Abel to Yzerman

Remembering Can Be Fun

When Al Gore invented the internet back in 1973, I'm pretty sure he never envisioned the staying power a single post on a little Red Wing blog would have.  Today, as we prepare for a four game hurl fest?  I thought it might be nifty to look back a few months to January 19th, when I said something so genius, so Nostradamus-like in its accuracy, that I'm nearly breathless as I type this to you today from the A2Y home office in San Diego.

Read this and bathe in the warmth of my brilliance.

I believe this team is going to be prolific.  They'll lead the league in scoring, both even strength...and on the power play.  Oh my sweet baby Jesus. You drooling, babbling bundle of hope and leadership. You brought us one of your disciples and he, Tom Renney, will be our new god.  We will love him and bathe him in oils and praise.  Offensively, this team is going to be nearly unstoppable when Uncle Mike lets the kids play...

That was the day the season started.  The comment section is open for your praise.

See you tonite for the Live Blog.  Vomit.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

redxblack's avatar

Change the word LEAGUE to TEAM and you nailed it.

LGRW

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/22/13 at 01:03 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Your no pharmacist’s mate, eh?

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/22/13 at 01:07 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Remembering Can Be Fun

This IS fun. Me on RWB, 4th of July:

Se fosse em Pittsburgh, Chicago ou San Jose, estaríamos ferrados. Minnesota? Divirtam-se, caras, vão comer uma pizza e reunir as famílias e se aposentar juntos. E em maio, vão jogar golfe enquanto meu time compete pelo que realmente vale.

“Had Suter and Parise gone to Pittsburgh, Chicago or San Jose, we’d be screwed. Minnesota? Have fun, guys, enjoy your pizza, get your folks together and retire on the same day. And in May, you’ll be golfing while my team fights for a real prize”.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/22/13 at 01:11 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Oh hell.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/22/13 at 01:11 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Amazing foresight, Chief

Just think how we could ridicule you if the Wings had not already sewn up a playoff spot, and these last four games weren’t meaningless.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/22/13 at 01:13 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

2 goals a game if they’re on.  Could hardly ask for more.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/22/13 at 01:19 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

I anxiously await the final two minutes of regulation when the Wings and Yotes will be tied, of course, and I will alternate between dread that Jimmy will give it up and deny us a precious, celebratory point, and [the slightly warmer] dread that we will go to a SO.

Posted by MoreShoot on 04/22/13 at 01:26 PM ET

BC's avatar

We are as good as “in”.

Posted by BC on 04/22/13 at 01:29 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

blah.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 04/22/13 at 01:32 PM ET

Primis's avatar

My favorite part of this season has been the pundits crying “SEE!  I told you the Wings were too old!  I told you!”.  Hilarious stuff.

“But that defense is going to be the death of us and we all know it.  We must all understand this now: goals will be scored.  Ungodly numbers of them.  They will be ugly and they will be untimely.  We will suffer through them and the defense will improve, slowly.  They’re very young, you know.  Big E…I can’t even think about it. I’ve been avoiding the image of him on our top pairing.  Seriously.  That’s disgusting.  Fredo and White and E and Nik.  Rookies and “offensive defensemen”.  We will suffer.  But we will not suffer like our peers have before us.”

This actually has ended up being pretty accurate, Chief.  You just never saw DeSavior coming is all…  or the forwards never managing more than 2 goals.

Posted by Primis on 04/22/13 at 01:32 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by MoreShoot on 04/22/13 at 02:26 PM ET

The NHL, everyone!

Posted by Primis on 04/22/13 at 01:34 PM ET

Primis's avatar

BTW, and barely related, I like how googling “Shane Doan” images returns an inordinate amount of pictures of Homer Simpson being stupid.

Posted by Primis on 04/22/13 at 01:39 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

The Filpulator.  Hard on puck, tough on boards, lights-out shot.

I want what you’re on

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/22/13 at 01:39 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

But between here and HFBoards, you’d think the Wings were suddenly the Flames, and that there was a waiting list to leap from the Ambassador Bridge.
Posted by RedMenace from aboard the Crazy Train on 04/22/13 at 01:21 PM ET

That Matty Moroun will do anything to make a buck.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/22/13 at 01:54 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from aboard the Crazy Train on 04/22/13 at 01:21 PM ET

You probably shouldn’t read the comments on MLive then…

Posted by Primis on 04/22/13 at 01:56 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

I wish Bert would just play.  He’s all concerned that he not come in and be a bother, but he could, at the very least, get us a SO goal.  And he would be delivering a much needed demotion for Cleary.  All I want is one sizable forward who can hold on to the puck and make a play when he has it.

Posted by MoreShoot on 04/22/13 at 02:00 PM ET

Just fuching earn the two points, Wings.  Fuching earn it.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 04/22/13 at 02:11 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

That Matty Moroun will do anything to make a buck.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 04/22/13 at 02:54 PM ET

Gotta find some way to stay ahead, you know?

You probably shouldn’t read the comments on MLive then…

Posted by Primis on 04/22/13 at 02:56 PM ET

I have a couple of times, and let’s just say I don’t if I can help it. Sometimes it happens accidentally, but yeah.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/22/13 at 02:26 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

RSV!  This is fun, right?

Oh and just to make matters more fun, for the third consecutive week, we are expecting a boatload of snow tonight.

Sigh.

LGRW!

I BELIEVE!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 04/22/13 at 02:32 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I BELIEVE!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 04/22/13 at 03:32 PM ET

Thank you hockeychick.

Unless any of us can see into the future, I prefer to believe in making the playoffs. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/22/13 at 02:59 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Remembering is fun.  I found my post after that epic first game against the Blooz….“VooX!, make it a double and keep em coming…”  and it has not stopped since.

Just win. A liver is a turribul thing to waste.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 04/22/13 at 03:17 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Ready. Set. Vomit.

If we get zero points tonight it really will be like being down 3-0 in a playoff series.  PHX, DAL, and we will be tied at 48 points with 3 left, 3 points behind CBJ’s 8th place.

If we win, we jump above the CBJ glide slope with a game in hand.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/22/13 at 03:18 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

GF this month:

3,2,3,0,2,2,3,2,1 = 16 GF in 9 games (1.777 GF/G).  That’ll win a lot of games

Note, the three games with 3 GF were wins - - and the only wins this month!!!

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/22/13 at 04:04 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

1993 Maple Leafs Nikolai Borachevsky….....1994 San Jose Sharks Jamie Baker…....2001 LA Kings Adam Deadmarsh…

Just get in and let history be made.

No matter how cocky the Johnny come lately hawks fans may be, I bet bet deep down in his soul Quinville wants no part of the Wings.

The marketing boys always dream up some slogan come playoff time.
I say this years is ” Why Not the Wings?”

Posted by Down River Dan on 04/22/13 at 04:19 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Painful stuff right there.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/22/13 at 04:29 PM ET

FranzensMouthguard's avatar

So close Chief, SO CLOSE

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 04/22/13 at 04:33 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I’ve been out of town and out of touch for a week. Should be home tonight in time to see part of the game.

I’m in. All in. All week. Even with vomit in my mouth.

LET’S GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/22/13 at 04:35 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Very realistic analogy RW regarding the importance of this game. The advertisements on my screen are for drug and alcohol Rehab. Is this an omen?  Hopefully after a long playoffs run. Hey I am trying to stay positive. One day at a time.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/22/13 at 04:55 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

I’m cracking one then taking the kid to a batting and pitching lesson.
Be around part way through the LB.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/22/13 at 05:00 PM ET

gowings's avatar

“Fear not.  Tonight we roll out secret weapon - The Filpulator.  Hard on puck, tough on boards, lights-out shot.”

Yep, I also want what you are drinking…..hilarious! You should try writing something on each player like that….I will need some positive entertainment after tonight’s game:(

Posted by gowings from MTL on 04/22/13 at 05:00 PM ET

BC's avatar

Posted by gowings from MTL on 04/22/13 at 06:00 PM ET

I am just sayin’ - I think the guy has been holding back for one epic night at the Joe.  And this is it.

Medicinal heroin….............check.

Go, Wings!  you tempestuous S.O.B.‘s

Posted by BC on 04/22/13 at 05:08 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

I’m cracking one then taking the kid to a batting and pitching lesson.

Had to laugh MO…one of those “Here kid, hold my beer and watch this” moments flashed thru my warped brain!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 04/22/13 at 05:18 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Oh someone please tell the boys to wake up in time. Like one hour from now. And then.. a full 60 minutes. Z better get his team in shape.. say something. Get mad.. I don’t know.. Be a Fuching Captain. Light fires to those asses of those that needed.

Mulesless has been.. not bad at all. Gusty.. Not bad either.. Hell, that line has been decent. Everyone else.. mostly.. W.T.F.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/22/13 at 05:25 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Hell no Rummie… I am paying to watch him workout with an instructor. Flippin’ $45 per 30 mins…. I need a beer to talk myself into paying for that isht.
Nah… lil dude is worth every penny.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/22/13 at 05:26 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

I am paying to watch him workout with an instructor. Flippin’ $45 per 30 mins….

Did the same with mine yesterday Mo.  Money well spent.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 04/22/13 at 05:50 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by

BC

on 04/22/13 at 06:08 PM ET

When Capt. Stokes used to bring me my demoral shot he’d be like “Alright Sorensen, here comes Dr. Feelgood”

Some demorol would definitely make tonights game watchable

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/22/13 at 06:16 PM ET