Abel to Yzerman

Nice Schedule, Little Fella. Live Blog Another Example Of Gary’s JV Idiocy

Go back with me, won’t you?  Back, back, back to October when we so redolently pointed out the fact that the Wings were being scheduled nothing but weekend games in order to pad owners’ wallets early.  We mentioned it here and next thing you know the trolls came out and said mean things.

“Little Gary’s letting “us” play hockey again”
Man is that self-indulgent and whiny.

Is Bettman the scheduler?  Is a 5 game break in October really a huge blow?  I believe a comment section is there to keep a writer a bit honest.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt on 10/21/11 at 04:54 PM ET

Actually, the comment section is there to..well, I’m not sure but I just know that I dig it and always have. My response was brilliant and long-winded.

He’s the commissioner.  Therefore he’s the scheduler, disciplinarian, overseer of transactions, janitor. Every bit of it. It’s all his responsibility. It’s called leadership and it’s why he “earns” those 7million every year.

Two five-day breaks. Not just one.  Two, in the first three weeks of the season.  No big deal now but wait until Jan and Feb when we have all those games crammed together and the injuries start piling up.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 10/21/11 at 05:31 PM ET

Now, to present day.  Luckily our injury situation is better than it has been in years.  But tonite’s a prime example of why that could change quickly.  Last night in Hockeytown, tonite in Dallas where Gary wanted to build from the South up.  Detroit, Dallas all in 48 hours…when the Wings stewed and sat over the course of two five-day breaks in the first three weeks of the season.

Nice schedule, Gary. Nice league, toad.

Live Blog it, bitches and hope for health.

12 in ‘12, baby Jesus willing.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

MsRedWinger's avatar

12 in ‘12 and #5 for #5

In spite of Gary.Ass.

Thanks, Master Chief!

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/17/12 at 10:10 PM ET

Ahoy, Sailor.  Raising a tall, cool glass of Guinness to you and your shipmates.  So, yeah, y’all get your asses home.  That’s a friggin’ order from your fans.

Tempting fate.  Sweet, giggling eight pounder…

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 01/17/12 at 10:14 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Actually, the comment section is there to..well, I’m not sure

It’s there to keep us from writing all of this stuff on bathroom walls.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 01/17/12 at 10:20 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Live Blog it, bitches and hope for health.

12 in ‘12, baby Jesus willing.

Evenin’ Bitches. Thanks Master Chief, for the reminder that the TROLLS “like” us.

Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/17/12 at 10:33 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

” trolls came out and said mean things”

Yeah that was me.  Glad you remember.  I have since noticed that every team has a real bad patch in their schedule.  Not an easy job to schedule 1200 games and still shaft the Wings.  Don’t think that I was all that mean about it though.

Regardless, this is a tough stretch.  Got a feeling we’ll actually see a good road start tonight.  They really had a chip on their shoulder last night, and it may carry over.

And I wasn’t there on that fateful October day just to badmouth you….I was just a little shocked by your tone.  Stunned really.  “Could anybody honestly think…...”, you know.  I’ve since become a big fan of your writing and started to see where y’all get your gripe from.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 01/17/12 at 10:45 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from Victoria on 01/17/12 at 07:45 PM ET

the equivalent of a ‘white flag’?

or trying to ‘kiss n make up’?

BTW - been out-of-pocket w/o a pc, but ...
L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/17/12 at 10:51 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

v. trolled, troll·ing, trolls. v.tr. 1. a. To fish for attention by trailing a baited line from behind a slowly moving mind.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/17/12 at 10:54 PM ET

Catch y’all on the flipside, 19.

James F. Tiberius Howard.  Bitches.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 01/17/12 at 10:55 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Evening Ya ALL! Thank Chief! Agree, follow orders from your 19+ fans and come back home, safe and sound!

Welcome Back Stonehands.

Drop the puck already.
Lets Go Red Wings!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/17/12 at 11:02 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

“the equivalent of a ‘white flag’?”

YES.  GOD.  I had no idea that dissenting opinions were going to make me such a target.
I guess you guys are used to people coming to be dicks, so fair enough.
I just want to enjoy the blog.
I can’t help calling a spade here and there.  I know some of you can handle a slight change from the party line, but apparently I had better not question the dogma.  I guess you lot don’t give each other any grief over some of the outrageous shit that gets said.  Fine.  I’m sorry.  I didn’t know that was the etiquette.
The next time someone cries foul that Jimmy isn’t the first star, I’ll keep quiet.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 01/17/12 at 11:06 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

BTW - been out-of-pocket w/o a pc, but ...
L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/17/12 at 07:51 PM ET

Missed ya Stony.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/17/12 at 11:12 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

I had no idea that dissenting opinions were going to make me such a target.

you have read the side board, and glossary right?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/17/12 at 11:14 PM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

At least the Stars played last night too.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 01/17/12 at 11:18 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

I need my Red Wings fix. Lets get this game going already *shivers in fetal position while hungrily staring at computer screen*

Posted by Yzersyuk on 01/17/12 at 11:19 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

“you have read the side board, and glossary right?”

Actually not at the time.  Had a good chuckle when I did.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 01/17/12 at 11:20 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I’ll keep quiet.

And monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Posted by dougie on 01/17/12 at 11:22 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I’ll keep quiet.

And monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Posted by dougie on 01/17/12 at 08:22 PM ET

Either way it’s a win-win for me. cheese

Posted by calquake on 01/17/12 at 11:24 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Good to see you back, Stonehands.

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/17/12 at 11:24 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

so commador is still hurting eh? bum ankle, and elbow.

if conk can conkablock the stars life will be sweet.

U.P. 200 is a month away. followed by the Trenary Mi outhouse race. good times

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/17/12 at 11:25 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I’ll keep quiet.

And monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Make sure you take the pencils out firs.

Whatcha think? A win on the road tonite?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/17/12 at 11:26 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Either way it’s a win-win for me.

Posted by calquake on 01/17/12 at 08:24 PM ET

I’d wager it’s a win win for all.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/17/12 at 11:27 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I sure would like Conks to send me and other nervous-nellies a STFU message with a solid, solid game and Red Wing win.

Posted by calquake on 01/17/12 at 11:28 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Hoping for Mickey and Ken on Center Ice.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/17/12 at 11:29 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

I too think the Stars will be late to the party.  No Benn and the Wings were hot last night.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 01/17/12 at 11:30 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

here, here…Win Wings - Period!

Lets Go Red WINGS!!!!! grin

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/17/12 at 11:30 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Whatcha think? A win on the road tonite?

Both teams played last night, both teams traveled. The signs point to a slow, sloppy suckfest that the Wings win by 2 goals.

Posted by dougie on 01/17/12 at 11:31 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Oh, wait , Mick doesn’t travel. Murph and his trusty flask would do, but it’s the fuching Stars broadcast.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/17/12 at 11:31 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

not looking good, stars have not won the second game of a back to back all year.

and we all know how the wings underachieve on the road.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/17/12 at 11:33 PM ET

monkey's avatar

And monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Damn it.  I just took a shower.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 01/17/12 at 11:33 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Conks play will be crucial this evening.  If he’s on it should spell victory, if not….

Posted by calquake on 01/17/12 at 11:34 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Good evening, bitches.  Welcome to the jungle, Tuxedo.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 01/17/12 at 11:35 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Evening 19.  Looks like we’ve attracted yet another secret admirer redolent with the foul stench of envy.  Enough of that though.  Let’s see the Wings kick some ass with the kind of methodical, choke-the-life-out-of-em road game that RWBill spoke of earlier.

LGRW!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/17/12 at 11:35 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Thanks Little Redhead, MsRedWinger & Kate.

imma ‘lil rusty and using a borrowed pc but ...

L.G.R.W.

12 in 12

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/17/12 at 11:36 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Hey bitches.

Time for a road win, eh?

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/17/12 at 11:36 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

Dats is only three points out of being the nhl points leader. I’d love an explosive night from him.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 01/17/12 at 11:36 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Does anyone here feel smart after eating McDonald’s?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 01/17/12 at 11:37 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Evening bitches. Sitting at home with tonsillitis, barely able to swallow (please go to town on that one). Ready for another Wings victory to help ease the pain a little, like last night.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 01/17/12 at 11:37 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I’ve got Ken and Murph - gamecenter live.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/17/12 at 11:38 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Posted by stayouttamalibu from Temporarily in Tempe, AZ on 01/17/12 at 08:37 PM ET

So sorry you’re sick.  I just got over something like that.  No fun.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/17/12 at 11:39 PM ET