Abel to Yzerman

Ok. We’ve Waited Long Enough: Ready, Set, Vomit

If there was some way I could blame dainty Gary Bettman for this, I would. You know I would.  But, and it disgusts me to say this, I can’t.  The midget troll commissioner is not responsible for this, courtesy of Okie.

Injury Report:

DET:
Todd Bertuzzi (RW/LW) Groin (Day to day)
Nicklas Lidstrom (D) Ankle injury (Day to day)
Pavel Datsyuk (C/LW) Arthroscopic knee surgery (Sidelined indefinitely)
Jonathan Ericsson (D) Broken left wrist (Sidelined indefinitely)
Patrick Eaves (RW) Jaw injury (Injured reserve)
Jimmy Howard (G) Groin (Day to day)
Jakub Kindl (D) Upper body injury (Day to day)

And you can add Home Keys into the mix.  His tummy hurts. Up comes another Swede.

But that’s not all. Oh no. Look at that list and you see a bunch of names that, baby Jesus willing, should all be healthy for the Worst Time of the Year.  Except for Eaves. That kid’s probably down for the foreseeable count.

So that’s nice, you say. I agree. It’s nice. But it could also be tragic.  It could be downright disgusting because our pals can’t win on the road. Period.

As it stands now the Wings are the 4 seed, four points behind the irritating Bitter Bitch Bound to Burst Blues.  That number 1 seed we pined over two weeks ago is looking less and less likely.  Right now the Wings would open with Bubba, with home ice.  But if you go back to that sick list of dinged Wings? Then you see the real issue: any kind of home ice at all.  Today, the Wings are not only 4 behind SL, but just 4 ahead of Nashville.  This team doesn’t win without Datsyuk and that’s a fact. Nice that he’s skating and smiling.  We like that. But this team is no better than a 4 seed unless he’s back and back really frigging soon. And a 5 seed means ugly, ugly moods all around come April.

When we’re up, we’re up. But when we’re down? We are down and surly and bitchy. We’re a bunch of 19 year old chicks all living in the same house, going through that thing, you know what I mean, at the same time.  And right now, it’s just not a good time to be around any of us.

So we might as well PMS together and Live Blog this bitch.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Rdwings28's avatar

grrrrrrrrrrrr….................i want hit somebody.

Posted by Rdwings28 on 03/09/12 at 08:16 PM ET

VooX's avatar

So we might as well PMS together and Live Blog this bitch.

It’s going to be a monsteration tonight, Chief.  Replied to your comment on Malik’s about the Finn we didn’t trade.  Too long to repost here, Raspberry.

Onto more urgent matters, what are you bitches drinking?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 03/09/12 at 08:17 PM ET

VooX's avatar

I have just finished watching the first season of Top Shot, a firearms reality show.  In honour of the show’s bang-bang good times, before tonight’s game I am going to put a couple of shots down the domestic range.  That’s sharpshooter talk for sex with the little lady, for all you PETA-types.

See you bitches in 2 minutes.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 03/09/12 at 08:25 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

See you bitches in 2 minutes.

A bartender has to know his limitations.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 03/09/12 at 08:36 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

I don’t know. If SCP started today, who would bitch about these seeds:

1   St. Louis
2   Vancouver
3   Dallas
4   Detroit
5   Nashville
6   Chicago
7   Phoenix
8   San Jose

Think about two rounds within our division.

Posted by MoreShoot on 03/09/12 at 08:57 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Tops shot rocks based off the challenges, weaponry and photography….. but as with any ‘reality’ show its too heavily scripted.
Suck it up and lets roll bitches. We can make excuses or we can earn 2 points.
I’ll take the points thanks. And VooX….. beer me.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/09/12 at 09:23 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

I’ve been vomiting for a few days now.  Not happy with the loss of the number one seed and the injuries just make me sad.

I just programmed my DVR…I’ll catch up on it tonight.  Hopefully it will be a good thing.

Voox - vodka straight up, please.

Let’s go Red Wings!!!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 03/09/12 at 09:27 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

So we might as well PMS together and Live Blog this bitch.

Evenin’ Bitches. Aloha, Master Chief.

Nothing meaner that 19 Bitches at this time of the season. Its one big bloody mess. Period.

Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/09/12 at 09:31 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

We can make excuses or we can earn 2 points.

Exactly right. Two points. Period.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/09/12 at 09:34 PM ET

monkey's avatar

So we might as well PMS together and Live Blog this bitch.

Evenin’ Bitches. Aloha, Master Chief.

Anyone seen my iPad?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/09/12 at 09:34 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Kate - you are the best.  You make me laugh so hard.  I needed that.

Two points, that’s what it is!

Let’s go Red Wings!!!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 03/09/12 at 09:35 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Thanks, hockeychick. I have the dark Irish in my blood.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/09/12 at 09:38 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Photography and challenges are what compel me to watch the show.  Can’t stand the bitchiness and politics of any reality show, in general, but I do love Chopped all-around.

A bartender has to know his limitations.

I can have sex for 10 minutes.  Of course, that’s over the course of 8-10 sessions.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 03/09/12 at 09:45 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

5 sons, 1 husband, 1 grandson. I have no one to comensturate with.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/09/12 at 09:45 PM ET

VooX's avatar

So we might as well PMS together and Live Blog this bitch.

Anyone seen my iPad?

Off to a fine start, bitches.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 03/09/12 at 09:46 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

If you can’t get the game on TV or a stream online, you can at least listen to WXYT online. WXYT is now a super-conservative talk radio station, but here is their online listen link as they are broadcasting the game, not 97.1.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 03/09/12 at 10:01 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Better be Ken and Mick tonite. That is what I pay for.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/09/12 at 10:29 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

...bitches.  What the fuch is up?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/09/12 at 10:31 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I’m in. Lets get back on the happy side of of the score eh?

Abby is out.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 03/09/12 at 10:32 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

FSD FEED

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/09/12 at 10:32 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Huh. No, get the two fuching points tonite! Wink.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/09/12 at 10:33 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Whatever it takes. Two points.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/09/12 at 10:34 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

And right now, it’s just not a good time to be around any of us.

Damn I’m not sure how you know these things about us Chief, but you’re not the only one to notice. When I walked out the door this morning to warm up my truck, the dog across the street saw me, immediately put his tail between his legs, let loose an insane sort of gutteral half howl, half whimper and scurried away.

Silly dog doesn’t obviously doesn’t realize the playoffs are still about five weeks away.

LGRW.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/09/12 at 10:35 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

pregame song being sung

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/09/12 at 10:37 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Linseman fell.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/09/12 at 10:39 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Well that was a lackluster first shift

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 03/09/12 at 10:39 PM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Linesman tripped over the blue line.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 03/09/12 at 10:39 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Geez that had to hurt.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/09/12 at 10:40 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Time to waste 2 minutes

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 03/09/12 at 10:40 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I am bleeding out my butt, and i blame you guys

Posted by dougie on 03/09/12 at 10:40 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Power play early in the game.  This isn’t going to go well, is it?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/09/12 at 10:40 PM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Stoll is such a punk

Posted by SolidTG7 on 03/09/12 at 10:41 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Aloha bitches.

C’mon LGRW

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 03/09/12 at 10:41 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Filthy, gutless, coward. The down side, we have a Power Play.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/09/12 at 10:41 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I am bleeding out my butt, and i blame you guys

Posted by dougie on 03/09/12 at 07:40 PM ET

Have you been doing squats with Hudler again?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/09/12 at 10:42 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I am bleeding out my butt, and i blame you guys

Posted by dougie on 03/09/12 at 07:40 PM ET

Broken Coke bottle?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/09/12 at 10:42 PM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

This isn’t even fair. LA PK is so good.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 03/09/12 at 10:42 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Its always interesting when JMac plays the puck.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/09/12 at 10:43 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Two minutes on the PP and no attack zone time at all.  Brutal.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/09/12 at 10:43 PM ET

Solid PP…if only because it didn’t give up a shorty.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/09/12 at 10:43 PM ET