Abel to Yzerman

Roll The Dice…One More Time

South Detroit doesn't exist.  Many richards have told us that many times.  Something about geography and bottled water. I don't know the precise equation, having dropped out of Northern before I could attain my prestigious associate's degree in advanced Pharmacy.

Physically, it's a myth.

But spiritually, in a place where we live that is not real life, it's everything.  It's less than a minute to go and it's a Wing lead in a game that means way too much to way too many.

Steve Perry has been replaced by a young Filipino who sounds exactly like his predecessor. It's weird.  But it doesn't matter. It could be Al Sobotka singing it. It just doesn't matter. It's the timing.  That's everything.

I need to hear that song.  Tonite.

Two weeks ago we were at some middle school function. There was a band. They were not very good, but don't tell them I said that.  They were playing a song with flutes and recorders and silly drums.  Somebody had a trumpet.  I recognized the tune but I couldn't place it.  My wife, who knows every Wing score before I watch the game on DVR but somehow doesn't give away the result and do you have any idea how hard that would be? She nudged me and said, "that's got to be an omen."

It was that song.  I know. Like I've said...it's cheesy.  But holy hell if it isn't the greatest thing ever because when we hear it, you know the end is nigh.

We need to hear that song. Tonite.

It's a Live Blog, bitches. For all that's good in this world, baby Jesus.  You adorable, drooling, swaddled and innocent little bundle of Helm.  Do it. Give us this game. We'll be good. I promise.

1 to the WCF.  5 to the Burning.  9 to 12.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›      Next »

WestWing's avatar

“Edzo suck my balls you stinking pile of douche residue”

I’d love to hear Doc explain to the viewers at home what the Detroit crowd was chanting.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/27/13 at 08:54 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

oh…smooch…whatever…both would be awesome with 19,000 people chanting it

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/27/13 at 08:54 PM ET

detroitredwings's avatar

I know but it beats the shit outa the NBC tools

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 05/27/13 at 08:53 PM ET

that’s exactly why I’m watching it:)

Posted by detroitredwings on 05/27/13 at 08:56 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Alright, while we got intermission time:

Thank you to every who serves or has served.  It’s because of you we can grill out in 52F rainy weather, and then come in and yell at the TV at Olczyk while screaming profanities at the refs.  And that we can have puppies and fire trucks and hookers.

Thank you.

Posted by Primis on 05/27/13 at 08:56 PM ET

monkey's avatar

And it’s a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG   WAFFFLE   NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/27/13 at 08:56 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

That shit needs to stop

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/27/13 at 08:49 PM ET

Indeed.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/27/13 at 08:57 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

we need some good intermission entertainment….LGRW

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 05/27/13 at 08:57 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Thank you.

You’re welcome.  I didn’t pay the ultimate price though.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/27/13 at 08:57 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Thank you.

Posted by Primis on 05/27/13 at 08:56 PM ET

Don’t see Chief around, but I’ll field it and I’m sure he has the same sentiment.

My Pleasure.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/27/13 at 08:57 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Limited postings due to my scholar athlete taking my laptop to study Calculus….and teh wife tells me he is at a BBQ. I texted him he is adopted….

BS call on that penalty.  Cawks have figured out how to score….jamm the blue paint dislodge the net and send it to Toronto.  GOAL!  Everytime…

Wings skating well.  Good pressure.

At one point they flashed the bench and I swear you could see a little bald headed guy on his knees. High def catches everything.

40 minute game…

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 05/27/13 at 08:58 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Douche Canoe and Douche Residue, together again.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/27/13 at 08:58 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/27/13 at 08:58 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

we need some good intermission entertainment….LGRW

Posted by Gary Bettman SUCK from Fort Myers, Florida on 05/27/13 at 08:57 PM ET

Not a ginger…but I’m sure ya’ll will forgive me

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/27/13 at 08:59 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Someone really needs to bring back up that Toews once wrapped his car around a support beam, and that there was never an explanation of any kind given, and it was just all swept under the rug.

#BecauseItsTheCup

Posted by Primis on 05/27/13 at 08:59 PM ET

behind the net in G.R.'s avatar

The next three goals are going to be huge. IMO the first one to three wins.

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 05/27/13 at 08:59 PM ET

monkey's avatar

He lost control of his car, man.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/27/13 at 08:59 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 05/27/13 at 08:59 PM ET

All. Is. Forgiven….

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 05/27/13 at 08:59 PM ET

Pugna Vox's avatar

I know but it beats the shit outa the NBC tools

No kidding. I can wait another minute or so if the announcers don’t make the logic center of my brain scream in agony. Bob’s getting ready for pasture, though. He’s sounding like a late career Pat Summerall.

Still, even Summerall’s corpse > Edzo

Posted by Pugna Vox from Idiot Out Wandering Around on 05/27/13 at 09:00 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by Primis on 05/27/13 at 08:59 PM ET

Impossible, Toes does not have a drivers license.  Never happened.  Welcome to Shitcago. Move along….

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 05/27/13 at 09:01 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

woow Love that one !! Thanx 42jeff

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 05/27/13 at 09:01 PM ET

monkey's avatar

suck my balls you stinking pile of douche residue

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/27/13 at 09:02 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

?w=500&h=666

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/27/13 at 09:02 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I keep wishing for CBC feed and then you guys remind me about Bob Cole.

I won’t lie, every time his name comes up I stop wishing for the CBC feed.

Posted by Primis on 05/27/13 at 09:02 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/27/13 at 09:04 PM ET

monkey's avatar

There’s a feed with Summerall’s corpse?  Link?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/27/13 at 09:04 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 05/27/13 at 09:04 PM ET

Where has that flag been?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/27/13 at 09:05 PM ET

Primis's avatar

“No carry-over penalties, no power plays”...

Captain Redundant of the Redundant Dept. of Redundancy everyone.

Posted by Primis on 05/27/13 at 09:06 PM ET

monkey's avatar

“No carry-over penalties, no power plays”...

No penalty kills, no special teams.  No one in the box.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/27/13 at 09:06 PM ET

Pugna Vox's avatar

There’s a feed with Summerall’s corpse?  Link?

If you would have joined me in the Ibogaine….

Posted by Pugna Vox from Idiot Out Wandering Around on 05/27/13 at 09:07 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

L.G.R.W clap…clap…clap

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 05/27/13 at 09:07 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

And one for the ladies….I hear he’s a French model

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/27/13 at 09:07 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

What a weak call… again.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 05/27/13 at 09:07 PM ET

Oh that’s horrible

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 05/27/13 at 09:07 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Come on! Zebra suckage!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/27/13 at 09:07 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Ugh.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 05/27/13 at 09:07 PM ET

Primis's avatar

God, already with the penalty?

Posted by Primis on 05/27/13 at 09:08 PM ET

monkey's avatar

LET’S GO RED WINGS

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/27/13 at 09:08 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Wow….that’s a penalty?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/27/13 at 09:08 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

so I guess that whole thing in the rulebook about “if the player makes himself vulnerable at the moment of the hit it’s not a penalty” doesn’t count if it’s a Wing throwing the hit.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/27/13 at 09:08 PM ET

SandysWingingit's avatar

Figures… Mule finally hits someone… and gets a penalty for it.

Posted by SandysWingingit on 05/27/13 at 09:08 PM ET