Abel to Yzerman

Let The Spectacle Of A Wing/Leaf Throwdown Distract You From The Fact That This League Is A Joke

Negotiating ploy, posturing, a whole load of crap…whatever it is, the shrivs are at it again and the ones paying the price are those of us stupid enough to have believed something cool like the realignment couldn’t be ruined by the likes of Gary. Ass and his band of idiots.

George has it all here and will most likely tackle this more thoroughly than anyone else, because he’s Malik and that’s what Malik does. Winging it in Motown nailed it late last night too.

I will not be writing about it anytime soon because it sickens me and I only like talking about things that make me happy.

James F. Howard is going for his 100th win and the Wings are playing well.  By the time you read this the whole subject we won’t speak of might be resolved because it’s 0932 your time on game day, 1932 my time the day after (figure that shit out) and I’m pre-posting this bad boy.

It’s a Live Blog, bitches.  Enjoy this one because you may not get another Wing/Laugh LB for a while if the dickheads have their way.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »

Zets crosschecked twice in front of the net, play on…..Toronto goal.  Is it the 80’s again and no one told me?

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/07/12 at 09:35 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Watchin the Lions is looking better and better right aboot now.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 09:35 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Uncle Mike is tearing them a new one during the time out

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/07/12 at 09:35 PM ET

cainer4wingsglory's avatar

This is no cup contender. Screw this, I’m out.

Let’s go Lions!!!

Posted by cainer4wingsglory on 01/07/12 at 09:35 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Wings looking very pedestrian so far

do they even look that good?!

babcock calls a time out.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/07/12 at 09:35 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Filppula’s gotta at least get a decent shot off from that set up…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 09:35 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Well I’m turning this off.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 01/07/12 at 09:36 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I don’t think I’ve ever done this before, but I just turned the TV off.  Can’t watch this.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/07/12 at 09:36 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Wow, they really so suck ass on the road this season.

1-0 felt like the kind of lead they simply don’t overcome on the road this year.  3-0?  Feels damn near impossible.  Might as well get Conklin in the game and save JFH for tomorrow.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/07/12 at 09:36 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Posted by Valek on 01/07/12 at 07:35 PM ET

Like, totally, fer sure.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/07/12 at 09:36 PM ET

monkey's avatar

tHIS GAME IS GOING SO WELL

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 01/07/12 at 09:37 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I should have saved the 20 Jameson shots last night (and the $80 cab ride home)
for tonight.

Posted by dougie on 01/07/12 at 09:37 PM ET

calquake's avatar

The next four goals are huge. <heavy sarcasm here>

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 09:37 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

That commercial made me vomit.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 09:38 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I’m still sticking with the Wings…. but if it gets too bad, I’ll start shooting people in BF3.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 09:38 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Bertuzzi, as puck carrier, played the man instead of the puck, again.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 01/07/12 at 09:39 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

BELIEVE !!!!  ..Let’s Go Redwings !!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/07/12 at 09:39 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Wings looking very pedestrian so far

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 07:33 PM ET

On behalf of pedestrians everywhere I’m gonna cry foul on this one.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/07/12 at 09:40 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by monkey from the morel high ground on 01/07/12 at 07:39 PM ET

It’s like one of my buddies in youth hockey used to pass the puck to the other team just so he could hit them.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 09:41 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Adios amigos. Re-alignment getting shot down is looking better than it did forty minutes ago.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/07/12 at 09:41 PM ET

calquake's avatar

If I’ve said it once… “Ladies and Gentlemen your 2011-2012 schizo Detroit Red Wings”.

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 09:42 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Exactly.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 01/07/12 at 09:43 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

and the $80 cab ride home

Posted by dougie

80 bux? no way I’m paying that much for a cab ride. ‘course up here where i live we have only one cab that serves an area the size of Rode Island.

makes my insurance bill i paid today seem really small.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/07/12 at 09:44 PM ET

calquake's avatar

“The Wings are not used to Toronto’s speed”.  What a crock.

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 09:45 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

That commercial made me vomit.

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 07:38 PM ET

Talkin about the Honda commercial I’m guessing?

Ironic that two seven figure per year NHLPA members are hawking cars for a company that has been so steadfastly hostile to unions.  Especially today.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/07/12 at 09:46 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Abby hauled down and no penalty shot.(sarcasm)

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 09:46 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

“The Wings are not used to Toronto’s speed”.  What a crock.

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 07:45 PM ET

Yeah, HNIC already planning the parade in Toronto.  Assclowns.

Like Detroit has just been playing against the Chicago Snails and Edmonton Turtles.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 09:48 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/07/12 at 07:46 PM ET

Agreed.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 09:48 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Conklin starts the 2nd?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 09:49 PM ET

dougie's avatar

80 bux? no way I’m paying that much for a cab ride.

Oh, believe me, it was money well spent. I overestimated my livers capability to metabolize alcohol badly.

Posted by dougie on 01/07/12 at 09:49 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Go Pavel, Go Wings!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/07/12 at 09:49 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Conklin starts the 2nd?

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 01/07/12 at 07:49 PM ET

That’s just crazy talk.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 09:50 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by dougie on 01/07/12 at 07:49 PM ET

You?

i dON’T bELIEVE iT

Speaking of which, my girlfriend and I are going to the Hurricanes vs Bruins on the 14th if you wanted to meet up or something.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 09:51 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Conklin starts the 2nd?

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 01/07/12 at 07:49 PM ET

May as well, I don’t want to see Conks up against the Hawks.

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 09:51 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Well-rested with a chance to take over first place in the division and somehow they pull a complete no-show in the first period.  White and Lidstrom doing a helluva job ensuring that E52 is not the worst D-man on the ice tonight.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/07/12 at 09:52 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Grapes is talking shit.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 09:55 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Don Cherry is a senile old man… “You have to admire a guy like that”, referring to Burrows.  Burrows is a punk-bitch who needs his clock cleaned.

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 09:56 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Grapes is talking shit.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 07:55 PM ET

Preemptive mute on his tired old ass.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 09:56 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Grapes is talking shit.

Reminds me of the loud drunk at the end of the bar.  Incoherent babbling and no one’s ever quite sure what the fuch he’s talkin about.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/07/12 at 09:58 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Grapes is talking shit.

Isnt that what usually comes out of assholes?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/07/12 at 09:59 PM ET