Abel to Yzerman

Scary Times

Sometimes, on days like today, when the neighborhood kids are running around bloated and sugar-amped on Charleston Chews, I like to pretend my friend Willy Wonka is wobbling the streets handing out candy and wishes, along with half-off coupons to down river strip clubs where the fire trucks park on hot days and the puppies frolic without cares in the world.

Holidays are for dreaming. Halloween is for pretend games. Well, I've got a dream and I pretend a lot.

Ready?

This site, MyNHLTradeRumors, had a little ditty in it yesterday about a certain former Captain returning home to the bosom he nestled in across three decades.

It's a rumor site and there is nothing of substance in there, but the thought made me feel warm on this crisp 64 degree Florida night.

Do I believe Steve Yzerman would come "home" to Detroit? Yes.

Do I believe the Wings will shit can the worst GM in hockey, thereby opening an avenue for that return? No.

Is it something to consider for the distant future? Probably.

Are the Wings playing tonight? Yes.

Are you enjoying this interrogation? Me either.

Stupid.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.

Happy Halloween, LGRW and FKHASAP.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Hockeyful's avatar

FKHASP but with the ahhh 9 ( shudder wince FUIRMA ) NTC he has marked his territory.

Green/Mrazek =$10M but even if the kids take a one year contract and split the 10M it gives us precious little cap room.

So how do we depose his long term mess and him?

Purple Gang and the wet side of the Joe?

Posted by Hockeyful from The Best Beach in America on 10/31/17 at 04:53 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

just win.

L.G.R.W.

... and here’s to hoping JV gets his ring tonite.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/31/17 at 05:39 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 10/31/17 at 05:43 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Need a win before going on an eight day road trip. confused

Posted by bigfrog on 10/31/17 at 05:56 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Hejsan Allesammans !!    Happy Halloween

L.G.R.W.  Clap Clap Clap

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/31/17 at 06:29 PM ET

calquake's avatar

It’s a great Halloween night for a hockey game.  L.G.R.W.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/31/17 at 06:34 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I’d rather FJBASAP…

... but what do I know.

Actually, I do know I want a win tonight. That’s about it.

Posted by RedMenace from Fuck Cancer on 10/31/17 at 06:34 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

It’s a great Halloween night for a hockey game.  L.G.R.W.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 10/31/17 at 07:34 PM ET

Quake, I sent you a PM a couple of weeks ago, you should totally read it. :-p

Posted by RedMenace from Fuck Cancer on 10/31/17 at 06:35 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

game on

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/31/17 at 06:39 PM ET

LGRW

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 10/31/17 at 06:39 PM ET

calquake's avatar

NyQuilll!!!

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/31/17 at 06:41 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

1-0 Goose. grin

Posted by bigfrog on 10/31/17 at 06:41 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

NIKE!!!!!!

1-0

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/31/17 at 06:41 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Well that’s a good way to start.

Let’s keep it going, Nike.

Posted by RedMenace from Fuck Cancer on 10/31/17 at 06:42 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

In Nyquist we trust…LGRW

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/31/17 at 06:42 PM ET

Nyquil thinking about streaking

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 10/31/17 at 06:42 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

2-0 Glennie. LOL

Posted by bigfrog on 10/31/17 at 06:43 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Haha, wow. Cool Hand Luke with the rip.

That was a nice shot.

Posted by RedMenace from Fuck Cancer on 10/31/17 at 06:44 PM ET

Wow, this goalie’s in trouble

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 10/31/17 at 06:44 PM ET

calquake's avatar

You know it’s a scary game when Glendenning scores.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/31/17 at 06:44 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

LUKE!!!!!!!!

2-0

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/31/17 at 06:44 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Holland should see if Phoenix is interested in Mrazek.. like maybe before the 2nd petiod

Posted by Down River Dan on 10/31/17 at 06:45 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Glennie score..Yeah.. LGRW

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/31/17 at 06:45 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Holy shit, Kronwall actually Kronwalled someone.

It’s been a while, eh?

Posted by RedMenace from Fuck Cancer on 10/31/17 at 06:47 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

a Kron-Wall !

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/31/17 at 06:47 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Quake, I sent you a PM a couple of weeks ago, you should totally read it. :-p

For some reason I never check my PM’s.  Sorry I missed it. Glad we agree.  The only lawyers I know in Idaho wear sheets but not on Halloween.  cheese

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/31/17 at 06:47 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Hooking penalty to AA. cannot let them into the game. sick

Posted by bigfrog on 10/31/17 at 06:49 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 10/31/17 at 07:47 PM ET

Just wanted to clear that up… didn’t want you to think I’m dumber than I actually am.

I don’t know if I get that reference, but I’ll take your word for it. wink

Posted by RedMenace from Fuck Cancer on 10/31/17 at 06:50 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

You know, Nielsen and Helm are a really good PK pair.

Posted by RedMenace from Fuck Cancer on 10/31/17 at 06:50 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Holland should see if Phoenix is interested in Mrazek

It’s just MHO but I’d offer Mrazk or Jimmah along with AA for Ekman-Larsson and Coyotes 1st rounder this upcoming draft.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/31/17 at 06:51 PM ET

calquake's avatar

didn’t want you to think I’m dumber than I actually am.

Nah, you’ve always been a good guy.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/31/17 at 06:52 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 10/31/17 at 07:51 PM ET

I’ve actually done a few Armchair GM scenarios on Capfriendly like that; sending Mrazek, Ouellet/Jensen, and a pick for OEL.

But I’m no GM.

Posted by RedMenace from Fuck Cancer on 10/31/17 at 06:53 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Nah, you’ve always been a good guy.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 10/31/17 at 07:52 PM ET

You too, mate.

Posted by RedMenace from Fuck Cancer on 10/31/17 at 06:54 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

and

But I’m no GM.

come on, guys ... trades are hard

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/31/17 at 06:57 PM ET

calquake's avatar

But I’m no GM.

Me either but we can do better than our current GM according to some posters around these parts. smile

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/31/17 at 06:57 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

A little ‘Denning on ‘Denning violence there.

Nice save by Wedgewood.

Posted by RedMenace from Fuck Cancer on 10/31/17 at 06:57 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Boy, this Phoenix team is pretty bad…

Posted by Down River Dan on 10/31/17 at 06:57 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Boy, this Phoenix team is pretty bad…

Posted by Down River Dan on 10/31/17 at 07:57 PM ET

I was just thinking this is the worst team i’ve ever seen.

Posted by MoreShoot on 10/31/17 at 06:58 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I was just thinking this is the worst team i’ve ever seen.

You must be young.  Many of us could tell you horror stories of the “Dead Things”.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 10/31/17 at 07:01 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I was just thinking this is the worst team i’ve ever seen.

Posted by MoreShoot on 10/31/17 at 07:58 PM ET

They’ve got some decent pieces - especially on the back end - but injuries have absolutely destroyed any potential they had.

Posted by RedMenace from Fuck Cancer on 10/31/17 at 07:02 PM ET