Abel to Yzerman

Let The Spectacle Of A Wing/Leaf Throwdown Distract You From The Fact That This League Is A Joke

Negotiating ploy, posturing, a whole load of crap…whatever it is, the shrivs are at it again and the ones paying the price are those of us stupid enough to have believed something cool like the realignment couldn’t be ruined by the likes of Gary. Ass and his band of idiots.

George has it all here and will most likely tackle this more thoroughly than anyone else, because he’s Malik and that’s what Malik does. Winging it in Motown nailed it late last night too.

I will not be writing about it anytime soon because it sickens me and I only like talking about things that make me happy.

James F. Howard is going for his 100th win and the Wings are playing well.  By the time you read this the whole subject we won’t speak of might be resolved because it’s 0932 your time on game day, 1932 my time the day after (figure that shit out) and I’m pre-posting this bad boy.

It’s a Live Blog, bitches.  Enjoy this one because you may not get another Wing/Laugh LB for a while if the dickheads have their way.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 6 7 8 9 >       Next »

calquake's avatar

Pavel has been awfully quiet tonight.  I’d love to see some “magic”.

Posted by calquake on 01/08/12 at 12:14 AM ET

VooX's avatar

Hughson: “Miraculous Jimmy Howard save.”

Response: “Amazing double save, initial one on Kessel and the rebound too.”

Jimmah F’n Howard in the T-Dot.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/08/12 at 12:14 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Who turned it over?  Horrible pass.

That’d be Kronwall. Got hooked a bit tryin to swing it around the boards. But no wing was gonna get to that puck anyway even if it had full steam. They were standing off the faceoff.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/08/12 at 12:14 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

04:32 Jiri Hudler (12) Wrist Shot - Assists: B. Stuart (5) & H. Zetterberg (22)

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/08/12 at 12:15 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

Bad turnover, but man, you can’t just give up the net like that.  He had nothing but net to shoot at.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/08/12 at 12:15 AM ET

VooX's avatar

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/07/12 at 09:14 PM ET

Thanks.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/08/12 at 12:15 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

That’d be Kronwall.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/07/12 at 09:14 PM ET

I thought it was Stuart… after Hudler put the puck to the back boards after the faceoff win, I though Stuart tried to clear it around and shanked it.

Could be the shitty wine talking, though.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/08/12 at 12:17 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Hey Voox, hope you won’t be a stranger in the new year.

Posted by calquake on 01/08/12 at 12:17 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Hey Voox, hope you won’t be a stranger in the new year.

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 09:17 PM ET

I still have a pic of Voox from the inaugural H2H at the game… bitch is a straight-up pimp.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/08/12 at 12:18 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

I thought it was Stuart

Could’ve been. I didnt catch the number, but Mick said Kronner so that’s what I went with.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/08/12 at 12:19 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Hey Voox, hope you won’t be a stranger in the new year.

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 09:17 PM ET

No stranger than in the old year.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!! tongue wink

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/08/12 at 12:19 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Quick move from Bert. Dont see him taking charge like that hardly ever.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/08/12 at 12:22 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/07/12 at 09:19 PM ET

I was only half looking at the replay, and I thought it was Hudler who half ringed it around the board because I saw a 2x…

... then I realized Stuart was the only other 2x on the ice, and Hudler was on the hashmark.

Could still be the wine talking, and Mick is actually at the game—though I don’t know how many “ginger ales” he’s had.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/08/12 at 12:22 AM ET

VooX's avatar

You bitches are making me blush, or is it the mescaline?  Either way, thanks.

I have a feeling we will be heading straight for another “offseason”.  I think I may make a bit of noise for the final stretch around here.  I am going to try and find the time to watch games as well as write some commentary as best I can.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/08/12 at 12:25 AM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Come on Wings, you can do it, I believe it!
Go WINGS!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/08/12 at 12:26 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Let’s Go Red Wings !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/08/12 at 12:27 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/07/12 at 09:25 PM ET

Probably the mescaline.

Do what you gotta do, bro.  If you make it, cool.  If not, cool.

We’re all adults(?) here.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/08/12 at 12:27 AM ET

VooX's avatar

Bad decision by Franzen not passing and losing the zone.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/08/12 at 12:27 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Man, whoever said “the Wings aren’t moving their feet tonight” was absolutely right.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/08/12 at 12:28 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Bert spinnorama in his own end *facepalm*

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/08/12 at 12:28 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

*#$%@& ZETTERMAN PUT THE PUCK ON NET

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/08/12 at 12:29 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Damnit Z why did you pass back?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/08/12 at 12:29 AM ET

VooX's avatar

Zetterberg had a beautiful setup and made the bad decision to pass and not shoot.  Killer instinct, Hank… RWBill knows where your family lives.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/08/12 at 12:29 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

GOOD WORK WHITEY!

Man, I’m yelling at the TV.

My mom is probably wondering what’s going on in the basement.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/08/12 at 12:31 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Shame we had to burn a time out to settle things in the first.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/08/12 at 12:31 AM ET

VooX's avatar

Nice hustle by White/Maltby.  I’m glad the Laughs didn’t want him, he was a great player when he was here, and the Wings will actually know how to use him.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/08/12 at 12:31 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Fvcking WOW.

“The Monster” made a save.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/08/12 at 12:33 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Moose had his chance.

Posted by calquake on 01/08/12 at 12:33 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

My mom is probably wondering what’s going on in the basement.

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 01/07/12 at 09:31 PM ET

*not a joke, I actually live in my mom’s basement.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/08/12 at 12:34 AM ET

VooX's avatar

Great attempt off the set play following the faceoff.  Next faceoff not so good.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/08/12 at 12:34 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Bollocks.

Hawks tomorrow?

....

0-2 for the weekend?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/08/12 at 12:34 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

One penalty shot away from a win. Again.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/08/12 at 12:34 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Too bad the Wings only played two periods tonight. This should have been a win for us.

Nite all.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/08/12 at 12:35 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Night, bitches… Lions ON!

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/08/12 at 12:35 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

I’m gonna credit the Ref and Kessel for that one…

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/08/12 at 12:35 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

Another well-deserved road loss.  Note to Red Wings, hockey games are sixty minutes, not forty.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/08/12 at 12:35 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Tomorrow is a chance for redemption.  Just do it.

Posted by calquake on 01/08/12 at 12:35 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

On to the Lions.

Go Lions!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/08/12 at 12:35 AM ET

monkey's avatar

Good night, bitches.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 01/08/12 at 12:35 AM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Nice 2nd and 3rd periods.  Catch you all around!

Go Lions!