Abel to Yzerman

Panic On The Stress Train: The Wind Of November’s Come Stealin’

I've read George's stuff all day and I'll go ahead and be your huckleberry...it's depressing.

Up comes Nyquist.  Back comes Wally.  Stirs Shit With Big Wooden Spoon is sitting.

And Justin Abdelkader remains on the second line.  That is just...baffling.

This way west trip is everything.  If the Wings lose three it doesn't mean they're out of it, technically.  It just confirms what many of us suspect: the horizon is disgusting and the trade deadline means less than ever and 35-1 odds are actually accurate.

35-1 odds.  That's where Detroyet stands today, according to the wagering pharmacists.

We can argue it and scoff but it's steeped in fact.  The Wings have a butt-ton of road games and they can't win on the road.  The way west teams, and pretty much everybody, will brutalize this team because OH FOR THIRTY ANYTHING on the road PP is a good reason to take liberties.

It makes me sad. It does.  But a turnaround, a nice little junket to the provinces?  That could, you know, signal something nifty.  But it has to be now, and it has to be convincing, because the road--literally--gets no easier.

It's a Live Blog, you bitches.  And if you're not stressing now, you've resigned yourselves to this: mediocrity now, and maybe for the near future as long as the status quo remains behind the bench and upstairs where "kicking the tires" is, apparently, acceptable as long as you made a few cursory, empty, phone calls.

Howard's down with the flu.  Ian White is...what?  Felled by personal reasons? I don't care if the guy sits, but that's just...baffling.

Here we go.  If the turnaround's gonna happen, it starts tonite.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

IwoCPO's avatar

Not hanging it up Gabe.  Just gonna have to schedule well…like a big boy pharmacist.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 03/13/13 at 09:32 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I told my self all day, I was glad they were traveling west, because I don’t watch the west coast games, except on weekends.

Here I sit, remote in hand. A Wingoholic.

Posted by dougie on 03/13/13 at 09:30 PM ET

Oi, Dougles, any Southern 19 get-togethers at the cabin planned for this season?

I’m really only twice as obnoxious as I come across here when I’m drunk.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/13/13 at 09:33 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

ok, ok, RedMenace you are the dog, I mean the King of the 19 - (you can’t be the chief or the Emperior and we just had a Pope named, so…...HaHaHa

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 03/13/13 at 09:33 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Wait…Mick made the trip?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 03/13/13 at 09:33 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Evenin’ beotches

9:30 is my weeknight bedtime, so I’ll be listening to Ken Kal and Paul’s Wood.

The Wings will lose by eleven, and Paul’s will talk about a strong effort and coming up just short.

Sorry for the negativity, but this portion of the schedule scared the hell out of me when it came out in January.

Sorry, Kate, my whore mouth is shut now.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 03/13/13 at 09:33 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

(Yeah - I Hart Ken)

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 03/13/13 at 09:34 PM ET

klank's avatar

60 minutes, boys.  yes, Mickey is on my tellee!

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 03/13/13 at 09:34 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer’s chair on 03/13/13 at 09:33 PM ET

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Far from that, believe me. I’m not even the 19 court jester.

I’m just a lowly ginger, drinking Sangria and trying not to piss people off.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/13/13 at 09:34 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

mick takin this trip serious ... me, too.

two pointes tonighte

jimmy out, white out (“for personal reasons”?), tootoo out ...

lash in ...

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/13/13 at 09:35 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Wait…Mick made the trip?

He was the only one who could keep a straight face while defending Abby on Pavel’s wing.

Posted by dougie on 03/13/13 at 09:35 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Thanks Kate, I am not as quick witty as you, I bow to You!  Queen of the 19!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer’s chair on 03/13/13 at 09:30 PM ET

You’re too kind. I am more prone to being the Queen of the Bitches.

No offense to the rest of you bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/13/13 at 09:35 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Mick on a road trip to Western Canada?  Because of the fathers trip maybe?  Kinda confused…

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/13/13 at 09:36 PM ET

This is the last year the Wings will make a trip like this so I’m actually happy the Wings and FSD let the Mick ride with them.

Or Mick’s in the dressing room undressing the Wings with his angry stare.  In that case, I would stay clear of the Mick’s wrath.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/13/13 at 09:36 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

bathed in the last one

that’s alcohol abuse

Posted by MoreShoot on 03/13/13 at 09:37 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Wait…Mick made the trip?

Posted by Rumbear from the mean beaches of Sandy Eggo…... on 03/13/13 at 09:33 PM ET

Me likey. Let the food times roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/13/13 at 09:37 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

It’s the Abby line….Pavs is the Wing man.  Pope Babcock has spoken.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 03/13/13 at 09:39 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

It’s the Abby line….Pavs is the Wing man.  Pope Babcock has spoken.

Posted by Rumbear from the mean beaches of Sandy Eggo…... on 03/13/13 at 09:39 PM ET

I’d like my soul back, please.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/13/13 at 09:39 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Make sure to watch 14. He’ll probably be hot and barely on the ice (so that he can better watch Abby show him how a top six forward operates)

Posted by MoreShoot on 03/13/13 at 09:39 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Food=good. Hate the iPad.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/13/13 at 09:39 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

bathed in the last one

that’s alcohol abuse

Posted by MoreShoot on 03/13/13 at 09:37 PM ET

Eat me.  I drank it when I was done.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/13/13 at 09:39 PM ET

Me likey. Let the food times roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/13/13 at 09:37 PM ET

Did someone switch the “F” and “G” keys on your keyboard, Kate?  That’s just funny.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/13/13 at 09:40 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Strangest thing happened to me today. I farted, and some white smoke came out of my ass, and 15 minutes later there were 20,000 people standing in my front yard

Posted by dougie on 03/13/13 at 09:41 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Hejsan svejsan !!! Let’s Go Red Wing’s..Klapp Klapp klapp.!!  snake

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/13/13 at 09:41 PM ET

Gabriel's avatar

Glad to hear it, Chief. And hey, on the plus side, that means you’ll have more time to find synonyms for ‘confusing’ and ‘frustrating’ to describe whatever the hell’s going on with this team. Here, I’ll even offer one up:

Obnubilate.

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 03/13/13 at 09:41 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by dougie on 03/13/13 at 09:41 PM ET

Jesus Christ, that’s scary.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/13/13 at 09:42 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Pope Babcock has spoken.

Fucher thinks he’s infallible. He even wrote his own Bible. “Leave No Doubt.”

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/13/13 at 09:42 PM ET

Posted by dougie on 03/13/13 at 09:41 PM ET

Coach Babcock changed his name to “Pope McBitchalot.”

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/13/13 at 09:42 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Well, this should be interesting, I think.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/13/13 at 09:42 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Obnubilate.

GOOGLE just crashed…..

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 03/13/13 at 09:42 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Jesus Christ, that’s scary.

That’s what the Holy Ghost said.

Posted by calquake on 03/13/13 at 09:43 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Coach Babcock changed his name to “Pope McBitchalot.”

Posted by SYF from calquake’s low standards…verily on 03/13/13 at 09:42 PM ET

I guess “PopeCock” was already taken…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/13/13 at 09:44 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Has anyone read Bab’s book?

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/13/13 at 09:44 PM ET

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/13/13 at 09:46 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by SYF from calquake’s low standards…verily on 03/13/13 at 09:40 PM ET

Fuchin’ whore iPad.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/13/13 at 09:44 PM ET

Shouldn’t that be “Guchin’ whore iPad” ?

Posted by calquake on 03/13/13 at 09:46 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Next 3 goals are HUGE

Posted by dougie on 03/13/13 at 09:46 PM ET

Has anyone read Bab’s book?

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 03/13/13 at 09:44 PM ET

This one?

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/13/13 at 09:46 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

JIMMAHS in the room backing up….

A little to much detail there.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 03/13/13 at 09:46 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Drink every time Abby scores ... er ... every time he makes a play ... er ... every time he turns the puck over !!!

Posted by MoreShoot on 03/13/13 at 09:47 PM ET