Abel to Yzerman

Mom’s Home

And back we go, to the bosoms of our sadistic, bath-salt inhaling/sniffing/licking mothers.  Back we go.  She's deserted us three times, taken to the streets and left us to fend for ourselves.  But each time she limps home promising she'll be better.

Well, she's not

She's back.  But mommy's still a crack whore and we're still the lemmings we were in 1994.  She's pathetic but she's ours.

And so we enjoy her until she leaves again.  We'll forget the shit she's forced us to suffer through and we're going to collectively pretend that the power won't get shut off, or the phones disabled.

She's back so we're supposed to be thrilled.  She'll be literally surprised if we're anything but that.  Her mind is still fogged by whatever vices she's fallen prey to the last six months.  But it's not the drugs, it's the ignorance.  She's so stupid to think that we'll just smile and hug and dance.  But, of course, it's us who are even dumber because dancing is exactly what we'll do.  She'll tell us the steps and our feet get to shuffling.

I've been thinking about this a long time, whether I could stomach a return to blogging.  Well, I'm going to try but I make no promises.

I'm a Wing fan.  God help me.  But the NHL, the fuching commissioner, the NHLPA...all of it except for my team.  I have nothing for any of them and I'll be less than accomodating for anyone who defends what we've gone through and the garbage suits who orchestrated it.

We'll see where this goes.  I'll watch the Wings, and it damned well better be for free.  I'll read and I'll write and we'll talk hockey.  But let's not deny what we are and who we're beholden to.  If you're one of the few who will actually stop watching and caring? I promise you that my respect is absolutely epic.  I wish I could join you, but I can't.

So come on in Mommy.  You knew we'd be here and we are.

But we haven't forgotten what you are, or what you've done. Again, and again, again.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I don’t care if the NHL has to pay for it,

You got that right! I have subscribed to Center Ice since day one, not to mention the crap the NHL has just taken on all of us. We deserve an offering of their thanks and appreciation. A small price to pay for my own forty plus years of loyalty. Now multiply that by the millions of other fans that have supported their teams.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/06/13 at 11:57 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Fuch em all. I’ll watch when it’s free. I’ll use the free ducats my insurance agent gives me every year. But I won’t let one red cent I’ve earned fall into their greedy little hands.

The perfect human is gone. Our defense is like a collander. JJ and HTOverhaul already noted how bad the injury bug has hit and training camp week hasn’t even started. I give it a month before we’re all wishing the season had been cancelled.

I’m still pissed at the NHL and NHLPA, yet I’m already in full eyeore mode.

Somebody, please hose out the Hasek.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/07/13 at 12:41 AM ET

shanetx's avatar

Swedish sites have Homer announcing his retirement and Z being captained.  Huh.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 01/07/13 at 05:55 AM ET

dougie's avatar

I am totally underwhelmed that the lockout is over. It’s like when my alcoholic brother drunk dials me at 3 am to swear he is gonna straighten himself out. Fuch him , and fuch this chickenshit league.

But am I gonna turn in my “11 Cups” vanity plate, and quit cutting off Hurricanes fans on the Raleigh Beltline? Nope. Too much fun.

Am I gonna watch a “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” marathon with my wife, while the Wings are playing on the other channel? Nope. Not a chance.

Am I gonna take all of my employees to a couple of Hurricane games this season?
Nope. Not even if the Wings come to town. No more $10 parking and $8 beers.

Am I gonna log on to A2Y and say stupid, inappropriate things during Live Blogs?
You can bet your last fuching dollar that I will. That’s the most fun of all.

Bitches.

And again,  uttered with utter sincerity, Gary, I hope you get nut cancer.

Posted by dougie on 01/07/13 at 06:23 AM ET

SnLO's avatar

But the NHL, the fuching commissioner, the NHLPA…all of it except for my team.  I have nothing for any of them and I’ll be less than accomodating for anyone who defends what we’ve gone through and the garbage suits who orchestrated it.

here here that is spot on. i’m right there with you.

If you’re one of the few who will actually stop watching and caring? I promise you that my respect is absolutely epic.  I wish I could join you, but I can’t.

I care about The Team and i’ll watch on tv, but i’m not spending one dollar on this season. I will decide over the summer about the next season spending. i almost reached the point of pure apathy, but i find the prospect of actual Wings hockey is getting me a little excited. There could be good times ahead.

Posted by SnLO from the sub great-white north on 01/07/13 at 10:57 AM ET

hockeychic's avatar

I have always said that I love hockey despite the NHL and the remains true.  I wish I could stay away but I can’t.  I can’t stand the thought of missing any more of Zetterberg, Datsyuk, etc. then I already have.

I’m not proud of it but it is what it is.

Let’s go Red Wings!  Bring it on!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 01/07/13 at 11:48 AM ET

jennyquarx's avatar

I’ve missed you guys.  I knew I’d be back.  Here, take my money.  I am that fan.  Can’t wait.  Glad to see most of you are back too.

Posted by jennyquarx on 01/07/13 at 12:11 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

grin

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/07/13 at 02:36 PM ET

Colquhoun's avatar

I am coming back because I tried to follow pro football (okay, it was the Lions, so the “pro” part is questionable).  Too slow-moving and predictable.  It was kind of fun when they had the high-school refs - made it a little more WWE.

Plus I would miss the in-between period Pav interviews, the Mickey-isms, Murph when he gets glassy-eyed…..hell, all is forgive.  Let’s go get our Cup back.

And eff Gary Bettman.

Posted by Colquhoun on 01/07/13 at 06:57 PM ET

Posted by dougie on 01/07/13 at 05:23 AM ET

That made my nipples hard.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 01/19/13 at 01:37 AM ET