Abel to Yzerman

Remembering the Joe With Osrt and Jules

We're going to get into this more tomorrow.  But, I've got to tell you, the best night I ever spent at Joe Louis Arena was with one of you, one of the 19.

Two straight goals from Sammy and Osrt is pretending he’s Robert DeNiro in Cape Fear.  He’s talking but I can’t understand a word he says, and it has nothing to do with the volume at the Joe.  Two goals in a Stanley Cup Final game from the Enigma Jr., William Tell, our whipping boy…and it’s just too much.  Osrt’s lost it completely.  He’s turned a napkin into a paper football and he’s asking Pen fans to hold their index fingers up so he can kick an extra point.

That's just a taste. More tomorrow. That was Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final in 2008. I went to Detroit with two tickets. One of my friends had to back out. I posted on A2Y that I had an extra and Osrt responded in less than a minute. The rest was history that we'll recap tomorrow. I'm not even going to link to that recap. Tomorrow. On the Joe's Final Day.

It's a Live Blog, you bitches and the Wings have this one at Bet365, no ptoblem at all.

LGRW.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Good times and good memories!

Thanks Chief!

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/08/17 at 06:58 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

It’s hard to believe I’ve been hanging around here for almost 10 years. All good, because of the company I keep.

Here’s to 19 of the finest Detroit Red Wings Fans that have ever lived and died with our Team.

Here’s to Gramps. We miss you still.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/08/17 at 07:01 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Amen, Kate

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/08/17 at 07:02 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Testify, Captain!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/08/17 at 07:03 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Credit where credit is due. Thank you nhl gamecenter live for broadcasting the pre-game.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/08/17 at 07:11 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Karen is doing a double. Where’s RWBill? wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/08/17 at 07:13 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Hola bitches. Someone throw some water on RW. Karen in the house.
Amen Lady Kate.  Best fake friends evah. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 04/08/17 at 07:14 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Back from my self imposed exile for the last games at the Joe.  I’ll miss you ya big lug.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 04/08/17 at 07:15 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

All those fresh young faces on the ice. Me likey.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/08/17 at 07:15 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

he even drops the puck perfectly.

Posted by MoreShoot on 04/08/17 at 07:17 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Since 1939 season tickets holders. Wow!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/08/17 at 07:17 PM ET

Game on

L.G.R.W

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/08/17 at 07:19 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

realize we may be watching the last two games for DDK. If Detroit protects XO, Jensen, and Green, DDK could go to LV.

Posted by MoreShoot on 04/08/17 at 07:19 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Youse guys are the best! Hey Quaker! Glad you could make it. You too CN.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/08/17 at 07:19 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

So glad to hear from ya Cal and Captain. And as always,Kate

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 04/08/17 at 07:22 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Where else to commune with friends on the internet would I be?  I’m in reprobate heaven.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 04/08/17 at 07:24 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Evenin’ Bitches!
So many great times associated with the Joe and The 19.

Karen is trying to hide that gray but she’s still a bitchin’ babe and can knock out two national anthems as well as anyone.  Good luck tomorrow, Karen, and opening the LCA.

Posted by RWBill on 04/08/17 at 07:24 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I’m ok with DDK gone More.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 04/08/17 at 07:25 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Hejsan Y’all !!

Let’s Go Red Wings… Clap Clap Clap   wink

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 04/08/17 at 07:25 PM ET

Nice, Razr

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/08/17 at 07:26 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

didn’t realize until about a week ago that there could be a market for incentivizing Vegas as to which exposed player they take.

Posted by MoreShoot on 04/08/17 at 07:29 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Some reason I decided to select the CBC broadcast not FSD and Bob Cole is doing a great job representing the Wings and JLA history.

Posted by RWBill on 04/08/17 at 07:30 PM ET

So, “oops, I didn’t mean to run over the goalie so it’s not interference, right?”  Still trying to figure that play out.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/08/17 at 07:31 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I wouldn’t miss the last couple at the Joe, CN. Life and the move to the Eastern Conference have diminished my LB participation, but I’ll always be a 19.

Here’s to the Joe, we hardly knew ye. Cheer Redolent Reprobates!

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/08/17 at 07:32 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Lots of fans are on Sheahan’s case because his plus/minus is - 31 but Larkin is a - 28 also, yikes!

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 04/08/17 at 07:33 PM ET

calquake's avatar

51!!!!

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 04/08/17 at 07:35 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Nielsen 1-0. grin

Posted by bigfrog on 04/08/17 at 07:35 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Nice backhand roof job!!!

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/08/17 at 07:36 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

That’s how you do it.. yihaaaaa

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 04/08/17 at 07:36 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

They are not going to take the boards to the new building???? WTF!!!

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/08/17 at 07:37 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Nielsen with a roofer.
The team ought to buy Sheehan a green jacket for his “masterful ” minus statistic.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 04/08/17 at 07:39 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I leave the room and Neilsen scores.

Neilsen!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/08/17 at 07:42 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I leave the room and Neilsen scores.

Neilsen!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/08/17 at 07:42 PM ET

Go hit the head or fix a snack in the kitchen. We need a two goal lead. grin

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/08/17 at 07:43 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Nielsen with a roofer.

He’s really a golfer, playing hockey. wink  And he’ll be on the links come Monday.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/08/17 at 07:45 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Is it wrong to root for the Bolts and hope the Laffs fall into 9th?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/08/17 at 07:45 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Is it wrong to root for the Bolts and hope the Laffs fall into 9th?

That what we’ve been discussing in my house all week long. Imma going to root for tha Islanders.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/08/17 at 07:47 PM ET

Is it wrong to root for the Bolts and hope the Laffs fall into 9th?

If it is, I don’t want to be right.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/08/17 at 07:48 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I can’t wait to see Homer.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/08/17 at 07:52 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Homer in the First Intermission? NHL don’t screw me on gamecenterlive between periods, please.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/08/17 at 07:52 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I guess I’m a veteran Red Wings fan cause I remember these old names.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!