Abel to Yzerman

No More Sloppy Seconds, Time To Bury The Oilers Underground

Some amazing things can happen in the space of 60 minutes.  Bob Seger's "Live Bullet" album launched his mainstream career and the Rolling Stones managed to be sober and cohesive long enough to put together their finest work "Exile on Main St.", both clocking in at just over 60.  Even Beethoven's 9th Symphony comes in around the 60 minute mark.  All of them are timeless and seminal efforts.

For some reason our Red Wings just can't put in the effort for a full 60.  As Ken Daniels pointed out yesterday there are Sloppy Seconds. Unfortuantely there are also Taintastic Thirds and Fuch-it Firsts.  For some reason ever since the Sweet Baby Jesus brought Cup #11 to its rightful home in Detroit, the team has stopped playing complete games and started phoning in periods and entire games at a time.

Mule, once hungry for goals, now floats like driftwood for stretches at a time.  Among the 19 this puts him up Shit's Creek with a turd for a paddle, to quote Ween.  Thankfully for some the Mule will not be in the lineup.  According to Malik he is being replaced by the long-awaited return of Mikael Samuelsson.  Wait, I meant Darren Helm whose work as God has been sorely missed around here.

My posting around here has been sporadic but so has my watching of the team.  After more than three years of a self-imposed boycott from the game (Thanks Gary.  Ass) I am slowly getting back into the swing of things.  I've watched two games this week and the Emperor tells me that is two more games than TheLinkGoesHere watches in a typical month, so I feel like I am becoming blog-ready again.

Around here RedMenace has been showing off in the GDT with fancy tables and graphics and our Command Master Chief has been away on a ship making boys into men.  (Get your mind out of the gutters, perverts).   The juvenile deliciousness we have all come to expect of A2Y has dwindled to a trickle.

As I get back into the swing of the game and the team, all the old anger is returning.  The vitriol to fuel a thousand angry rants is building up inside me.  The frustrations of Sloppy Seconds and Whiskey Dick power-plays are mounting.  Hopefully, with a bit of time, the three of us at A2Y will be able to match the prolific output of one JJ from Kansas.  Minus the factual analysis and research, of course.

It is time for another Live Blog, bitches.  The bar is open and well stocked so fire up a colortini, sit back, relax, and watch the pictures as they fly through the air.  It's time for the Wings to bury the Oilers deep undergroud into the tar sands whence they came.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 9 >       Next »

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Mr. Andersson!

Lets go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/03/13 at 12:16 AM ET

Trish's avatar

NEO   Hot Diggety

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 11/03/13 at 12:16 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

The team needs a game like this. Just saying…

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 11/03/13 at 12:16 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 11/03/13 at 12:16 AM ET

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/03/13 at 12:17 AM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Going to get a Springfield xds during the thanksgiving weekend as it is a tax free weekend for any firearm purchases in South Carolina.
I have a xd 45 now and want a more compact carry pistol with no safety.
Try to find a gun range that has gun rentals and see what guns you feel comfortable with.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 11/03/13 at 12:18 AM ET

calquake's avatar

The team needs a game like this. Just saying…

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, waiting….. on 11/03/13 at 12:16 AM ET

The 19 need a game like this.  Just saying…

Posted by calquake on 11/03/13 at 12:18 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Pizza Papalis Greektown, Meat Lovers.  Takes 45 minutes to bake that bitch cuz it’s so deep, but worth the wait!
( and deep dish does not mean just make the crust thicker, it’s thick with pizza goodness )

That is just a thing of beauty!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/03/13 at 12:18 AM ET

Trish's avatar

Pizza Papalis Greektown, Meat Lovers

Now wiping drool off my chin.  THAT is the kinda stuff I miss down here

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 11/03/13 at 12:19 AM ET

Hootinani's avatar

The 19 need a game like this.  Just saying…

Posted by calquake on 11/03/13 at 12:18 AM ET

abso-fuchin-lutely

Posted by Hootinani on 11/03/13 at 12:19 AM ET

Bent's avatar

Hah, awesome.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 11/03/13 at 12:20 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

BERT!!

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/03/13 at 12:20 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Serial Killer!

Posted by calquake on 11/03/13 at 12:20 AM ET

Hootinani's avatar

This strikes me as the kind of game that gets a coach fired

Posted by Hootinani on 11/03/13 at 12:20 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Unibomber!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 11/03/13 at 12:20 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

The 19 need a game like this.  Just saying…

Posted by calquake on 11/03/13 at 12:18 AM ET

Oh yea! Me likey. And, it’s fall back tonite. Bonus hour.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/03/13 at 12:20 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

Bert!  Another beautiful goal

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 11/03/13 at 12:20 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

The 19 need a game like this.  Just saying…

Posted by calquake on 11/03/13 at 12:18 AM ET

+19

RWBill's avatar

Between the pizza picture, 4 goals, and weapons talk I am packing some heat in my pants right now!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 11/03/13 at 12:20 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

bert from Z

be-a-u-ti-ful

5-0

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/03/13 at 12:21 AM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Woo Hoo WINGS 5-0 Nice!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 11/03/13 at 12:21 AM ET

VooX's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Howard City, MI on 11/03/13 at 12:13 AM ET

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/03/13 at 12:13 AM ET

I am a few years out of practice and would likely take just under 60 seconds to solve one today, but they are not as difficult as one would imagine once you figure out how to work the damn thing.

Here are my official competition results from many years ago.  If you want to see an awkward group of teenagers, cubing competitions have them in droves.  Always got a kick out of listening in to some of their conversations.  They almost freeze in place out of terror when they see a pretty girl.

Big Bad Bert gets in on the scoring following the beautiful play and pass by Zatta.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 11/03/13 at 12:21 AM ET

Trish's avatar

TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZI

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 11/03/13 at 12:21 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Jesus how far behind is my Xbox game Center feed?

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 11/03/13 at 12:21 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

You bitches are way ahead of me. Unibomber!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/03/13 at 12:21 AM ET

Bent's avatar

Crowd is getting pretty ugly.  Did the oilers have high hopes this season?

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 11/03/13 at 12:23 AM ET

calquake's avatar

You bitches are way ahead of me.

Yeah, but we try not to rub it in… cheese  I keed, I keed.

Posted by calquake on 11/03/13 at 12:24 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

34 seconds to solve a Rubicks cube….I think it would take me that long to go out to eh garage and find the hammer…...

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/03/13 at 12:24 AM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Crowd is getting pretty ugly.  Did the oilers have high hopes this season?

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 11/03/13 at 12:23 AM ET

I bet they werent expecting their season to be over 12 games in

Posted by Hootinani on 11/03/13 at 12:24 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Bertuzzi should have gotten a secondary assist on his own goal

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 11/03/13 at 12:24 AM ET

VooX's avatar

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 11/03/13 at 12:23 AM ET

As I mentioned in the LB post, expectations start high but settle in to acceptance of horrible mediocrity fairly quickly in Edmonton.  The team is completely cursed and the fans have grown accustomed to it.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 11/03/13 at 12:24 AM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Watching the game on CBC , they just showed a shot of craig mctavish in the press box looking very sad and lonely

Posted by Down River Dan on 11/03/13 at 12:25 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

The Cubs fans of the NHL

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/03/13 at 12:25 AM ET

Jesus how far behind is my Xbox game Center feed?

Mine is usually 2 to 3 minutes behind, though it seems to be lagging a bit more behind tonight.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/03/13 at 12:26 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Whatever happened to Peter Pocklington??

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 11/03/13 at 12:26 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Crowd is getting pretty ugly.  Did the oilers have high hopes this season?

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 11/03/13 at 12:23 AM ET

Yeah I was noticing that too. they must get tired of losing by now. With all the high draft picks maybe they had higher expectations this year. But if they are already 10 points out of the playoffs it is going to be a long season.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 11/03/13 at 12:27 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/03/13 at 12:26 AM ET

My internet is pretty crappy so I usually refresh every comercial break and right before the intermissions are ovre just try and keep semi current. I

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/03/13 at 12:27 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Sounds like a Summers Eve commercial….

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 11/03/13 at 12:29 AM ET

shanetx's avatar

My lesbian neighbors dog comes out every night between 10 and 11 and barks at God knows what and sometimes I would like to shoot at him, but the police here frown on discharging weapons around houses for some reason.

There’s an answer for that.  Subsonic ammunition!

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 11/03/13 at 12:29 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Whatever happened to Peter Pocklington??

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, waiting….. on 11/03/13 at 12:26 AM ET

Prison?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/03/13 at 12:29 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, waiting….. on 11/03/13 at 12:29 AM ET

that’s funny LOL

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/03/13 at 12:30 AM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 9 >       Next »