Abel to Yzerman

Polishing Off Glassware And Lubricating Livers, The Hasek Club Car Is Back In Business, Bitches

September isn’t October, but it sure beats the hell out of August.  At least to fans of the Detroit Red Wings, the greatest franchise in all of sports.

For the first time in years, we have a lot cap space to start the season at the same time as having too few spots on a roster with many players seeking to earn a spot.  And what would it all be without a place to revel in juvenile behaviour, crude insults, sharp commentary, and enough liquour to pickle the liver of everyone surfing the Gore?  That’s right, bitches, the Stress Train is back on track in 2011 and your humble bartender is back behind the bar dispensing cures for what ails you.

I’m not a pharmacist.  I’m not a journalist.  I’m barely coherent day-to-day.  But that won’t prevent me from keeping the doors open at A2Y.

I will spare you commentary for now, there is much we can and will discuss, but I will open up A2Y once again to your comments and sarcasm for the season.  Last season, I went through my own “offseason” induced by talking to Li’l Gary and the nausea he created in my gut.  After seriously considering never watching hockey again, I have decided to return.  Crack is a helluva drug, and watching the Red Wings may be marginally more addictive than it, so I couldn’t resist.

Besides, if all things continue as they are, we are in for another “Bettman Offseason” next summer as Li’l Gary pilots us towards another lockout.  Which means one very important thing:  2011-2012 will be the final season The Perfect Human, Nick Lidstrom, will lace up for the Red Wings.  And I simply can’t ignore the final season of the greatest hockey I’ve ever witnessed played by a defenceman.

I honestly don’t know what the Chief will be up to this season.  I will do my best to keep things going around here until he is back.  Despite being extremely busy with my own life and businesses, I want to ensure that the 19 have a place to call home this season, so I will be posting as often as my schedule allows me to.

Let loose with your comments here, bitches, the road to Cup #12 begins tonight, and I’m sure you have lots on your mind.

What are you drinking?

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 6 7 8

stonehands-78's avatar

FYI: LB over at TMR.

2-0 after 1.
Flip & Zatta

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 07:43 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Mursak out for 2 months, WTF?

That makes forward spots #13 AND #14 open for Emmerton, Johnson, and Bruno, and someone else.  Or they could only carry 13 forwards until Mursak recovers.

... non displaced ankle injury or break…

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 09/25/11 at 10:28 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

forever condemned to his drunken stupor, yelling “That’s Master Chief to you.” at everything he trips over.

how many times do you think he has seen Men of Honor?

“A Chief Petty Officer shall not drink. However, if he should drink he shall not get drunk. If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger. And if he should stagger, he shall not fall. And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner as to cover up his rank so that passerbyers will think he is an officer. “

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 09/26/11 at 09:57 PM ET

calquake's avatar

By the time calquake reads this he’ll be elbow deep in some sheep, or a hooker in Mio. Posted by RWBill from Imported from Detroit, 17 year home of Kris Draper on 09/21/11 at 07:13 PM ET/quote]

Aw hell, give me some credit Bill… she wasn’t that baaaaaaaad. cheese

Posted by calquake on 09/27/11 at 04:04 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

aww is this our first runaway italics thread of the new season?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 09/27/11 at 08:39 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

guess not lol

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 09/27/11 at 08:39 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 09/27/11 at 06:39 PM ET

I’m sure some are thinking, “TMI Cal, TMI”.  LOL

Posted by calquake on 09/28/11 at 12:07 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Intermission entertainment, non-intermission(!) edition:

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 09/28/11 at 12:19 AM ET

Pre-game with a nice 12-year single malt, and watch the tilts with cold Anchor Steam - the best brew from the Bay Area. Shotgun Bud Lights with every Wings goal, lace em up for the beer league nights and diesel some beers with the boys after the game. Great time of year!

Here’s to a return for all Wings fans and the beautiful game of hockey!

Posted by Jesters Dead on 09/28/11 at 05:51 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

LBs are on TMR now?

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 09/28/11 at 10:20 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

LBs are on TMR now?

Maybe just for the preseason(?)

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 09/29/11 at 12:31 AM ET