Abel to Yzerman

Live Blog - Alumni Showdown Style

The first Alumni Showdown game starts just after 1:00pm ET and the 2nd game is scheduled for 3:30pm.

FSD and CBC will be televising both games and NBCSN will broadcast the first game at 1:00pm and the 2nd game may be on tape delay starting at 4:00pm.

The Malik Report has the rosters for both games, both teams.

Enjoy and any players you are looking forward to seeing on the ice again?

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3

TeamDub's avatar

Curiously familiar…

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 12/31/13 at 06:45 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Not the bloody shoot out.

Thanks Gary, Ass.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 12/31/13 at 06:46 PM ET

dougie's avatar

3 fuchin’ seconds.

Maybe this is the actual Wings way now.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 12/31/13 at 05:44 PM ET

It’s an ALUMNI GAME. Lighten the fuch up, already. Or don’t. I won’t be seeing it.

Posted by dougie on 12/31/13 at 06:47 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Oh no…Homer?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 12/31/13 at 06:48 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Homer????

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 12/31/13 at 06:48 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

HOMER!!!!!!

Paul's avatar

Scotty says Homer, Homer looks at him like did you just say that!

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/31/13 at 06:50 PM ET

SK77's avatar

C’mon, Scotty, through Yzerman out there.

Posted by SK77 on 12/31/13 at 06:50 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Way to go Manny!

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 12/31/13 at 06:50 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

HOMER!!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 12/31/13 at 06:50 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

CBC sucks

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 12/31/13 at 06:51 PM ET

SK77's avatar

throw* English ... And Manny saves the day. WHAT THE HECK?!!!

Posted by SK77 on 12/31/13 at 06:51 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Posted by dougie on 12/31/13 at 05:47 PM ET

Oh I’m sorry, it’s been too long since I’ve live blogged…guess I need to reread the rules eh?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 12/31/13 at 06:52 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

All Leafs all the time in the coverage on NBCSN. It sucks. They talk over all the Detroit goals, basically ignoring them. I actually turned off the sound

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 12/31/13 at 05:40 PM ET

Wait ‘til tomorrow. tongue laugh

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 12/31/13 at 06:52 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Wait ‘til tomorrow.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 12/31/13 at 05:52 PM ET

Ugh. Eddy Oldsuck

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 12/31/13 at 06:54 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Yep. And Pee-Air.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 12/31/13 at 06:55 PM ET

13datsyukfan13's avatar

What was the final score?  NBC web feed cut to commercial after Manny’s first save.  I didn’t see the rest.  NBC BLOWS!!

Posted by 13datsyukfan13 from Mid Michigan on 12/31/13 at 07:11 PM ET

Paul's avatar

6-5 Detroit 13d, Holmstom with the shootout winner.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/31/13 at 07:15 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Just seeing Stevie Y and Vladdie in the Wings sweater once more, I turned into a babbling mess.

Posted by SYF from minding the gap on 12/31/13 at 04:15 PM ET

Glad I wasn’t the only one. After player intros I got all emotional, and a few tears streaked down my cheek. “WTF??”, I thought, so I text a few friends to get their reactions.

Phew, I was ‘normal’, seems like a lot of people were more emotional than they thought they would be when that game 2 lineup was shown.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 12/31/13 at 07:16 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Noticed how Shanny circled back to the bench at least once as to ask Stevie “Are you sure?” before taking the final shootout shot.

You know the entire bench was pushing him to go out there.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 12/31/13 at 07:30 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

You know you’re a Red Wings fan for life when you heard the words “Fedorov from Redmond” and it brought a smile a mile-wide to your face.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 12/31/13 at 08:09 PM ET

If you’ve missed it or longing for proper highlights, awood has got you covered and well.  He remains unbelievably awesome.

Wings/Leafs Alumni Showdown - Player Introductions (Game 1).

Wings/Leafs Alumni Showdown - Highlights (Game 1).

Wings/Leafs Alumni Showdown - Player Introductions (Game 2).

Wings/Leafs Alumni Showdown - Highlights (Game 2).

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/01/14 at 01:51 PM ET

« Previous        < 1 2 3