtuff, Master Chief. Thanks.

BIG game tonight.
need to assert ourselves as THE central division team,
THE western conference team,
THE nhl team. still. period.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/30/11 at 10:33 PM ET

Pre-game show is up.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 12/30/11 at 11:01 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Hey. Bitches.This will be my first L bee with my new kindle fire.Don,t break it with your juvenileishness..Looks. like a wing feed thank goodness.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 12/30/11 at 11:03 PM ET

Nice write up Master Chief, and Happy New Year to you and everyone.

Now even though Dater is always off center, that idea of his would be cool for us out here in Red Wing Nation west.  I bet half of the crowd would be Red Wing fans including me and my clan.
Who knows.  Michigan deserves the Winter Clasic though before Darren Garcia.

Posted by Jeff from CO. on 12/30/11 at 11:03 PM ET

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 12/30/11 at 08:03 PM ET

You’re drunk.  Really, really drunk.  LOL

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 12/30/11 at 11:09 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Radio Feed from 97.1 the Ticket for those of you like me tonight and only have a dial up connection.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 12/30/11 at 11:10 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Clap, Clap, Clap, Thanks Master Chief!

Evening ALL!  And wishing You ALL and the Wings of course, a Safe and Happy New Year!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 12/30/11 at 11:13 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

Murph said “shcore”. In the bag.

Posted by Rdwings28 on 12/30/11 at 11:17 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Working on it SYF.Red Stripe.yummy

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 12/30/11 at 11:18 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Pre-game show is up.

Posted by SYF from a bipolar Wings dressing room on 12/30/11 at 08:01 PM ET

You beautiful bitch.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 12/30/11 at 11:20 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Evening bitches.

Jeebus, Dater is an anoose.  I didn’t read his article.  Did he plug his book again?

Me myself, I’m enjoying a pint of ESB that a buddy home brewed.

LGRW

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 12/30/11 at 11:28 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Good Stuff Chief.

Denver.  Gateway to the Rockies and ski country.  I also know a half dozen places in town to get a mean bowl of spicey green chili with big chunks of pork—a true piece of American culinary genius that rivals just about anything.  But a hockey town?  Nope.  Never was.  Probably never will be.

My last visit to the Ass Can, I saw Denver Dive fans wearing Red Wing tee shirts on which they had ironed on the word “Suck” under the words “Red Wings”.  I pointed at them and laughed when they passed by because that’s when you know you’ve taken up residence in the space between their ears.  They’re obsessed.  Not with their own team, mind you, but with ours—and their fans were all too willing to prove the point.  Dater’s kinda cute when he gets his depends in a stew though.

LGRW!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 12/30/11 at 11:30 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

The “win this game” Wink. I love the Mick!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 12/30/11 at 11:32 PM ET

Wow, you’re a little late.  Seems like I said the rivalry was long dead two years ago when Franzen was preparing to sweep Col. and you blasted me for it.  I said: Why would anyone hate this Avalanche team?  Every single one of you bums ripped on me.  My how times have changed.

Of course, you’re still holding a grudge against the ‘Hawks even though the evil Hawk leader from those nasty 90s teams became your favorite adopted son.  I guess you’re still missing a few marbles.

Posted by jkm2011 on 12/30/11 at 11:33 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

An all rookie 4th line.  Big opportunity.  Seize the moment, guys.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 12/30/11 at 11:35 PM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

What did Toews do to get stuck with Carcillo on his line?

Probably didn’t laugh at some joke since he’s so serious all the time.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 12/30/11 at 11:35 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

pregame song is being sung.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 12/30/11 at 11:36 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Posted by jkm2011 on 12/30/11 at 08:33 PM ET

Nice to see you’re fascinated by our every move.  Should we get a restraining order?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 12/30/11 at 11:37 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I’m in. howabout another win?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 12/30/11 at 11:38 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Evenin’ Bitches!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 12/30/11 at 11:39 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Game on

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 12/30/11 at 11:39 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Murph said “shcore”. In the bag.

Posted by Rdwings28 on 12/30/11 at 08:17 PM ET

Bag it.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 12/30/11 at 11:39 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

BH radio announcers said tonight’s game has the largest attendance for the season.

game on bitches.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 12/30/11 at 11:39 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Detroit Sucks!!!!!!!!

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 12/30/11 at 11:39 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Datsyuk picking on another punk bitch.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 12/30/11 at 11:40 PM ET