Abel to Yzerman

Live Blogging Yet Another Humiliation Of Pinky And The Wild

The Wings are in Minnesota.  The Tigers are in Texas.  I’m on the road posting on a phone.

Wannabe Wild blogger, Pinky, is worried.  Not worried that he only averages about 4 comments per post in the three years his highbrow blog has been spewing literary genius on the Gore, Pinky is worried that the Wild are about to get spanked by the Wings tonight and make life in Minnesota even more miserable than it already is.

Frankly, Pinky should be worried.

The Wings have looked good aside from some whiskey dick on the power play.  It’s not that I’ve been watching, having missed every game so far due to work, there’s no fauxing way I’m going to be the gamewrecker tonight.  However, using advanced statistical analysis, I predict a 19-1 victory tonight for the Wings.  Rest assured the math is strong within me.  I’m using the same cutting edge tools that allow a certain unnamed blogger to predict the League MVP one week into the season.

With the Tigers paw deep, and clinging onto their lives, in their series against Texas, attention will be divided tonight.  It’s okay, the Hasek has been through enough playoff series that we take for granted the 19 will be saturated in various bodily fluids all night.

I will leave you to enjoy the game with an open bar and enough booze for any type of game, playoff or otherwise.  Enjoy the game(s), 19, I’ll be doing my non-gamewrecker best to stay away.  For now.

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Let’s Go Tigers!!!!!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

Nate A's avatar

That’s what happens when Bert is on defense. Damn

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/15/11 at 09:43 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

ugh….score by the elves

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/15/11 at 09:43 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Oh crappola

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 10/15/11 at 09:43 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Wow, I’d almost forgotten what the sphincter minute was like.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/15/11 at 09:43 PM ET

calquake's avatar

poop

Posted by calquake on 10/15/11 at 09:43 PM ET

VooX's avatar

My fault.  I literally tune it for 3 seconds only to see the goal being shot and tipped.  I am the gamewrecker.

Maybe I’ll watch the Tigers instead.  I don’t like watching baseball but seeing as they are losing the series maybe I can be the anti-gamewrecker for that series.  Or maybe I shouldn’t risk it…

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 10/15/11 at 09:46 PM ET

Chris in A^2's avatar

2-0 tigers after 2

Posted by Chris in A^2 from Nyquist Puck Control on 10/15/11 at 09:48 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Don’t sweat it Voox… as they say on the interwebs… superstitions are for loosers. grin

Posted by calquake on 10/15/11 at 09:49 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

We need foals. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/15/11 at 09:50 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Flipping over to the playoff game and I see the Tigers close out the inning.  I quickly hear baseball’s douche canoe announcing… Joe Buck.  Fuch Joe Buck.

Other than the Douche Canoe himself, the only thing worse than listening to Joe Buck call a game is listening to Joe Buck call a game with Troy Aikman.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 10/15/11 at 09:50 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Not familiar with Tim McCarver huh? I wish they’d have kept Terry Francona around. His work in the first 2 games of the ALCS was very good.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/15/11 at 09:52 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

A little something to make some of us feel even older: last night marked the 27th anniversary of the Tigers’ most recent World Series win in ‘84.  Memories.  If only I could remember them all.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/15/11 at 09:55 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Oh.. I don’t know… having to listen to Brian Hayward and his brain dead co-hort is like nails on a blackboard combined with a crying baby.

Posted by calquake on 10/15/11 at 09:56 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/15/11 at 08:52 PM ET

Not familiar at all.  Am I mistaken about Joe Buck, or is he indeed calling the game?

Unless, they have formed an unholy alliance again…

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 10/15/11 at 09:58 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Tim McCarver is so very very painful to listen to.  Preachy, know it all senile bastard.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/15/11 at 09:59 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Tim McCarver.  Makes nails on a chalk board sound awfully good by comparison.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/15/11 at 09:59 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Preachy, know it all senile bastard.

Best description of Don Cherry I’ve ever heard.

Posted by calquake on 10/15/11 at 10:00 PM ET

Chris in A^2's avatar

2nd Period Starting

Posted by Chris in A^2 from Nyquist Puck Control on 10/15/11 at 10:01 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Brilliant first out.

I must admit, not being a baseball fan, I am oblivious to the announcers of the sport. However, I am fully aware of how horrible Joe Buck is after hearing him slobber all over the Cowboys with Troy Aikman is almost as bad as the Douche Canoe slobbering over Rosby’s knob for an entire game.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 10/15/11 at 10:01 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

VooX, you’re right, it is Buck. McCarver is the color guy. Buck is possibly the most monotone broadcaster i’ve ever heard. He doesn’t even get excited for walk-off home runs.

And often wrong.

How do so many national broadcasters keep their jobs when everyone hates them? At least Joe Morgan is gone.

Faux, completely blown coverage there

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/15/11 at 10:02 PM ET

Trish's avatar

WTF?

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 10/15/11 at 10:02 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Clutterfuch.  Goddammit

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/15/11 at 10:02 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

ugh….really 16 seconds the elves score…2-0.

Come on WINGS!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/15/11 at 10:02 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Wtf was datsyuk wating for?  Fml.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/15/11 at 10:03 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Well fuch me.  Maybe I’ll just stick with baseball tonight.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/15/11 at 10:03 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Posted by calquake on 10/15/11 at 08:49 PM ET

Not superstitious at all.  No faith at all, either, at least in the supernatural.

That being said, being afraid of becoming a gamewrecker is how we roll around here, and I have to respect that shite.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 10/15/11 at 10:04 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

fook, Tigs tied up now too.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/15/11 at 10:05 PM ET

VooX's avatar

2-2 in the MLB.  Maybe I should just give up on sports for the rest of the night.  FML.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 10/15/11 at 10:06 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Or maybe I’ll just take the dog for a walk.

Tex Ass ties it up.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/15/11 at 10:06 PM ET

calquake's avatar

The next three holes are fuge.

Posted by calquake on 10/15/11 at 10:06 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Ugh, make that 2-3 tigs down. Both teams falling apart a bit here

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/15/11 at 10:08 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

The next three holes are fuge.

Sounds like you got quite a night planned for yourself there.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/15/11 at 10:10 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Sounds like you got quite a night planned for yourself there.

As long as my left hand holds out. cheese

Posted by calquake on 10/15/11 at 10:11 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

As long as my left hand holds out.

Ah.  Giving the ole remote a workout eh?  Or whatever the kids are calling it these days.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/15/11 at 10:13 PM ET

Chris in A^2's avatar

Kronwalled

Posted by Chris in A^2 from Nyquist Puck Control on 10/15/11 at 10:15 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Typing with one hand… remoteing with the other.

Posted by calquake on 10/15/11 at 10:15 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Wings look…. sluggish.

Posted by calquake on 10/15/11 at 10:16 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

....ah lets play at the other end of the ice….

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/15/11 at 10:16 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Calling Mr Shanahan, to the white courtesy phone please.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/15/11 at 10:18 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Wow, that’s not a hit from behind?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 10/15/11 at 10:18 PM ET