Abel to Yzerman

Let The Spectacle Of A Wing/Leaf Throwdown Distract You From The Fact That This League Is A Joke

Negotiating ploy, posturing, a whole load of crap…whatever it is, the shrivs are at it again and the ones paying the price are those of us stupid enough to have believed something cool like the realignment couldn’t be ruined by the likes of Gary. Ass and his band of idiots.

George has it all here and will most likely tackle this more thoroughly than anyone else, because he’s Malik and that’s what Malik does. Winging it in Motown nailed it late last night too.

I will not be writing about it anytime soon because it sickens me and I only like talking about things that make me happy.

James F. Howard is going for his 100th win and the Wings are playing well.  By the time you read this the whole subject we won’t speak of might be resolved because it’s 0932 your time on game day, 1932 my time the day after (figure that shit out) and I’m pre-posting this bad boy.

It’s a Live Blog, bitches.  Enjoy this one because you may not get another Wing/Laugh LB for a while if the dickheads have their way.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›      Next »

RedMenace's avatar

I didn’t know Kronwall in Swedish translates to DON in english.  Go figure.

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 08:41 PM ET

That was probably “GOAL,” but Kronwall as “The Don” works just as well.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 10:42 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Tack så jävla mycket = Thank you so F..ing much…  Let’s go Redwings

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/07/12 at 10:42 PM ET

dougie's avatar

The Wings played the second period like Walter White was handing out samples in the room between periods.

Posted by dougie on 01/07/12 at 10:42 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Can’t we please hear from decrepit Don again aboot how we need more good Canadian boys in the game and lose all the Euros?

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 10:44 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by dougie on 01/07/12 at 08:42 PM ET

Is that an allegory for cocaine?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 10:44 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Sticking with radio. Afraid to go back to TV.

KEEP IT GOING, WINGS !!!!!

Amen.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/07/12 at 10:44 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Did the Lions recently graduate from the Rich Rod school of tackling?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 01/07/12 at 10:45 PM ET

As I don my tinfoil hat, I find it hard to believe that given the ridiculous amount of time Detroit spent in the Leafs’ zone that period the Leafs only committed one penalty.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/07/12 at 10:45 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by Valek on 01/07/12 at 08:45 PM ET

That’s because they’re fast…

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 10:46 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Is that an allegory for cocaine?

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 01/07/12 at 08:44 PM ET

Google it. Don’t google Santorum

Posted by dougie on 01/07/12 at 10:47 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Did the Lions recently graduate from the Rich Rod school of tackling?

Posted by monkey from the morel high ground on 01/07/12 at 08:45 PM ET

SHHH YOU!  I don’t want to hear aboot the LIONS!

At the very least, if you’re going to post about the Lions, can you post a “LIONS” header or something?  smile

Glen Healy: “Call a spade a shovel.”  Is that a Canadian version of the saying?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 10:47 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I’m trying to keep up with two games at once here.  Luckily that’s not really a spoiler.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 01/07/12 at 10:49 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Google it. Don’t google Santorum

Don’t gargle santorum.  Words to live by.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 01/07/12 at 10:49 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Google it. Don’t google Santorum

Posted by dougie on 01/07/12 at 08:47 PM ET

Ahhh, BrBa.  I’ve always wanted to watch that, and it’s on NetFlix so perhaps I should.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 10:50 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Don’t gargle santorum.  Words to live by.

Posted by monkey from the morel high ground on 01/07/12 at 08:49 PM ET

Can’t wait for him to campaign here.  I want to carry a sign reading, “Ass Juice for President”.

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 10:51 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Don’t gargle santorum.  Words to live by.

Posted by monkey from the morel high ground on 01/07/12 at 08:49 PM ET

FVCK, I just Googled “santorum.”

*looks around for Clorox*

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 10:51 PM ET

behind the net in G.R.'s avatar

Dear Lord of Red Wings fans if you could let the Wings prevail tonight I promise to give up drinking beer and replace it with the wines of my college day. Boones Farm,  MD 20/20 or Ripple, but not Wild Irish Rose. Any help by WestWing would be appreciated.

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 01/07/12 at 10:54 PM ET

monkey's avatar

He’s really into slippery slopes.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 01/07/12 at 10:54 PM ET

monkey's avatar

MAD DOG
MAD DOG
MAD DOG

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 01/07/12 at 10:55 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

MAD DOG
MAD DOG
MAD DOG

Posted by monkey from the morel high ground on 01/07/12 at 08:55 PM ET

... is nasty and doesn’t provide enough alcohol content.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 10:56 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Did you know?

MD Stands for Mogen David, and is affectionately called “Mad Dog 20/20”.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 10:57 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 08:51 PM ET

Made me and my husband laugh out loud.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/07/12 at 10:57 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Lions just scored.

Go Lions!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 10:59 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Evening, bitches, how are you and we doing?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/07/12 at 10:59 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

LIONS

wish the lions had a all star quarter back.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/07/12 at 10:59 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

off sports topics…..daughters boyfriend walks in hands me a big bag of homemade chex mix, (so I am thinking he is trying to win me over, he says, Yeah I added bugles cause I heard that’s what you “old” folks used to eat when you were young…I told him thanks for chex mix but after that comment get down and give me 20…..and he did!  Love that parent fear factor smile

Go Wings!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/07/12 at 10:59 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Never touched the stuff myself, but had a friend who swore by it in college.  Boones Farm brought back some good memories.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 01/07/12 at 10:59 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

LET’S GO RED WINGS (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap)

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/07/12 at 10:59 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Don’t gargle santorum.  Words to live by.

Posted by monkey from the morel high ground on 01/07/12 at 08:49 PM ET

... just realized you said “gargle” instead of “google.”

*intensifies search for Clorox.*

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 11:00 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Evening, bitches, how are you and we doing?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/07/12 at 08:59 PM ET

Long time no see. Missed ya, bitch.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 11:00 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

MAD DOG!

The people have spoken.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/07/12 at 11:00 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Evening, bitches, how are you and we doing?

A tall ice water, please. I stopped drinking about 2 AM this morning.

Posted by dougie on 01/07/12 at 11:01 PM ET

monkey's avatar

It’s getting sloppy in here.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 01/07/12 at 11:02 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

C mon Redwings…!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/07/12 at 11:02 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Lions just scored.

Go Lions!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 08:59 PM ET

LIONS

wish the lions had a all star quarter back.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/07/12 at 08:59 PM ET

Evening, bitches, how are you and we doing?

Apparently talking about the Lions game in spite of my express wishes.

Long time so smell, Bitch.  How are you?  The Wings are better, but still not out of the woods.

The 19 are still trying to get the smell of piss out from the 1st period.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 11:02 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

the 20/20 part is kind of ironic really.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/07/12 at 11:02 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Thanks, Kate, and tall glass of water coming up, Dougie.

Very nice to watch hockey again.  I’m not at the game this year, though, nice to be LB’ing instead with the 19.  First round is on me, and then the next two after that.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/07/12 at 11:03 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Puck deep, Disco; puck deep.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 11:04 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

The 19 are still trying to get the smell of piss out from the 1st period.

But we could do with some Moose Musk right about now.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/07/12 at 11:04 PM ET

monkey's avatar

A request for the Emperor:

spoiler tags

To allow for the safe posting of spoiler content.  Users would have to click on something to expose the spoiler content.

<spoiler>
Information concerning the fate of the Lions
</spoiler>