Abel to Yzerman

Scoring Needed, Defense Too

Franzen, Alfredsson, Weiss then everyone else.

All three of the above will be looked to for scoring especially while Zetterberg and Datsyuk are out of the lineup.

Here is how the power play will look like tonight...  Weiss, Franzen and Abdelkader with Kronwall and Alfredsson on the point.  The second unit-  Helm, Nyquist and Tatar up front with Kindl and Samuelsson on the back end.

Scoring could be an issue which means the defensive zone play must improve, including the play of Jimmy Howard.

We are about to find out how this version of the DRW will play-out.

It's a live blog bitches!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Zqto's avatar

That Samuelsson on the second PP…  Is that for real?!?
You know what’s even worse? They look better than the first PP unit

Holy…
Its gonna be painfull

I wish it was cold here, so I could watch this game from under a blanket! But its freaking Sahara Desert weather over here

Posted by Zqto on 12/04/13 at 08:23 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

My sphincter says time to pucker,  but my heart still has hope

No more whammies, hockey gods

and GO WEISSERMAN

Posted by Hootinani on 12/04/13 at 08:24 PM ET

Thanks, Boss.

And Jobu can fuch himself.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 12/04/13 at 08:30 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

We are about to find out how this version of the DRW will play-out.

It’s a live blog bitches!

Hope you’re feeling better today Paul, and, thanks for being the Gate-keeper. (Again)

One more thing is how well the Coaches handle this. They draw up the plans. Now, lets all hope like hell it pans. The Flyers are ready to pounce.  Bitches.

Let’s Roll!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 12/04/13 at 08:31 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Paul!

Glad to be here with you all!

Won’t be the same without the magic of Pavel and Zetterberg for sure, but still hoping the other Wings, bring their own shenanigan magic for a Win!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 12/04/13 at 08:33 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I am feeling much better Kate, thanks.

Enjoy the game and I am not sure what to expect tonight.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/04/13 at 08:39 PM ET

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer’s chair on 12/04/13 at 07:33 PM ET

Maybe you’ll wear the hot pink bikini for good luck, yes?

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 12/04/13 at 08:52 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Evening Bitches!

What’s with the late start anyway…  harumph!

Posted by SnLO from the sub great-white north on 12/04/13 at 08:54 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Where’s the bartender?

(where are you, zqto?)

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 12/04/13 at 08:56 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

*pleasebetheNBCVERSUSOLNSportsb-teampleasebetheNBCVERSUSOLNSportsb-teampleasebetheNBCVERSUSOLNSportsb-teampleasebetheNBCVERSUSOLNSportsb-teampleasebetheNBCVERSUSOLNSportsb-teampleasebetheNBCVERSUSOLNSportsb-teampleasebetheNBCVERSUSOLNSportsb-teampleasebetheNBCVERSUSOLNSportsb-teampleasebetheNBCVERSUSOLNSportsb-teampleasebetheNBCVERSUSOLNSportsb-teampleasebetheNBCVERSUSOLNSportsb-teampleasebetheNBCVERSUSOLNSportsb-team*

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 12/04/13 at 08:58 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Also, thanks for the “bitches,” Emperor.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 12/04/13 at 09:00 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I’m in. This could be ugly, but I’m in.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 12/04/13 at 09:00 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Evening Bitches!

What’s with the late start anyway…  harumph!

Posted by SnLO from the sub great-white north on 12/04/13 at 07:54 PM ET

Versus calling the shots apparently.  Yippee.

And I hear Emerick.  Guess that means Ice Patch Eddie as well, and the douche canoe.  Maybe I should watch on mute tonight.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 12/04/13 at 09:01 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Hejsan Svejsan Bitches !!! Let’s Go Red Wings..!!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 12/04/13 at 09:02 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Shit.

Doc I can handle.

Olzsuck and The Canoe I can’t.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 12/04/13 at 09:02 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

This could be ugly, but I’m in.

That’s what she said.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 12/04/13 at 09:02 PM ET

Maybe I should watch on mute tonight.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 12/04/13 at 08:01 PM ET

Me, too.  The DC fellating of Giroux and Coburn is gonna be excessively perverse.  Mute it is.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 12/04/13 at 09:03 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Evenin’ bitches.  No Z, no Pav?  Is it time for stress vomiting?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 12/04/13 at 09:03 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Oh right, Flyers means NBC… damnit. As if we needed another setback right now.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 12/04/13 at 09:04 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Doc I can handle.

Not a fan.  His voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me, and his sayings are dumb.

I bet we hear about the “lively boards at the Joe” in the first 30 seconds.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 12/04/13 at 09:04 PM ET

Shit.

Doc I can handle.

Olzsuck and The Canoe I can’t.

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 12/04/13 at 08:02 PM ET

Doc becomes annoying by association.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/04/13 at 09:04 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I am feeling much better Kate, thanks.

Enjoy the game and I am not sure what to expect tonight.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/04/13 at 07:39 PM ET

Glad to hear your feeling better. I hope we both can enjoy the game and the outcome.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 12/04/13 at 09:04 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Look, the “not a #1 defender”.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 12/04/13 at 09:05 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I bet we hear about the “lively boards at the Joe” in the first 30 seconds.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 12/04/13 at 08:04 PM ET

Should start a Doc Emerick Drinking Game… every time he says “Drive,” “Spirited along,” “Waffleboarded away,” etc…

... shoot yourself in the face. That’s what I’ll be doing.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 12/04/13 at 09:06 PM ET

brb, 19.  Dinner time here in the SYF household.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 12/04/13 at 09:07 PM ET

sjketcheson's avatar

Time for the team to step up. LGRW

Posted by sjketcheson from the floor of the Hasek on 12/04/13 at 09:08 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Doc becomes annoying by association.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/04/13 at 08:04 PM ET

I mean, I can handle him every once in a while, but the longer the game goes, the more I want to play The Game.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 12/04/13 at 09:08 PM ET

Most penalized and least penalized doesn’t mean anything.  Look at times shorthanded idiots.  Philly 3rd, Detroit tied for 5th.  Not to mention Detroit’s been shorthanded 18 more times than they’ve been on the PP, Philly shorthanded only 9 more times.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/04/13 at 09:10 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Oh look, Harnel tryiing to start shit already, and with Nyquist of all people. what a phucknugget.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 12/04/13 at 09:11 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Hartmell the goon just nudged Nyquist. Punk bitch.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 12/04/13 at 09:11 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

(where are you, zqto?)

Posted by Guilherme

São Paulo, São Paulo
Freaking hot here… Must be around 30ºC or something like that, this late at night

Aaaaand, I got the douchebag station on Gamecenter Live… I hate them so much, this is becoming a night from hell!!

Posted by Zqto on 12/04/13 at 09:13 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Gotta love a dude whose name is pronounced “ROFL”

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 12/04/13 at 09:18 PM ET

This is worse then nails on a chalkboard.  Rather hear the Avs crew.

Posted by maltby18 on 12/04/13 at 09:18 PM ET

sjketcheson's avatar

Damn! Managed to go 28 games without hearing these clowns…

Posted by sjketcheson from the floor of the Hasek on 12/04/13 at 09:18 PM ET

perfection's avatar

yeah, talk about unpredictable. while I can see us losing easily without our two best players, I also could see us blowing these guys out because, its easy to forget how good everyone else has actually been playing since Dats has been out. Big games from Weiss, Franz, Howie and Smith would do a TON to mitigate the losses.

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 12/04/13 at 09:18 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Doctor Cock. Call him Doctor Cock.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 12/04/13 at 09:21 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Once again, the forwards not supporting the D, and the D not even looking to skate it themselves. This could be a long nite.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 12/04/13 at 09:22 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Babs: ‘It’s aboot grabb’n your opportunities. You get a chance, then grab it.
... I really like our team.’

... or something like that, aye?

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/04/13 at 09:23 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Call him Doctor Cock.

close enough.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 12/04/13 at 09:23 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Maybe you’ll wear the hot pink bikini for good luck, yes?
Posted by SYF from minding the gap on 12/04/13 at 07:52 PM ET

Wow, someone has a good memory…..It’s pretty cold out for that kind of attire, unless your inside of course…...But I can step up for the team…. smile

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 12/04/13 at 09:25 PM ET