Abel to Yzerman

Ok. We’ve Waited Long Enough: Ready, Set, Vomit

If there was some way I could blame dainty Gary Bettman for this, I would. You know I would.  But, and it disgusts me to say this, I can’t.  The midget troll commissioner is not responsible for this, courtesy of Okie.

Injury Report:

DET:
Todd Bertuzzi (RW/LW) Groin (Day to day)
Nicklas Lidstrom (D) Ankle injury (Day to day)
Pavel Datsyuk (C/LW) Arthroscopic knee surgery (Sidelined indefinitely)
Jonathan Ericsson (D) Broken left wrist (Sidelined indefinitely)
Patrick Eaves (RW) Jaw injury (Injured reserve)
Jimmy Howard (G) Groin (Day to day)
Jakub Kindl (D) Upper body injury (Day to day)

And you can add Home Keys into the mix.  His tummy hurts. Up comes another Swede.

But that’s not all. Oh no. Look at that list and you see a bunch of names that, baby Jesus willing, should all be healthy for the Worst Time of the Year.  Except for Eaves. That kid’s probably down for the foreseeable count.

So that’s nice, you say. I agree. It’s nice. But it could also be tragic.  It could be downright disgusting because our pals can’t win on the road. Period.

As it stands now the Wings are the 4 seed, four points behind the irritating Bitter Bitch Bound to Burst Blues.  That number 1 seed we pined over two weeks ago is looking less and less likely.  Right now the Wings would open with Bubba, with home ice.  But if you go back to that sick list of dinged Wings? Then you see the real issue: any kind of home ice at all.  Today, the Wings are not only 4 behind SL, but just 4 ahead of Nashville.  This team doesn’t win without Datsyuk and that’s a fact. Nice that he’s skating and smiling.  We like that. But this team is no better than a 4 seed unless he’s back and back really frigging soon. And a 5 seed means ugly, ugly moods all around come April.

When we’re up, we’re up. But when we’re down? We are down and surly and bitchy. We’re a bunch of 19 year old chicks all living in the same house, going through that thing, you know what I mean, at the same time.  And right now, it’s just not a good time to be around any of us.

So we might as well PMS together and Live Blog this bitch.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 8 9 10

ITDeuce's avatar

Fuch it, I’ll take it.  25% shooting percentage.  Giddyup.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/10/12 at 01:02 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/10/12 at 01:02 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

18:47 Darren Helm (9) Tip-In - Assists: J. Franzen (27) & G. Nyquist (2)

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/10/12 at 01:03 AM ET

calquake's avatar

15 SOG… 4 foals… unfrigginbelievable.

Posted by calquake on 03/10/12 at 01:03 AM ET

monkey's avatar

What the horse cock.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/10/12 at 01:03 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

For once, we win a game that we really did not deserve to. Period.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/10/12 at 01:03 AM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Yeah-Wings WIN! Congrats Wings!

The Magical Joe Louis Arena!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 03/10/12 at 01:04 AM ET

calquake's avatar

For once, we win a game that we really did not deserve to. Period.

This.

Posted by calquake on 03/10/12 at 01:04 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

There my 2 points.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/10/12 at 01:04 AM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

2 points…LGRW

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/10/12 at 01:05 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Hey who’s this McDonald kid?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/10/12 at 01:05 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Wings out shot 24-15 for the game. almost like we were skating a man down all game.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/10/12 at 01:05 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Two badly needed points. I’ll take it.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/10/12 at 01:06 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

tomorrow ... just get the “W”

simple request for tonight: a “W” - doesn’t matter how but get the win.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/09/12 at 01:53 PM ET

yeah, ...

L.G.R.W.

g’nite

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/10/12 at 01:08 AM ET

Helm is God.

[late, I know]

Posted by Herm from my girlfriend's house on 03/10/12 at 01:08 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

And we will still be depleted next outing. Hope Lady Luck stays in the Wings corner for awhile.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/10/12 at 01:08 AM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Dan Cleary played almost 19 minutes, 3rd highest amongst forwards, insanity.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 03/10/12 at 01:10 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

That’s actually better skating up a man all game, which of course would have meant an almost certain shutout for LA.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/10/12 at 01:11 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I wonder if TPH gets as pissed off at Franzen as we do when he has to actually observe his play. I hope he is taking notes.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/10/12 at 01:12 AM ET

calquake's avatar

I hope he is taking notes.

I hope he is taking names.

Posted by calquake on 03/10/12 at 01:13 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Nighty, night. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/10/12 at 01:13 AM ET

shanetx's avatar

I hope not or it’ll be point shots at mule’s ankles next time Lidstrom can go.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 03/10/12 at 01:14 AM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Needless to say if we can see it out there, they definitely see it.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 03/10/12 at 01:14 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Nite all, won’t make the Bubba LB as I will be traveling.  Have fun without me… and get two fuching points.

Posted by calquake on 03/10/12 at 01:15 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Have fun without me… and get two fuching points.

Posted by calquake on 03/09/12 at 10:15 PM ET

You know we can’t have fun without you Quake. But we will sure try.

All the best to your family.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/10/12 at 01:17 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Aw shucks Kate.  Thanks for the thought.

Posted by calquake on 03/10/12 at 01:20 AM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Wow. Saw half the game after playing some hockey myself and caught up on the lb at the end of the game. Smith is a keeper.  Don’t let him get close to E 52 when he returns. Just remember we thought the same about Johnny at first. Please baby Jesus don’t allow a repeat performance.

Vooxie you need some exercise if the pants are too tight. tongue wink
Tlll tomorrow 19.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/10/12 at 01:23 AM ET

shanetx's avatar

I won’t say the same thoughts haven’t crossed my mind, but here’s some differences to hold onto:

Ericsson doesn’t have career defenseman instincts.  Smitty does.  He pinched beautifully on that goal.  You can’t teach that, I think, you either have it or you don’t and Ericsson doesn’t, Smith does.

Ericsson looked good because he was playing with Lidstrom for so much of that run.  The other defensemen were Stuart, Kronwall, Rafalski and Lilja.  Even Lilja is a sizeable upgrade from Janik.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 03/10/12 at 01:34 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Trying to think of another game in Wings history that was more unlikely to end up winning,  drawing a blank right now.  First 30 minutes couldn’t even hang on to the puck or complete a pass.

What a big 2 points.

I’m expecting Z to have been through arthroscopic knee surgery by game time tomorrow.  How did he get back on the ice after looking totally crippled?

I’ve kept on Cleary the last couple of weeks, getting almost zero offensive output from him.  He must need horrific knee surgery too.

We’re already racking up playoff caliber injuries.

RSV.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/10/12 at 02:12 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

From a dude with a lot of free time on twitter.

Detroit and Nashville faced each other 80 times on regular season. Of those 80 games, 21 were on Saturdays. 16 of those 21 were in Nashville. 12 of those 16 were on the second leg of a back-to-back.

So yeah, I’m not crazy.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 03/10/12 at 02:25 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 03/09/12 at 11:25 PM ET

I was wondering if this was going to be another one of those NHL set ups for Trashville.

Yup.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/10/12 at 02:38 AM ET

I cannot believe the Wings pulled that trick outta their hats and with a beaten up roster.  Un-friggin’-believable but at the same time, it was a revelation.

God and Fils were my picks for player of the game.  Fils’ slice and dice through the Kings #1 defensive pairing was absolute genius.  I wonder if Horse’s Ass was paying attention.

And a big FUCH YOU to Kozari and whoever the other idiot was with the orange-arm band.  That was the longest and most asinine 23 seconds of filthy officiating favoritism ever.  Just ugly.

Youtube user, paustn31634, posted a 13-minute vid of the game last night.  The vid can be switched up to the higher resolution output if needed and I suggest you do.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/10/12 at 04:49 PM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 8 9 10