Abel to Yzerman

Ready? You’re In Tonight

No Chief in tonight, instead it is me, Paul, pretending to be the Chief.

Game starts just after 1930 hours, I think.

And I think the rudder is in the water, so off we go.

Oh, he just called, forgot, I will leave it up to him to explain why he forgot.  He'll appear soon.

It's a Live Blog Bit#$#$...

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 6 7 8

MsRedWinger's avatar

I remember seeing video of Pav when he was playing in the KHL during the lockout.  He looked pretty damned happy.  It was painful to watch at the time, because I was so mad about the lockout.  But now I’m thinking - why would he want to re-sign in the NHL when he and Z have to carry this team on their backs night after night after night?  And in Pav’s case, he seems to always be stuck centering whatever line Babcock is experimenting with.  I wouldn’t blame him a bit if he left after this season.

I didn’t see the TV broadcast last night, so didn’t know Mickey was talking about it until I read Kate’s post just now.  Sounds like there’s no need for us to even wonder. Sad.

I am wondering what kind of contract offer Jimmah could possibly be expecting.  Believe me, I’m painfully aware of all the suck that’s been going on in front of him, but in each of the last three games that the Wings led by 2 goals and then lost, wasn’t there at least ONE goal that he should have stopped?  I don’t think he’s as sharp as he was last year at all.  And that makes me sad because I really like the guy and thought, the past two seasons, that maybe he was going to be the goaltender none of us ever thought he could be.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/22/13 at 12:21 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/22/13 at 12:21 PM ET

Pav looks like he’s even more inventive and free spirited after playing in the KHL a few months.

I suspect Mick was just idly repeating what someone blogged, which these days things get repeated so quickly and often that they become accepted as fact, regardless of factual basis.  Let’s see in 2014.  He’ll be 36 then?? Is that possible?  Crapola.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/22/13 at 04:18 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Arthur Staple @StapeNewsday

#Isles will place Rick DiPietro on waivers at noon.
4:19 PM - 22 Feb 13

What? The franchise goalie and the one time Next Big Thing?  The career of a goalie is like a roller coaster.  When you think of it, there are so few like Brodeur or Kiprusoff who are so consistent and reliable that they are the acknowledged backbone of the team for a long time.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/22/13 at 04:24 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Do you believe in miracles?

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/22/13 at 04:34 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Do you believe in miracles?

I do.  Unfortunately I do not see any on the horizon for this seasons Wings.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/22/13 at 07:15 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Dear Justin Abdelkader,
If you score a goal I bequeath to you my second borne.
Default title upload by motoblur

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/22/13 at 07:38 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Said Zetterberg: “You just got to stay positive, stay together and work on the things that are not good.’‘

This flashed through my mind - and that doesn’t take long as there’s not a lot in the way - after the loss to Columbus, I wonder if deep inside these players now they do not believe they can win.

“The whole key is be confident,’’ Babcock said.

“It wasn’t long ago when we were feeling pretty good about ourselves. Now you come in here today and the big thing is don’t let it be energy-draining. Be positive and be mentally tough.”

Players aren’t questioning their effort. They say they’re just not executing at the right times.

“It’s not for lack of effort or working hard,’’ said goaltender Jimmy Howard, who will start on Saturday. “It’s just little things here and there that you know if you don’t do correctly it’ll cost you games.’‘

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/23/13 at 09:00 AM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 6 7 8