Abel to Yzerman

Only 47 Left…Let’s Live Blog Most Of Them

Saturday night? That was the first Lang fight.  The Stallion showed a glimpse of push-back the first twenty seconds and then he was overwhelmed by the sheer, animal strength of the hungry challenger.  Don't forget. Clubber Lang lived alone, trained alone, ate alone, washed alone, raised pigeons alone and said horrible things to Adrian at an event that was supposed to be Rocky's Big Day.

And then he laid waste to Balboa.  Demoralized him.

Unlike Rocky III, perhaps the greatest true story in modern boxing history, I have little hope of a miracle.

Holy hell.  It wasn't just a "fail to compete," or a lot of lost "puck battles".  There was no competition and there was no battle.  That Blues team is really good.  And our Wings team is really, really mediocre.  Slow. We looked plodding compared to Clubber Lang.

I offer you no hope for 12. Not now.  Not after that.  Mickey's dead.  Adrian's lost faith.  All is lost.

Appollo?  We need you.  And bring that fat drunk Paulie with you.

It's a Live Blog.  With BJs.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›      Next »

RWBill's avatar

If this was the Wings of yesteryear I’dsay it’s time for a Columbus fluke goal after dominating 15 minutes.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/21/13 at 08:18 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Notice how Quizzno’s pile of shit sub got knocked on his ass by Boll, then made a “valiant” effort to stop the run on James?

Useless taint.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/21/13 at 08:18 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Hey 42Jeff you got any pics of that ginger in the Wendy’s commercial?

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 01/21/13 at 08:17 PM ET

Pro-tip: She’s not really a ginger.

Ask me how I know.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/21/13 at 08:18 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 01/21/13 at 08:18 PM ET

No, no you didnt

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/21/13 at 08:20 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Pro-tip: She’s not really a ginger.

Ask me how I know.

Okay, I’m gonna take the bait on this one. How do you know this?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/21/13 at 08:21 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

JIMMAH!

Go WINGS!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/21/13 at 08:22 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Okay, I’m gonna take the bait on this one. How do you know this?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/21/13 at 08:21 PM ET

Dem roots

I googled her when I first saw those commercials because I’m a ginger, and her ginger locks seemed too good to be true.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/21/13 at 08:23 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

In the years past the Wings make that outlet pass to the front of the net and it was always “no worries”. Now, the pucker factor is back…...clench 2, 3, 4…....

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 01/21/13 at 08:24 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

13 Shots on Goal.. Just short of the Total of.. Whatever day that was.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/21/13 at 08:24 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

They came to play.

Tootoo - - has heart.

Q can go rot in hell.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/21/13 at 08:24 PM ET

Brooklyn Deuce's avatar

Good 1st but no finish. A full 60 of this would be cheddar and warm beer.

Posted by Brooklyn Deuce from Fauborg Marigny on 01/21/13 at 08:25 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Okay, I’m gonna take the bait on this one. How do you know this?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/21/13 at 08:21 PM ET

Dem roots

I didn’t even know she was a liberal. cheese

Posted by calquake on 01/21/13 at 08:26 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Things are looking better.  We’re playing Columbus even, and they’re undefeated!

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/21/13 at 08:26 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 01/21/13 at 08:23 PM ET

Makes sense I suppose, but I gotta admit I was halfway hoping for something totally incriminating or at least disgustingly lewd.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/21/13 at 08:26 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/21/13 at 08:26 PM ET

Pfffft, I’m about as tame as it gets—just ask Dougie.

At least the 1st period tonight was significantly less shitty than last game’s.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/21/13 at 08:28 PM ET

shanetx's avatar

And during the intermission we’re forced to watch the AvP game; “No matter who wins, we lose.”

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 01/21/13 at 08:29 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

At least the 1st period tonight was significantly less shitty than last game’s.

Here’s a surprise, I’ll drink to that!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/21/13 at 08:29 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

Getting Tootoo is the best move Kenny has made in a long time!
I really like this guy.
He has a lot of heart,
He is full of fight, and he hits!

Posted by w2j2 on 01/21/13 at 08:30 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Milbury needs to let Tootoo get ahold of him for a minute.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/21/13 at 08:30 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Fighting off a face off gives hockey a bad name? Really? There’s no fighting in Hockey?

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/21/13 at 08:31 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Hey 42Jeff you got any pics of that ginger in the Wendy’s commercial?
Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 01/21/13 at 08:17 PM ET

Bush league.
Posted by Rumbear from the Top O the Hasek, lookin for Homer… on 01/21/13 at 08:17 PM ET

Not exactly what I was thinking but I wouldn’t say no.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/21/13 at 08:32 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

jonesy needs to drop ‘em with millsberry and make him shut up

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/21/13 at 08:32 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Jonesy should have given him a swift back hand. Period.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/21/13 at 08:33 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

What’s the opinion on Smitty so far?

I think he’s looking good aside from a couple two or three rookie-type mistakes.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 01/21/13 at 08:34 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Those who can’t play, coach.  Those who can’t coach… end up on NBC Sports.  Way to go Pee-aire and Milsdouche.

Posted by calquake on 01/21/13 at 08:35 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I didn’t think she was a real Red, but that didn’t matter to me, it was Rumbear who brought up the bush.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/21/13 at 08:36 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Smart going after a guy a foot taller than you…

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 01/21/13 at 07:48 PM ET

Damn right it is, it was the perfect way to start this game. I already like Tootoo 100x more than I did last year (which wouldn’t be to hard to do, but, still).

With Bert and Tootoo we can keep the flies off Brunner and Co. We’ve got a capable offense with a potential all-star first line, plus some grit to back it up. We just don’t have any D.

Did you guys know that? Our D is porous?

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 01/21/13 at 08:37 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

Smith is playing well.
He is looking at the ice, has quick hands and makes a great pass.
I think he learned a lot from Lidas.

Lashoff looks good, too.

Posted by w2j2 on 01/21/13 at 08:37 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

What’s the opinion on Smitty so far?

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where free agents no longer want to go. on 01/21/13 at 08:34 PM ET

He’s got potential, but he’s trying to do too much. He’s got all this hype behind him, and he’s believing it—he just needs to slow down and play the game to the team’s strength.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/21/13 at 08:37 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I still can’t believe he said that fighting off of a face off gives hockey a bad name.. Are you serious? I love hockey. Cause all you do is sit in the sin bin for 5 minutes and get back out and play.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/21/13 at 08:37 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by RorSchach on 01/21/13 at 08:37 PM ET

Coming from a guy who climbed into the stands and beat a guy with his shoe.

Of ALL people, Frankenberry needs to STFU.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/21/13 at 08:38 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Did you guys know that? Our D is porous?

Well then, by all means… porous another drink.

Posted by calquake on 01/21/13 at 08:39 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 01/21/13 at 08:38 PM ET

He did that? Really? I want proof of that.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/21/13 at 08:39 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

She reminds me of Alyson Hannigan, which is probably what they were going for.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/21/13 at 08:39 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

You guys are gonna start talkin’ about carpeting and matching drapes any minute now.  I just know it.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/21/13 at 08:40 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

They are, West.. They are.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/21/13 at 08:40 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Better than talking aboot useless taint.

Posted by calquake on 01/21/13 at 08:41 PM ET