Abel to Yzerman

Line Of The Night: Monkey

Don't be fooled into thinking this will be a nightly feature, because it won't.  I learned my lesson long ago about guaranteeing things my lack of initiative can't deliver.

I mean, Dwayne Klessel's been promising an updated Rumor Chart for like 13 hours now and the paying customers in the Motel 6 lounge are violently restless.

But I can't let this go without applause because it's so good and it's such a nice dig at the ladies over at Mile High Hockey, an SBN blog that looks remarkably like...every other SBN blog.

From our Live Blog...

Detroit is now 1-0-0 vs Colorado in the Brunner era.

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 03/05/13 at 10:10 PM ET

That's just funny.  Be sure and suck it Dive fans. You know the routine.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

I laughed.

I think the 19 are getting older, right to bed after the game.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/05/13 at 10:46 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Heheheheheheh.  Can’t wait to go to work tomorrow.  I won lunch and coffee, I’m set!

Suck it Dive fans!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 03/06/13 at 01:25 AM ET

Zqto's avatar

Hahahaha!

The burn is too strong in this one!

Posted by Zqto on 03/06/13 at 08:57 AM ET

monkey's avatar

Bonjour, and don’t forget to tip your server.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 03/06/13 at 08:59 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Well done, Monkey.  Bonjour!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/06/13 at 09:01 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Good work, Monkey. I almost forgot. 60 decades and all.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/06/13 at 09:12 AM ET

dougie's avatar

I think the 19 are getting older, right to bed after the game.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/05/13 at 10:46 PM ET

Lately, I enjoy watching the third period from bed. These 7:30 starts are hell on an old guy whose day starts at 4-5AM

Posted by dougie on 03/06/13 at 09:59 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Priceless.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 03/06/13 at 10:59 AM ET

I didn’t want to add to the LB anymore after monkey posted that.  It should end like that.  It must.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/06/13 at 11:39 AM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Nicely done Monkey. However, Master Chief, I think you are remiss in not at least giving an honorable mention to Kate for this gem:

Bonjour, Aloha, Hidee-Ho, Greetings, and Salutations. I’m trying to get “up” for the game, but, Uncle Mike has my happiness sandwiched between Wasteful and Stupid.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/05/13 at 06:35 PM ET

If there was still a sidebar, that last clause would have to be on it.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/06/13 at 12:40 PM ET

Bonjour, and don’t forget to tip your server.

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 03/06/13 at 08:59 AM ET

One Happy Monkey.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/06/13 at 02:53 PM ET