Abel to Yzerman

No More Sloppy Seconds, Time To Bury The Oilers Underground

Some amazing things can happen in the space of 60 minutes.  Bob Seger's "Live Bullet" album launched his mainstream career and the Rolling Stones managed to be sober and cohesive long enough to put together their finest work "Exile on Main St.", both clocking in at just over 60.  Even Beethoven's 9th Symphony comes in around the 60 minute mark.  All of them are timeless and seminal efforts.

For some reason our Red Wings just can't put in the effort for a full 60.  As Ken Daniels pointed out yesterday there are Sloppy Seconds. Unfortuantely there are also Taintastic Thirds and Fuch-it Firsts.  For some reason ever since the Sweet Baby Jesus brought Cup #11 to its rightful home in Detroit, the team has stopped playing complete games and started phoning in periods and entire games at a time.

Mule, once hungry for goals, now floats like driftwood for stretches at a time.  Among the 19 this puts him up Shit's Creek with a turd for a paddle, to quote Ween.  Thankfully for some the Mule will not be in the lineup.  According to Malik he is being replaced by the long-awaited return of Mikael Samuelsson.  Wait, I meant Darren Helm whose work as God has been sorely missed around here.

My posting around here has been sporadic but so has my watching of the team.  After more than three years of a self-imposed boycott from the game (Thanks Gary.  Ass) I am slowly getting back into the swing of things.  I've watched two games this week and the Emperor tells me that is two more games than TheLinkGoesHere watches in a typical month, so I feel like I am becoming blog-ready again.

Around here RedMenace has been showing off in the GDT with fancy tables and graphics and our Command Master Chief has been away on a ship making boys into men.  (Get your mind out of the gutters, perverts).   The juvenile deliciousness we have all come to expect of A2Y has dwindled to a trickle.

As I get back into the swing of the game and the team, all the old anger is returning.  The vitriol to fuel a thousand angry rants is building up inside me.  The frustrations of Sloppy Seconds and Whiskey Dick power-plays are mounting.  Hopefully, with a bit of time, the three of us at A2Y will be able to match the prolific output of one JJ from Kansas.  Minus the factual analysis and research, of course.

It is time for another Live Blog, bitches.  The bar is open and well stocked so fire up a colortini, sit back, relax, and watch the pictures as they fly through the air.  It's time for the Wings to bury the Oilers deep undergroud into the tar sands whence they came.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Voox!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 11/02/13 at 09:36 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Serve em up Voox.

Evening bitches!

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/02/13 at 09:45 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

It is time for another Live Blog, bitches.

I like and respect J.J. from Kansas, but, I am here because this is where I want to be. The output is just right for right now, and, factual analysis and research have never really been part of the deal here.

It’s all aboot the fun. So, all aboard. Bitches. Thanks VooX!

Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/02/13 at 09:51 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I’m here and I’m qu… ite ready to see a win, thank you.

Posted by calquake on 11/02/13 at 09:51 PM ET

VooX's avatar

What are you bitches drinking tonight?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 11/02/13 at 09:52 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Facts…pfft.  I happen to know that 88% of all facts are only 32.44% true 19.42% of the time.

Though my numbers may just be a touch off…

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/02/13 at 09:53 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

What are you bitches drinking tonight?

Got some Lienenkuegel Red Lager or Ale or some such foolishness.  It isn’t that good though..

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/02/13 at 09:54 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

What are you bitches drinking tonight?

Only the best. H20. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/02/13 at 09:54 PM ET

calquake's avatar

What are you bitches drinking tonight?

I don’t know aboot y’all but I plan on drinking to excess tonight.

Posted by calquake on 11/02/13 at 09:56 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

I don’t know aboot y’all but I plan on drinking to excess tonight.

Posted by calquake on 11/02/13 at 09:56 PM ET

Maize n blue remorse…..

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/02/13 at 09:57 PM ET

VooX's avatar

I don’t know aboot y’all but I plan on drinking to excess tonight.
Posted by calquake on 11/02/13 at 09:56 PM ET

As if there is any other way aboard the Hasek.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 11/02/13 at 09:58 PM ET

Stevis's avatar

Glenlivet 12 yr has just been poured. Probably should not have put the bottle away.

Posted by Stevis on 11/02/13 at 09:58 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

VooX!  You magnificent bastard….that HD link is awesome.  Even an olde neanderthal like me figured it out. Have a drink on me.

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 11/02/13 at 09:59 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Only the best. H20.
Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!
Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/02/13 at 09:54 PM ET

Myself as well, Kate, but I may get really wild and add a slice of lemon to it at some point.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 11/02/13 at 09:59 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

As if there is any other way aboard the Hasek.

Well there’s always the “I just vomited up something I drank last week…could I please have a glass of water” tactic

But that normally is just a placeholder to more drinking

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/02/13 at 09:59 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Hey 19. Gimme a lighter fluid with a Stella chaser.

Watching the leaf’s sans ducks east meltdown.  The Wings will have to have their heads on the proverbial swivel when they play these Richards.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 11/02/13 at 10:00 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, waiting….. on 11/02/13 at 09:59 PM ET

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 11/02/13 at 10:01 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Science!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 11/02/13 at 10:02 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Science for everybody!

Posted by calquake on 11/02/13 at 10:03 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Wierd Science?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/02/13 at 10:03 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

ozzie really stressing over Pav’s name…

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/02/13 at 10:04 PM ET

Going to stick to Jameson’s tonight and see if I get an extra hour of drinking or an extra hour of being passed out.  I imagine the Wings’ play will have a say in that.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/02/13 at 10:05 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Ok 19. Who does Sammy take out tonite with his shooting?

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 11/02/13 at 10:07 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Ok 19. Who does Sammy take out tonite with his shooting?

Hopefully it’s Devon Gardner

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/02/13 at 10:08 PM ET

Ok 19. Who does Sammy take out tonite with his shooting?

I sure wish “himself” was a reasonable option.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/02/13 at 10:09 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Ok 19. Who does Sammy take out tonite with his shooting?

Mike Babcock.

Posted by calquake on 11/02/13 at 10:09 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Double Sailor Jerry, diet coke and a lime in a rock glass….since an IV is still considered tacky in public.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 11/02/13 at 10:10 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Ok 19. Who does Sammy take out tonite with his shooting?

I sure wish “himself” was a reasonable option.
Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/02/13 at 10:09 PM ET

+19

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 11/02/13 at 10:10 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Imma’ taking mine straight up. No ice.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/02/13 at 10:10 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Sameulsson was asked if he was expecting any PP time today.  He responded he doesn’t expect anything this game.  Which is exactly what we expect of him based upon his track record.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 11/02/13 at 10:11 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Oh hey Voox about your last post to me last night ... working with test guys.

The test guys work out at Edwards AFB in California or Eglin AFB FL….they develop and test new weapons or new tactics for exisiting weapons.  Terribly neat to work with them because we always get cool doo dads once we’re done.  Coins, patches, posters…..stories mostly though

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/02/13 at 10:12 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

A Michigan man claims he tipped federal investigators to the location of Osama bin Laden’s compound in Pakistan eight years before his killing and has hired attorneys to help him collect the $25 million reward.

So who here is related to this guy?  Line forms over here…..

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 11/02/13 at 10:13 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

VooX.  My man.  Welcome back.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 11/02/13 at 10:14 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Geeked to see Helm out there tonight.  Over under on minutes?  9?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/02/13 at 10:14 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

No jink. No jink. No jink. Keating.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/02/13 at 10:15 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Howard City, MI on 11/02/13 at 10:12 PM ET

Cheers.  Hopefully one day we can raise a glass in person and you can regale me with a few of them

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 11/02/13 at 10:15 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

So who here is related to this guy?  Line forms over here…..

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, waiting….. on 11/02/13 at 10:13 PM ET

haha…he won’t see a dime.  Helll the other guy involved in Diming out Osama is rotting in a Pakistani prison

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/02/13 at 10:15 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I’d rather be related to a powerball winner Rummie. Much safer. wink

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 11/02/13 at 10:16 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Ok 19. Who does Sammy take out tonite with his shooting?

Mike Babcock.

Posted by calquake on 11/02/13 at 10:09 PM ET

I was gonna say the same. Scary.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/02/13 at 10:16 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Howard City, MI on 11/02/13 at 10:15 PM ET

Prolly, but I am still calling him Uncle…..for now.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 11/02/13 at 10:17 PM ET

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »