Abel to Yzerman

Oh Good…Boston

I really had no idea who the Wings were playing today. I assumed they were, but I've been distracted. I can't devote my energies to three teams at once and yesterday it was the Lions and then, the unspeakable obscenity.

So, when I woke up I checked and vomited.

Ok. This would be a nice win today. I hope the Wings play well.

But last night. JFC.  It all mixes together.  Scherzer pitched great then Osgood let one in from fifty then Smyly walked a guy and Talbot scored then Benoit came in and Legace was laying prone like a fat suicidal hooker and then Ortiz came up and Seabrook crossed the blue line.

So there's that.

It's a Live Blog bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >       Next »

RWBill's avatar

If my eyes didn’t deceive me, I saw Franzen out “race” a defenseman for the puck that resulted in a Red Wings goal.

It could just be the bloody Mary talking, though.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/14/13 at 02:48 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

An insurmountable late-game lead in Boston.  That always works out.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/14/13 at 02:52 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Daren Eliot boldly predicting the Boston strategy—apparently the plan is for them to try to start a fight.  That’s fuchin’ brilliant!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/14/13 at 02:53 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/14/13 at 02:48 PM ET

Perhaps an appointment with Dr. Rahmani is in your future?

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/14/13 at 02:54 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

An insurmountable late-game lead in Boston.  That always works out.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/14/13 at 02:52 PM ET

What? Is Walk-keen Ben Wa warming up and getting ready to come in and serve up a Swedish meatball?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/14/13 at 02:55 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Is someone smoking a cigarette behind Uncle Mike?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/14/13 at 01:19 PM ET

My money would be on Bert or Tootoo

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/14/13 at 01:20 PM ET

this alone made taking the time to read the LB from the beginning worth while.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/14/13 at 02:56 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Per Boston’s feed, the Bruins have had the puck in Detroit’s zone 4.5 minutes longer than Detroit’s had it in Boston’s zone.

not good

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/14/13 at 02:57 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

woah…Franzen won a battle against someone!  I may faint.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 10/14/13 at 02:58 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

I musta got ahold of some bad liquor or something—I swear I saw Mule actually throwing his weight around in behind the net.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/14/13 at 02:59 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

woah…Franzen won a battle against someone!  I may faint.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 10/14/13 at 02:58 PM ET

what did he do? Tells Babs he didn’t want to go out next?

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/14/13 at 02:59 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

what did he do? Tells Babs he didn’t want to go out next?

Alas, I can only rely on the radio but apparently he out muscled a Bruins player on the puck.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 10/14/13 at 03:00 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/14/13 at 02:59 PM ET

1stum·ble verb \ˈstəm-bəl\
: to hit your foot on something when you are walking or running so that you fall or almost fall

: to walk in an awkward way

: to speak or act in an awkward way

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/14/13 at 03:00 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Back for a few.  Missed Weiss’ goal, heard Cleary’s though.  Found a feed for The Ticket on my TuneIn Radio Pro app on my phone, so I could listen to Kal-Woods..

Have maybe 15-20 min. before I have to run to get the 3 year-old from Head Start.

LGRW.

Posted by Primis on 10/14/13 at 03:01 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Have the wings had a PP yet?  I’m not thinking so.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/14/13 at 03:01 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/14/13 at 02:53 PM ET

That’s who they are. That’s what they do.

Wings are gonna need to find at least one power forward in the mold of Shanahan. I have no idea where, but it has to be, in order to compete in the East. Or anywhere for that matter.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/14/13 at 03:01 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Have the wings had a PP yet?  I’m not thinking so.

Nope - yet another PP for Boston.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 10/14/13 at 03:02 PM ET

Primis's avatar

No idea why the ref whistled that dead.

Posted by Primis on 10/14/13 at 03:03 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Weiss saved a for sure goal

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/14/13 at 03:03 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/14/13 at 02:59 PM ET

He actually hustled and skated on the Weiss goal.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/14/13 at 03:03 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Who signed that bum?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 10/14/13 at 03:03 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Have the wings had a PP yet?  I’m not thinking so.

Well, if they’re gonna call horse shit like these, we’re probably fuched

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/14/13 at 03:04 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Boston holding the stick, but a Detroit penalty.  Fuch.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/14/13 at 03:04 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Ugh 5 on 3…

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 10/14/13 at 03:04 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

unreal

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/14/13 at 03:04 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

And the relief pitchers just entered the game.

Hold on to your Stroh’s.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/14/13 at 03:05 PM ET

Bent's avatar

OMG this is getting bad.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/14/13 at 03:05 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

WTF? WTF? The officials officially suck balls. Super zebra SUCKAGE!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/14/13 at 03:05 PM ET

Primis's avatar

And the relief pitchers just entered the game.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/14/13 at 03:05 PM ET

*sobbing*

Posted by Primis on 10/14/13 at 03:05 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Pav wins the faceoff - awesome!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 10/14/13 at 03:06 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

they did it!!

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/14/13 at 03:07 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Nice kill!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 10/14/13 at 03:08 PM ET

VooX's avatar

whatta pk

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 10/14/13 at 03:08 PM ET

FranzensMouthguard's avatar

hey all, been a while, hope all is well, it seems we’re playing decent today?

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 10/14/13 at 03:08 PM ET

Primis's avatar

So… about those “even em’ out” calls…

Posted by Primis on 10/14/13 at 03:08 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Good kill.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/14/13 at 03:08 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Maybe I’m amazed!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/14/13 at 03:09 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

hey all, been a while, hope all is well, it seems we’re playing decent today?

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 10/14/13 at 03:08 PM ET

We’ve been dominated for stretches, but they are making the shots count, and the PK has been very solid

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/14/13 at 03:10 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

So we get the next four PPs, right?

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 10/14/13 at 03:10 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

Is there a single real-time NHL scores website/iPhone app that doesn’t completely suck?

Anybody got any recommendations?

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 10/14/13 at 03:11 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Horry crap…a hockeyball game in the middle of the day!

...and a Mickey & Ken feed to boot!

Happy Christoforo Columbus day.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 10/14/13 at 03:11 PM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >       Next »