Abel to Yzerman

Okay, NOW It’s Time to Get Serious…

First and foremost, this urgent announcement: Have you seen this man?

Oh that's right, he's in the press box. Shocking, really.

Okay, now that's out of the way, let cut to the chase, shall we? The Wings desperately need a win (/understatement); WInnipeg is coming off a hard-fought Gary's Gimmick win against the Sharts, and the Wings are coming off like, their Eleventeenth OT loss.

Babcock's benched his Golden Boy, and Franzen's back in to pick up - or unload more, who knows - the slack. Will the Wings be able to right the ship? Will Babcock club ALF over the head, put Cleary back in the number 11, and try to play it off like nothing ever happened? Will Ashton ever confess to being the father of Shandra's baby?

What (little) I do know, however, is that it's Business Time. Time for the boys to earn their paychecks. Time to show they belong.

Why? Because it's a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

calquake's avatar

Ref just assuming if it’s him there is not a scoring opportunity.

Can’t blame him for that.

Posted by calquake on 11/12/13 at 08:50 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

WTF was that? Zebra suckage.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/12/13 at 08:50 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Ehhhh, that looked like a little bit of a Louganis…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/12/13 at 08:51 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Balls

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 11/12/13 at 08:52 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Aaaaaaaand we’re off and running

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 11/12/13 at 08:52 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Fuch.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 11/12/13 at 08:52 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Fuch a doodle doo.

Posted by dougie on 11/12/13 at 08:53 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Boy.  Way to make em earn it Wings.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 11/12/13 at 08:53 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Constant stream of opportunities for 7 minutes capped off by giving up a 3x2.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 11/12/13 at 08:53 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

come on wings…...answer

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 11/12/13 at 08:54 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Getting a 2 minute warming from some of the 19. FUCH!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/12/13 at 08:54 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Fuch a doodle doo.

Posted by dougie on 11/12/13 at 07:53 PM ET

I don’t remember that part of the song.  Was that the chorus?

Posted by calquake on 11/12/13 at 08:54 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Okay, I’m about done with the legitimate NHL GameCenter Live feeds… refresh the comments, see “insert *#$%@& *#$%@& *#$%@& here” and however long it took me to post this is how far I’m behind.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/12/13 at 08:55 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Checking back in and I see the WinniePeggians have already drawn blood…..

Rum me.

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 11/12/13 at 08:55 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Damnit mule. I was just thinking you were playing well too.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 11/12/13 at 08:55 PM ET

Bent's avatar

come on wings…...answer

Franzen did.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 11/12/13 at 08:55 PM ET

sjketcheson's avatar

Wow, so glad Franzen is back in the lineup….

Posted by sjketcheson from the floor of the Hasek on 11/12/13 at 08:56 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Don’t give up yet… we have plenty of time to give up 3 more goals.

Posted by calquake on 11/12/13 at 08:56 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

well that sucks

Constant stream of opportunities for 7 minutes capped off by giving up a 3x2.
Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 11/12/13 at 07:53 PM ET

My stream is anything but constant. Anyone have a non atdhe feed?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 11/12/13 at 08:57 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Franzen got saddled with a quick -1 by stepping on the ice for Zetterberg just as the rush went past him into the Detroit zone.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 11/12/13 at 08:57 PM ET

Hey, I’m here and I see the Wings off to a fABULOUS start.

Okay, let’s get this shit together.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 11/12/13 at 08:57 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

smile Yes He DID!  Go Franzen!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 11/12/13 at 08:57 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Damn Franzen, you picked the wrong week to stop huffing paint thinner.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/12/13 at 08:57 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

They’ve carried the play so far, and yet somehow very lucky not to be down 2-0

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 11/12/13 at 08:57 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Bahhh…flesh wound.  Suck it up Sally.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 11/12/13 at 08:57 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

A pissed off Mule is good. In the box is not.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/12/13 at 08:57 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

JIMMAH!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 11/12/13 at 08:57 PM ET

calquake's avatar

My stream is anything but constant.

I hear there’s a pill for that now.

Posted by calquake on 11/12/13 at 08:58 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Don’t give up yet… we have plenty of time to give up 3 more goals.
Posted by calquake on 11/12/13 at 07:56 PM ET

Optimist. Here, I always had you pegged for a glass is half empty kind of guy.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 11/12/13 at 08:58 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Shhhh….don’t tell anyone.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 11/12/13 at 08:58 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

CaptDP, check your PMs

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 11/12/13 at 08:58 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Jimmy just tossed the dong out to Ann Arbor…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/12/13 at 08:58 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Cheap shot by Mule there after the slash.  Not necessary at all.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 11/12/13 at 08:58 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

My stream is anything but constant.
Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 11/12/13 at 07:57 PM ET

Too much sitting on the bike seat!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 11/12/13 at 08:59 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Clusterfuch.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/12/13 at 08:59 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

...is it too early, The next three goals are HUGE, oh you’re not ready, take that little blue pill already…...(waiting, Waiting, WAITING)

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 11/12/13 at 08:59 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I wish I was Todd Bertuzzi.

Someone try to start shit and I’d just grin at him…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/12/13 at 09:01 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Unless you go Mercedes, about the only other thing available is a VW Jetta Sportwagen.
Personally, I’m eyeballing a VW Golf TDI, 4-door, 6-speed manual, many, MANY more MPGs than I get presently.
Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 11/12/13 at 07:46 PM ET

Merc only sell the E class diesel in sedan form. Only E wagon sold in US is 350 4matic. I don’t really need AWD here in sunny SoCal. (Though I hear the E63 AMG wagon is still available as a special order, unless I hit the Powerball, that ain’t happening.)

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 11/12/13 at 09:02 PM ET

Wow.  That was…the most active Horse’s Ass I’ve seen in a while.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 11/12/13 at 09:02 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 11/12/13 at 08:02 PM ET

Wow, it’s obviously been a while since I looked at the Merc lineup.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/12/13 at 09:03 PM ET