Abel to Yzerman

Let The Spectacle Of A Wing/Leaf Throwdown Distract You From The Fact That This League Is A Joke

Negotiating ploy, posturing, a whole load of crap…whatever it is, the shrivs are at it again and the ones paying the price are those of us stupid enough to have believed something cool like the realignment couldn’t be ruined by the likes of Gary. Ass and his band of idiots.

George has it all here and will most likely tackle this more thoroughly than anyone else, because he’s Malik and that’s what Malik does. Winging it in Motown nailed it late last night too.

I will not be writing about it anytime soon because it sickens me and I only like talking about things that make me happy.

James F. Howard is going for his 100th win and the Wings are playing well.  By the time you read this the whole subject we won’t speak of might be resolved because it’s 0932 your time on game day, 1932 my time the day after (figure that shit out) and I’m pre-posting this bad boy.

It’s a Live Blog, bitches.  Enjoy this one because you may not get another Wing/Laugh LB for a while if the dickheads have their way.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 7 8 9

VooX's avatar

Frustrating period.  A horrible turnover led to the go ahead goal, and some key mistakes by our forwards negated some very good scoring chances.  Yet we still had many attempts, so they have the potential, obviously, to get their shite together.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/08/12 at 12:37 AM ET

Tinfoil hat coming in to play again….3 of last 4 games Detroit has combined for 2 PP’s for versus 7 against and 2 penalty shots against.  You can not tell me other teams are not committing any sort of infractions.  Only game in that mix (St. Louis) that Wings actually had a 4-3 PP advantage, the Blues penalties were 2 high sticks, a delay of game over the glass, and the shot to Abdlekader’s head.  Where’s the hooking and holding that Detroit gets called for left and right?

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/08/12 at 12:39 AM ET

Animal Drew's avatar

The problem I have with all of these stupid penalty shots is the fact that the “offending” players aren’t taking the scoring opportunity away and in both cases that have happened in a week (Toews and Kessel) - both players had a good enough chance that NO call should have been made.

Stick checks happen all over the ice.  If White taps Phil Kessel in ANY OTHER situation in ANY OTHER part of the ice…no call is made…period.  Same goes for Lidstrom in Chicago.

Our road record is abysmal this season (compared to where it usually is) because of little sh*t like that.

I am so angry about this loss.  The penalty shot.  The 40 minutes that we actually played, the giveaway by Cleary…and that abortion of a fourth goal that Toronto got.

To lose by one after taking the first period off and giving up two goals on faceoffs won in our own zone has driven me crazy…driven me right back to the 19.

Posted by Animal Drew from A Nightmare on Helm Street on 01/08/12 at 01:20 AM ET

Bent's avatar

Really tough game to watch with my wife and her two friends from Canada, all leafs fans.  Combine that with the lions and I feel like sticking my head in the oven.  Crappy night for detroit sports.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 01/08/12 at 02:32 AM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Had to work last night and caught the highlights this morning. Wings deserved to lose with more turnovers than a bakery makes in a week.WTFwas Jimmah doing flopping like a flounder on the winning goal.Yeach
Will miss the lbee tonight playing my first hockey game of our new season.

Hope to read a better result against Shitcago.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 01/08/12 at 12:34 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Animal Drew from A Nightmare on Helm Street on 01/07/12 at 10:20 PM ET

Aw come on. You know you can never really leave. Once you’re in, you’re in. But, know that you are missed when we do not hear from you for a while.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/08/12 at 02:06 PM ET

Jeebus, on the night that the hot tarbender, VooX, makes a return engagement in the LB, I fuggin’ miss the fireworks and puppies.  Damn.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/08/12 at 04:21 PM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 7 8 9