Abel to Yzerman

Live Blogging The Lockout? Hell Yes. Right Here.

We started Live Blogging  Wing games here at A2Y in 2007.  I'm no pharmacist, but by my count that's like 340 regular season games and an additional 60 or so playoff games.  The interns, on loan from Grand Valley, found out another little ditty: we're the first blog to ever Live Blog a sporting event of any kind.

That's not true, actually.

But from this point forward, as fictional creators of the Live Blog concept, we're going to LB the lockout.  Every time negotiations are held, we'll Live Blog it.  Each and every press conference will be Live Blogged, discussed, dissected here at your source for 24/7 Lockout Info.  I plan to be the ultimate, objective, accurate provider of new Lockout fodder.  As it happens, every time it happens.

In fact, I'm going to put a personal twist on things. Through the art of the written word, I'll show you how hockey has affected me personally and how this lockout is damaging me, and all fans, emotionally.  Ready? Check this out.

I remember as a kid once there was a huge unexpected bill that hit our household. The bill had us completely stressed out. My parents were fighting about which sacrifices we'd have to make at dinner. People were crying, because we knew the next several months were going to be hard.

But then, an awesome thing happened... We all piled in the car and headed to the Spectrum to watch the Flyers play, and for a few hours we laughed with each other and we cheered on our team. Our problems were still there, but we were able to pause them...and I remember my mom and dad saying "Thank God we had a game to go to tonight."

Oh my god. Hockey saved my family. It did. That really happened. I literally remember both my parents saying that at the exact same time. It was a Broad Street miracle.

Well, not to me. I stole that from Dwayne Keith Klessel ("Eklund").  Naturally, he's lying too. So that's cool.

Ok. Honesty time: I'm not writing a single frigging worthwhile word about the players, owners, execs, petitioning fans or the Canadien(an) media sobbing because "their" farce of a game has been kidnapped. Again.

But I'm ok with that because my life has other avenues for stress. Oh yes. I can find other peckerheads to make me fret.  For instance, as I write this Doug Fister just left with men on second and third and nobody out in the fifth in Chicago, where the Tigers kinda need this to stay within a game of the mediocre White Sox.  Tiger Stress.  And that's not even mentioning the trough of vomit I laid down in after William Howard Valverde's performance yesterday.

Wooohooo...Alburquerque just walked 'em full.  Fun for the whole fuching family.

So Live Blog that? Yep. We'll LB every frigging sporting event possible. Enjoy the Lions game last night?  Think how much more fun it would have been to share that special swill with 19 of us?  Thanks to Captain D. Polonich's suggestion, we'll Live Blog those bitches too, bitches.

Screw hockey.  We have other outlets.  Bring it.

2-run error by Infante.  FMMFL.  Live Blog it.  Jesus.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 >       Next »

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

I wish’d we’d have had the LB last night for the Lions game to walk me back off that ledge.. I mean, HOW THE F*CK???  Our D was spectacularly bad.. must be going around in Michigan sports.

Only time the Wolverines can win a game anymore is if they’re playing a pee-wee team.  Sparty had a chance to establish themselves and choked on that cock.  FML, I didn’t know Lidas retiring would weaken the whole states D corp.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 09/17/12 at 03:16 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Enjoy the Lions game last night?

I sure as shit did.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 09/17/12 at 03:22 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Have no fear HTO.  The Freep covers Notre Dame like they’re a home-state team so you’ll have that going for you.  Saturday is going to be brutal. I can feel it.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 09/17/12 at 03:23 PM ET

VooX's avatar

As always, Chief, I’ll be serving high-octane moonshine behind the bar during each and every faux live blog.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 09/17/12 at 03:23 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Easy JJ. We’re brittle.

Voox: you’re an outstanding North American.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 09/17/12 at 03:24 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

There is no doubt in my mind Konerko hits a 3-run bomb off Dotel right now.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 09/17/12 at 03:25 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Sweet Pop out.  And Infante actually caught it.  Good boy.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 09/17/12 at 03:25 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Yep. I stopped caring and reading about hockey 3 weeks ago when it was clear the posturing wasn’t going to stop, but the game was. But you bitches are awesome enough that I will still check up on A2Y every couple days. So I’m relying on some one to post when this crap is over. I probably wont care immediately, but at least I’ll know.

In the mean time, go Tigs, tho I don’t have much hope there anymore either. Hope everyone’s doing well and finding one distraction or another.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 09/17/12 at 03:28 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Easy JJ. We’re brittle.

I had my fun. Now that the game is over, I can go back to casually wishing well of the Lions in favor of my internet friends.  It beats the hell out of hoping that a team from Chicago ever gives its fans reason to smile.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 09/17/12 at 03:29 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Ok Nate. But remember this: nothing of substance will be posted on A2Y until Gary’s Lockout is over. That’s a guarantee.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 09/17/12 at 03:30 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I’m all for that plan. Random rants and babbling are OK by me. And if they’re fueled by Yuengling, all the better.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 09/17/12 at 03:37 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

I keep some nerf balls handy to throw at the tv during sports games. Doesnt hurt the tv, and makes me feel a weency bit better. Where the hell was the running game in the first half of the Lions game like what i saw late in the 4th? Where was that great down fielding passing that i saw on the next to last series? WTF was goin on?

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 09/17/12 at 03:47 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

F*ck me.. D better close them out in the bottom.  F*ckin’ strike-out

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 09/17/12 at 03:48 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

right NIVO? No sense of urgency what-so-ever.  Stafford throwin’ like shit most of the game, he def seemed off.  They def turned it up in the 4th but f*ck you’re down at least 2 possesions at that point.  When we needed big stops in the 4th though the D was definitely not there.  They ran for how many 1st downs that last drive, 1st after 1st after 1st then Riola want’s to monster mash after one shitty tackle cause he got burned 1 on 1 the play before?  Come the f*ck on.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 09/17/12 at 03:53 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Here we go, Sox with 1 out man on 2nd and 3rd off a double

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 09/17/12 at 03:58 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Agreed HtO. This new offensive coordinator calling the plays and myself are not clickin at all. The offensive gameplan was scatter brained at best. I truly am puzzled why we werent using a 3 back rotation to #1 keep em fresh, #2 keep pounding it out, #3 use a back in slot to roll out for a screen.. We could have eaten their D alive with a screen in the flats. The 2 deep would have HAD to move to cover those. And then bam you go deep to Burleson or Megatron.

Now SF wins tie breakers to both Detroit and GreenGhey, and it might mean something down the road. Cant wait for Jahvid to get healthy. We need our game dynamics to change

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 09/17/12 at 04:00 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Change up, Villareal in

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 09/17/12 at 04:01 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

EXACTLY!!  2 safety’s sittin’ deep all night and we didn’t put anyone in the soft spot, instead kept throwin’ into double coverage to Johnson.  How they didn’t recognize that BLOWS MY MIND.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 09/17/12 at 04:04 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Survived the 8th still only down 1.  Still a chance.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 09/17/12 at 04:07 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

I can’t fuching stand Quintin Berry.  FUCH.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 09/17/12 at 04:09 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

We need Raburn for fecks sake! *ducks and runs*

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 09/17/12 at 04:40 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Two things that suck. Gary Bettman, and Tenacious D.

Posted by dougie on 09/17/12 at 06:34 PM ET

I can’t fuching stand Quintin Berry.  FUCH.

Berry is the Kris Draper of baseball.  Lots of speed, has the shot/swing of an intoxicated 6 year old girl.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 09/17/12 at 07:07 PM ET

Baroque's avatar

Fine, go ahead White Sox. I hope your plane goes down in the wilderness after you get swept in the first round and you all survive, lost and wandering, until rabid nutria gnaw off your testicles when you pass out from lack of food and water. Then you all get MRSA from the wounds. mad

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 09/17/12 at 07:42 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Ahh nice to hear from you Ms.B.

What a great idea Chief .LB anything and everthing. Vooxie serving any poison of choice.

The Lions and Tigers breakin hearts as usual.What else is new?

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 09/17/12 at 08:16 PM ET

Bent's avatar

I know I am a day late with this, and I know the missed double play wasn’t entirly his fault, but does anyone else feel they were oversold on Infante?  I didn’t hate him when he was with the tigers before, but after hearing all about how supposidy awesome he had become, I was expecting more.  Way more.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 09/18/12 at 09:22 AM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Stafford throwin’ like shit most of the game, he def seemed off.

Glad I’m not the only one who thought this.

And penalties. WTF. Will they ever learn? Roughing the kicker leads to a touchdown instead of a fieldgoal. And the Vanden Bosch face mask nullified a sack on the opening drive of the 3rd.

Think the Titans will be hungry for a W after an 0-2 start?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 09/18/12 at 01:18 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Tigers up 4-0 on the Athletics.

Keep it up and GOOO Royals

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 09/19/12 at 08:22 PM ET

Go Corvette Racing!

Finally, back on top in Sports Car Racing (ALMS GT2-class) after three years.

So, yeah, I’m a fan.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 09/21/12 at 01:33 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I’m eating lunch at Waffle House.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 09/26/12 at 12:37 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

I just went to the gym for the first time in a month.  A little sore but it’s a good sore.

After work I’m heading back out to my tree stand.  Go three bucks taunting me.  The joke is on them though…I just put a sight on my bow and spent all weekend target practicing with it.  At 20,30, and 40 yards I’m bunching the arrows within a pie plate.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 09/26/12 at 02:03 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Ok so I just discovered this website tonight.  I just had to share:

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 09/27/12 at 12:04 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

After work I’m heading back out to my tree stand

I’ve not spent much time up a tree yet, but my time is coming. G’luck Jeff.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 09/27/12 at 09:34 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Datsyuk’s KHL team just lost 4-3.  Pavel had two assists, but Bryzgalov let in four and while they were trying to tie it late, Alex Radulov got himself kicked out of the game for shoving a linesman.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 09/27/12 at 10:15 AM ET

dougie's avatar

I will have a free tree stand soon. I found an unauthorized one on my back 40 last weekend while walking around. If he had asked, I would have said OK, but now I am gonna be a borderline fuchhead about it, and remove it.

Posted by dougie on 09/27/12 at 10:28 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

, and “remove” it.

Fixed.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 09/27/12 at 03:31 PM ET

I’m eating lunch at Waffle House.

Posted by RWBill from the Capital of the Confederacy. on 09/26/12 at 01:37 PM ET

With fried chicken and bacon?

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 09/27/12 at 05:51 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

The Tigers remind me of CMOI, no telling how they pull out a win - but they do.  Fer chrissakes, Fister fans the Royals lineup, in order, and DET nearly blow it.  Skate, er, cleat to throat damnit.

Dirks woulda made a great grind-liner.

Watching Prince stretch out that double - looked like the Hasek steaming down the tracks.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 09/27/12 at 08:50 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

With fried chicken and bacon?
Posted by SYF from The Purveyors of the Perfect Pint on 09/27/12 at 06:51 PM ET

mmmmmmm

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 09/29/12 at 01:44 PM ET

1 2 >       Next »