Abel to Yzerman

No Preview, No Notes, Just Talk

George Malik put together a full look at tonight's Wings/Lightning game at The Malik Report.

We know the Tampa Bay Lightning will come out tonight trying to create more offense and the Detroit Red Wings will need to match or even improve their play from game 3.

The power play may be the key tonight for both teams.

It should be a high intensity game, one which will keep us on the edge of our seats.

Your thoughts?

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Should be a good game. Wings first and foremost need to stay out of the box. I don’t wear a tinfoil hat, but it does look like refs are just looking to make a call against the Wings.
Hopefully, Mrazek can have a good game again.

Posted by George0211 on 04/23/15 at 08:55 AM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Tampa knows exactly what they did wrong last game, so it’s going to be up to the Wings to adjust tot he dump and chase game TB is going to bring to them.  Unforunately strong forechecks have been the bane of the Wings D.  Gut check time for the whole lot of them.

Posted by Hootinani from the parade following Babs out of town on 04/23/15 at 10:19 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

My thoughts will be I’m going to be stuck at the kids baseball practice and will be watching the game on DVR…. same scenario as Tuesday so I’m hoping for a similar outcome.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/23/15 at 10:41 AM ET

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/23/15 at 10:41 AM ET

I haven’t watched a game live in almost 5 years. Kids ruin everything grin

Posted by George0211 on 04/23/15 at 10:42 AM ET

2 things…

1) MATCH the Physicality, or OUT DO TBL in being physical. When this hitting game.
2) Mrazek needs a good start come back strong. No more bad goals, if we win, we’re in.

Posted by Pasha1277 on 04/23/15 at 10:51 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Like to think tampas pp impotence might start wearing on them.  And ffs stay out of the box.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/23/15 at 10:55 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Yep.  Wings need to stay out of the box for sure.  The Bolts are getting so frustrated, they are likely to take dumb penalties - that is, if the f’ing refs will call them.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from the State where Tigers roam in the Spring on 04/23/15 at 11:30 AM ET

hockeychic's avatar

I echo the “stay out of the box!” sentiment.  I liked our physical play in Game 3.  Have to keep at it.

Crash the net and keep Bishop moving from side to side.

RSV!

LGRW!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 04/23/15 at 11:47 AM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Your thoughts?

Just keep on doing whatever gives us the win x 100. Hit hard, skate hard, score!

Thanks Paul.