Abel to Yzerman

Quick Recap -Wings/Blues

Ted Kulfan is not with the team tonight, so I will toss it over to him.

via his tweets,

Vanek with his 15th goal early, with Hirose getting his 2nd NHL assist....Vanek putting in rebound of Hirose shot...1-0 #RedWings at 2:05 1st period

Sundqvist ties it 1-1 for STL at 11:46 1st period

Barbashev makes it 2-1 Blues at 3:22 2nd period scramble in front of Bernier

Barbashev with his 11th, 2nd tonight, puts Blues up 3-1 over #RedWings....8:16 2nd period

RedWings trail St. Louis 3-1 after 2 periods

Vanek with his 2nd of the night, 16th this season, cuts Blues lead to 3-2 at 8:46 3rd period...Bertuzzi great job battling in front of goalie Binnington

Maroon with his 9th goal, nice little pass off Thomas' skate set him up, and Blues have a 2-goal lead again,,4-2 lead over #RedWings

Barbashev ended the scoring with an empty net goal, Blues win 5-2.

Stats and goals are below and I will do the post-game in the morning.

Vanek.

Sundqvist.

After the 1st period.

Barbashev.

Barbashev.

Vanek.

Maroon.

Barbashev. ENG, not coming.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

bigfrog's avatar

As expected. Unfortunately. sick

Posted by bigfrog on 03/21/19 at 10:31 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

On the first Vanek goal, that was a nice pass out of the zone by Hronek.

I missed the third period but it doesn’t seem like I missed much. I think Larkin is still not even close to 100% and if that’s the case why in the hell is he out there?

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 03/22/19 at 08:06 AM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 03/22/19 at 08:06 AM ET

Couldn’t agree more, I want to see a Dylan Larkin out for season ticker asap, for precautionary reasons only obviously.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Holland Hate Hyperbole Town (HHHT) on 03/22/19 at 09:06 AM ET

Gotta make the playoffs.

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 03/22/19 at 09:29 AM ET

Tripwire32's avatar

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 03/22/19 at 08:06 AM ET

Put me in this camp. There’s nothing to play for. Why risk the player for pride.

Posted by Tripwire32 from Kay He Mar Heart on 03/22/19 at 09:39 AM ET

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 03/22/19 at 08:06 AM ET

He’s no where near 100% and he’s showing signs of frustration more often as well. Some questionable slashes and whacks behind the play, whacking his stick on the glass…. I know he’s a warrior and is going to lead by example and all that shit, but it’s time to pull the plug.

Posted by MZ2215 on 03/22/19 at 09:41 AM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Posted by MZ2215 on 03/22/19 at 09:41 AM ET
Posted by Tripwire32 from Kay He Mar Heart on 03/22/19 at 09:39 AM ET

I do not get it. With 8 games left you do pull the plug on the kid. I don’t care if he is kicking and screaming to want to play. There is no way he is 100%, why risk the future?

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 03/22/19 at 10:13 AM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

why risk the future?

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 03/22/19 at 10:13 AM ET

Why risk the future, and why not improve the future!

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Holland Hate Hyperbole Town (HHHT) on 03/22/19 at 10:18 AM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

^^^^^Exactly Murray!

No lo se!

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 03/22/19 at 10:33 AM ET

I’ve liked what I’ve seen of Hirose.
Skates well, good coverage on the back check.

Kuffner still looks like he’s got nerves and is skating tight.

Posted by Ventr on 03/22/19 at 11:28 AM ET

bigfrog's avatar

I noticed the same about Larkin. If he is not 100% shut him down. confused

Posted by bigfrog on 03/22/19 at 12:52 PM ET

Anyone know if Kuffner was at another team’s camp last fall or is this his first time with bigger, faster players?

Posted by howeandhowe from Seattle on 03/23/19 at 12:09 PM ET